Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 06:20 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Ok, then I'll ask once again, do you believe that it was your sin and the whole world's sin that nailed Jesus Christ to the cross ???
Just a simple YES or NO will be sufficient..... no need to explain, I'm waiting
It was religious flesh which nailed Christ to the cross.

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
OK, so a person who mocks someone as a 'book worshipper' belongs to the group who reads the scripture, but does not listen to their heart? Or someone who says that you do not believe God unless you believe as I do?
I think you already have the answers you are looking for.

Blessings,
brian

Old 02-16-2011, 06:34 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
It was religious flesh which nailed Christ to the cross.

Blessings,
brian

We're talking about you, Brian, the person Brian, not the religious flesh, Pharisee's, whomever !!
I'm asking you a very simple question and that question is...... "Do you believe that Jesus Christ came and die on the cross for your sin ???"
A very simple answer will do, YES or NO, thanks

Old 02-16-2011, 06:34 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Because it would be better.
It would be better to break one of the commandments?

Old 02-16-2011, 06:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I think you already have the answers you are looking for.
Yes, but I wanted you to see it.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
We're talking about you, Brian, the person Brian, not the religious flesh, Pharisee's, whomever !!
I'm asking you a very simple question and that question is...... "Do you believe that Jesus Christ came and die on the cross for your sin ???"
A very simple answer will do, YES or NO, thanks
Now you have changed questions.
This is a new question, to which I answer, "yes!"

It has nothing to do with what I stated before, however..

Blessings,
brian

Old 02-16-2011, 09:00 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it isn't about horse and cart, since no one is downplaying the Spirit, or elevating one above the other.

You are not answering the question: Why is it ok for some to read it and quote the Bible, while others are mocked for doing the same? It is the same as saying that some are more qualified to read the Bible that others, and that is horribly arrogant, and such attitude is certainly not of the Spirit. I can assure you of that.

The pharisees didn't kill Jesus because they read the Bible, they killed Him because they felt threatened by Him.
The problem is not with reading or quoting the bible. The problem is reading and quoting the bible as a means to slay others and justify yourselves. The bible is not to be used as your weapon to kill off your brothers and justify yourselves. Unfortunately, the carnal/religious man does this on a regular basis. If you don't see that, what can I do?

Heartsong

Old 02-16-2011, 09:09 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
The problem is not with reading or quoting the bible. The problem is reading and quoting the bible as a means to slay others and justify yourselves. The bible is not to be used as your weapon to kill off your brothers and justify yourselves. Unfortunately, the carnal/religious man does this on a regular basis. If you don't see that, what can I do?

Heartsong
Preach it.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:23 AM

All of us want to "speak for God."
The important thing is to remember that we can make mistakes.

Problems arise when we are so convinced that God is speaking through us, that we can't hear His Voice in others. Then we are in "spiritual pride." - And no one is immune to it!

Blessings,
brian

Old 02-16-2011, 10:02 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
The problem is not with reading or quoting the bible

True the scriptures are not the issue, it's the spirit in which they are interpreted and applied not only in our lives, but also to those we converse with.

Our focus should be on the one on whom the scriptures testify and all that He(Jesus) is by nature and character, and in this way we not only establish and root ourselves in His love(Eph 3:17), we also grow in his grace too.

To focus on sin,death and the condemnation of all that difer in their view of the bible to you, whether that be an unbeliever or believer,will never in a millions years cause you to grow in the very thing we are rooted and established in, and will also never in a million years have any effect for good towards yourself and all those you speak to of such stuff( Eph 3:17).

For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 1 Corinthians 13:12.

Do you want to know how you are fully known by God ?, stop seeing yourselves how you think God is seeing you, to how he really see's us.

How much you believe God loves your neighbor, is how much you believe God loves you.

You and the world are loved of God . For God so loved the world

"I have loved you with an age during love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.Jer 31:3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity