Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 03:00 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,308 times

Advertisements

Dear brothers and sisters,

Right now we really need to be in prayer for those whom God is calling and planting His Word in thier hearts. We need to be "workers" of the harvest and help as much as we can by speaking the truth and declaring the truth of the Word of God. Right now the Holy Spirit is tugging on many people's hearts and trying to get them to read His Word and pray to Him. It is Satan's plan to snatch that Word away from them as quickly as he can so nothing grows. Our job is most importantly to pray for them. Will you join me in prayer brothers and sisters? Let us pray for this Christianity forum and for God to have his way. The scriptures say that the angels rejoice over even one single sinner who repents.

Will you agree with me in prayer for them? We may not know who were praying for but God does. We need to bless this forum, is all I'm saying. It is Satan's plan to attack as much as possible and spread as much of his lies that he can. We need to just pray and allow the Holy Spirit to have His way within us. We need to love each other and stand on the Word of God!!! Put aside your irreconcilable issues of theology as much as you can and let God use you right now. Will you pray for this forum daily?

Just an idea. I will be praying everymorning for this forum at exactly 7am MST, and also 9pm MST. Will you agree with me in prayer? And if so, what shall we agree upon?

This could be good.

My request is for God to flood this forum with more of His children! Pray with me please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 03:09 PM

63,827 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Dear brothers and sisters,

Right now we really need to be in prayer for those whom God is calling and planting His Word in thier hearts. We need to be "workers" of the harvest and help as much as we can by speaking the truth and declaring the truth of the Word of God. Right now the Holy Spirit is tugging on many people's hearts and trying to get them to read His Word and pray to Him. It is Satan's plan to snatch that Word away from them as quickly as he can so nothing grows. Our job is most importantly to pray for them. Will you join me in prayer brothers and sisters? Let us pray for this Christianity forum and for God to have his way. The scriptures say that the angels rejoice over even one single sinner who repents.

Will you agree with me in prayer for them? We may not know who were praying for but God does. We need to bless this forum, is all I'm saying. It is Satan's plan to attack as much as possible and spread as much of his lies that he can. We need to just pray and allow the Holy Spirit to have His way within us. We need to love each other and stand on the Word of God!!! Put aside your irreconcilable issues of theology as much as you can and let God use you right now. Will you pray for this forum daily?

Just an idea. I will be praying everymorning for this forum at exactly 7am MST, and also 9pm MST. Will you agree with me in prayer? And if so, what shall we agree upon?

This could be good.

My request is for God to flood this forum with more of His children! Pray with me please.
We should agree upon only what Christ asked us to agree on . . ."love God and each other." Discard all the "precepts and doctrines of men" . . . and all negativity and fear. No talk of anger, vengeance, fear, jealousy, lust, greed . . . or any of the negative human emotions that are not of God and could never be of God. Our souls can never be in tune with God if we have ANY of those negative non-love emotions in us.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:55 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,277,185 times
My prayer is for each participant on this forum to be totally open and honest with themselves when they study God's word. I pray that God help them to know His will for them. Jesus said, "If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
My prayer is for each participant on this forum to be totally open and honest with themselves when they study God's word. I pray that God help them to know His will for them. Jesus said, "If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Thanks Katie! Let's continue to pray for everyone.

Satan really came at me yesterday evening and I really could use some prayer myself. Please pray for me Katie. I allowed Satan to anger me and I spoke very foolishly.

Our anger can never make things right in God's sight.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Thanks Katie! Let's continue to pray for everyone.

Satan really came at me yesterday evening and I really could use some prayer myself. Please pray for me Katie. I allowed Satan to anger me and I spoke very foolishly.

Our anger can never make things right in God's sight.
Anger is my greatest weakness. I know exactly what you are saying. I sometimes say things out of anger and then I so regret it later. So let us pray for one another that God helps us to control our tongues and push the anger away. Thank you for your post. It really helped me to put things that are going on in my life into perspective.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:55 PM

624 posts, read 1,072,318 times
well, after studying the Bible and even preaching it, I'm now beginning to understand it differently.

What is confusing to me, is why the Christendom, since the very beginning, held the view that forgiveness of sins was impossible after a certain point.

And, these were the Church Fathers who had contact with the Apostles themselves...

Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol. I
Quote:
We ought not, therefore, as that presbyter remarks, to be puffed up, nor be severe upon those of old time, but ought ourselves to fear, lest perchance, after [we have come to] the knowledge of Christ, if we do things displeasing to God, we obtain no further forgiveness of sins, but be shut out from His kingdom
I mean, what would you do differently if you were one of those who were shut off from God's kingdom?

Unfortunately, Heb. 10 could be interpreted that a single sin could make us unworthy to enter the Kingdom.

Heb. 10:26 For if we deliberately keep on sinning after receiving the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins is left for us, 10:27 but only a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a fury of fire that will consume God’s enemies. 10:28 Someone who rejected the law of Moses was put to death without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 10:29 How much greater punishment do you think that person deserves who has contempt for the Son of God, and profanes the blood of the covenant that made him holy, and insults the Spirit of grace? 10:30 For we know the one who said, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 10:31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:58 PM

624 posts, read 1,072,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Anger is my greatest weakness. I know exactly what you are saying. I sometimes say things out of anger and then I so regret it later. So let us pray for one another that God helps us to control our tongues and push the anger away. Thank you for your post. It really helped me to put things that are going on in my life into perspective.
My anger is/was a sign of fear. When I did not know how to defend my view and being scared that I could be wrong (in which case, my whole theology makes little sense), I would vocally shout down my 'opponents'.

Now, after reconsidering many of my long held beliefs, I find a sense of peace. I can tolerate other opinions better. And even enjoy reading and hearing them.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:12 AM

Still praying!

Old 02-14-2011, 10:14 AM

How did your church visit go O-Ducky? Wasn't it you who was going to visit the Calvary Chapel? Did it meet your expectations?

Old 02-14-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
My anger is/was a sign of fear. When I did not know how to defend my view and being scared that I could be wrong (in which case, my whole theology makes little sense), I would vocally shout down my 'opponents'.

Now, after reconsidering many of my long held beliefs, I find a sense of peace. I can tolerate other opinions better. And even enjoy reading and hearing them.
Hi Big V - My anger usually occurs when I have to deal with ignorant people. I mean ignorant in the sense that they see no one around them. It's all about them. Do you know what I mean? For example, my hubby and I went to a parade. We got there extra early so we could get a good spot. Then some people show up right at parade time and stand right in front of us. This is when I get angry. It's things like this that send me over the edge and I say things I reget later. I'm working on it though. I'm better than I use to be but still not completely there yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity