Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:41 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times

Advertisements

It is written that the world will be as the time of the flood just before Christ return and remember only 8 people survived that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 07:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Since America appears to be a sheep nation because it is good to Israel, it may not be completely destroyed. But, remember the judgment of Sodom and Gomorrah, cities that gave themselves over to foreign flesh.
Please clarify the foreign flesh comment, as it might not be what you think?

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom; pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen
the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abominations before me. Therefore, I took them away as I saw good. (Ezekiel 16.49-50)

Pridefulness is a lofty and arrogant assumption of superiority.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:16 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
It is written that the world will be as the time of the flood just before Christ return and remember only 8 people survived that one.
I had made a posts about that but I decided to leave it alone. I was going to say the EXACT same thing. We already know we are in the last days. The Bible says that in these days, before Jesus returns for the bride (the church), the world would be as in the days of Noah and as in the days of Lot. We have to concur that gay marriages were happening then as well as now. Especially in Sodom & Gomorrah where morality ceased to exist. So there's not much time left. Jesus could return any day now and I just hope everyone is ready. I would advise every believer here to be careful what you support. God says he is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Christians should not be worldly or entertain worldly ideas and notions that stray from biblical law just because the world has new ideas and attitudes towards alternative lifestyles. I believe we should strive to be like Jesus and accept people for who they are. But I don't believe we should tolerate sin and parade it in front of our children's eyes. And we DEFINITELY should not be changing holy institutions God ordained for man and women to suit minority groups and their beliefs. I'm wondering if there is anything sacred anymore?

Old 02-24-2011, 09:34 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I had made a posts about that but I decided to leave it alone. I was going to say the EXACT same thing. We already know we are in the last days. The Bible says that in these days, before Jesus returns for the bride (the church), the world would be as in the days of Noah and as in the days of Lot. We have to concur that gay marriages were happening then as well as now. Especially in Sodom & Gomorrah where morality ceased to exist. So there's not much time left. Jesus could return any day now and I just hope everyone is ready. I would advise every believer here to be careful what you support. God says he is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Christians should not be worldly or entertain worldly ideas and notions that stray from biblical law just because the world has new ideas and attitudes towards alternative lifestyles. I believe we should strive to be like Jesus and accept people for who they are. But I don't believe we should tolerate sin and parade it in front of our children's eyes. And we DEFINITELY should not be changing holy institutions God ordained for man and women to suit minority groups and their beliefs. I'm wondering if there is anything sacred anymore?
Churches are free to embrace or oppose gay marriage. Marriage equality is about citizens of this country having equal rights. People want gay marriage so that they can get the same benefits, rights and privileges as straight couples. This isn't about the church. If a church doesn't want to perform or condone gay marriages - that is fine. But gay couples should have the same rights - as in visitation rights in the hospital, tax breaks, etc. as straight couples. It's about the government - not religion.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Stupidity is destroying the country.
I offer this thread as evidence.
"A lifetime of cleverness can be interrupted with moments of stupidity."

Old 02-24-2011, 11:05 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Growing up I was taught that homosexuality was the ultimate sin against God and He would completely and totally destroy America if this country were to ever legalize it. The rational part of me says thats hogwash and the liberal Christian part of me says God is love and we are under the age of Grace and not the age of wrath. However, there is a part of me that, having heard the message of fire and brimstone every Sunday for 22 years, is a bit fearful of it happening. I look at things like the collapsing economy and skyrocketing oil prices and wonder if that may be punishment from God (Things spiraled out of control after California legalized gay marriage in Summer of 2008 but became relatively placid after Prop 8 passed until now when things are collapsing once again). I wonder if $100 oil and the crashing stock market has anything to do with Obama's DOMA policy? Does God still punish nations as in the Old Testament or does he deal more on an individual level in this age?

ALL sin separates us from God. Modern ministry has made the big "push" to pick and choose which sins to promote as the "worst".

Why not more focus on the sin of breaking the first commandment, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart" or "honoring thy mother and father".

But no, we as a society are so fixated on the sins of sexual immorality (and they are sins, don't get me wrong) that we don't spend enough time trying to cleanse our hearts and minds from all the other sinning we're doing.

I don't believe God punishes nations anymore. That's OT and with Jesus, we all have a personal relationship with God for which we will be judged or rewarded. That said, when the majority of a country is not Christian and not trying to follow God's path....bad things are going to happen. Greed takes over our hearts & makes individuals, states, corporations, etc make poor financial decisions instead of being good stewards of our riches. And on and on.

I think making gay marriage legal is more a sign of our morally depraved times & leaders than anything else. And I think it does make God sad.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:37 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,225,500 times
While I do not believe in same sex marriage, I do not believe God is going to destroy the entire country because some states have legalized it. Stop listening to that incest infested Westboro Baptist Church they thrive on publicity.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:36 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Will God destroy America for legalizing same sex marriage?

Why would God destroy America for anything?

Have you not read 2 Corinthians 5:19 . . .
God is at peace with the world and is not reckoning their offenses against them.

God wants the world to be at peace with Him and we, His ambassadors are to tell everyone to drop their enmity to God and be at peace with Him because He has, for 2000 years, been at peace with the world, not reckoning their offenses to them.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:38 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
I think God is more upset by the murders of unborn children.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:52 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You make a very good point but look at today, our technology, sexual immorality, murder on a record scale and being justified as a personal preferance and much more. Imagine the world before the flood being very similar to today and as with today everything is upside down. Yes I believe the Lord could come at any second and I also believe the world can get alot worse. Imagine having worldwide eathquakes on a daily basis, world wide hurricanes on a daily basis, every person distrusting ever other person world wide on a daily basis, starvation worldwide on a daily basis, it is all happening and getting worse on a daily basis and the idiots of this world are profiting off of such things and claiming they can save the world, ALL LIES like global warming, evolution, atheisim. And many deny the facts of the Bible and like their ears to be tickled, Moderator cut: delete.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-25-2011 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: Lets nor take this thread into politics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity