Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 03:43 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,040 times

Advertisements

If so where?.........if not what was the message?......world Peace?......I think the message among others is learn to care, learn to get along, Foster good will. But not to the exclusion of the rest of the messages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 04:18 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,012,828 times
In a prophecy to Isaiah 53: 12 some six hundred years before Jesus was born in the earth The Lord God spoke about Jesus to come and told about the death that he would have to bare and the gift of redemption that will come from and in that scripture the Lord God unites himself to Jesus ......`` There will I divide him a portion with the great , and he shall divide the spoil with the strong , because he has poured out his soul unto death, and he was numbered with the transgressors and he bare the sin of many ``.....Jesus is The Lord God answer for the Believer of the earth, for the Lord God is not of the earth , and all who turns to Jesus will live forever as Children of The Lord God

Old 03-04-2011, 04:34 PM

488 posts, read 1,251,348 times
Yes, Jesus Christ is over all, God blessed forever!

e.g : Romans 9:5

Old 03-04-2011, 04:41 PM

Default so are you sayiny that God was telling Isaiah .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In a prophecy to Isaiah 53: 12 some six hundred years before Jesus was born in the earth The Lord God spoke about Jesus to come and told about the death that he would have to bare and the gift of redemption that will come from and in that scripture the Lord God unites himself to Jesus ......`` There will I divide him a portion with the great , and he shall divide the spoil with the strong , because he has poured out his soul unto death, and he was numbered with the transgressors and he bare the sin of many ``.....Jesus is The Lord God answer for the Believer of the earth, for the Lord God is not of the earth , and all who turns to Jesus will live forever as Children of The Lord God
................God sent Himself in the form of His Son, Jesus.......this is a little otherworldly...........John wrote that Jesus was with God at the beginning and through and by Him all things were made and nothing was made that was not made by him.......Jesus somehow was part of creation, in fact the Creator.?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:06 PM

Default I have thought how is this possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
Yes, Jesus Christ is over all, God blessed forever!

e.g : Romans 9:5
......There are many things I do not understand but there are conclusions I can reach. Ice can become water or steam but it remains water just in a different form. So I believe and yet doubt that I understand everything.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:30 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,964,142 times
Yes, sort of . . .

Heb 1:9 Thou lovest righteousness and hatest injustice; Therefore Thou art anointed by God, Thy God, with the oil of exultation beyond Thy partners."

Jesus has a God.

He told His disciples "He is ascending to His God and their God." So Jesus was saying He is not their God but that their God was in heaven which was where He was headed after resurection.

And yet God said about His Son this:

Heb 1:8 Yet to the Son: "Thy throne, O God, is for the eon of the eon, And a scepter of rectitude is the scepter of Thy kingdom."

So, the question to ask is: What is meant by the term "God"? It means "Subjector" or "Placer."

Jesus is a "Theos" (Greek for God). He is a Subjector. God is subjecting all mankind to His Son. So His Son is a Subjector.

God told Moses He was a Theos to Pharaoh and Aaron was to be his prophet.
So Moses was the subjector of Pharaoh.

God told the Jews that they were theos or Gods. The judges and rulers of Israel were subjecting the people to the law and to God.

So Jesus has a God.
The disciples have a God who is the God of Christ.

Paul wrote:

1Co 8:5-7 For even if so be that there are those being termed gods,
whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many
lords, (6) nevertheless for us there is one God, the Father, out of Whom
all is, and we for Him, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through Whom all is, and
we through Him." (7) But not in all is there this knowledge.

So the Father is God Who is the source of all.
And one Lord, Jesus Christ.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:41 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,733 times
Is He not called the Alpha and Omega?

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God.

Rev 1:10-13 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send [it] unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the midst of the seven candlesticks [one] like unto the Son of man [Christ], clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days [God] did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.

Rev 1:14 His [Christ - the son of man] head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire;

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, [one] like the Son of man [Christ] came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days [God], and they brought him near before him.

Christ is the revelation of God to us. He is God, in the flesh.

Let's keep it simple.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:05 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yes, sort of . . .

Heb 1:9 Thou lovest righteousness and hatest injustice; Therefore Thou art anointed by God, Thy God, with the oil of exultation beyond Thy partners."

Jesus has a God.

He told His disciples "He is ascending to His God and their God." So Jesus was saying He is not their God but that their God was in heaven which was where He was headed after resurection.

Heb 1:8 Yet to the Son: "Thy throne, O God, is for the eon of the eon, And a scepter of rectitude is the scepter of Thy kingdom."

So, the question to ask is: What is meant by the term "God"? It means "Subjector" or "Placer."

Jesus is a "Theos" (Greek for God). He is a Subjector. God is subjecting all mankind to His Son. So His Son is a Subjector.

God told Moses He was a Theos to Pharaoh and Aaron was to be his prophet.
So Moses was the subjector of Pharaoh.

God told the Jews that they were theos or Gods. The judges and rulers of Israel were subjecting the people to the law and to God.

So Jesus has a God.
The disciples have a God who is the God of Christ.

Paul wrote:

1Co 8:5-7 For even if so be that there are those being termed gods,
whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many
lords, (6) nevertheless for us there is one God, the Father, out of Whom
all is, and we for Him, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through Whom all is, and
we through Him." (7) But not in all is there this knowledge.

So the Father is God Who is the source of all.
And one Lord, Jesus Christ.
Quote:

So Jesus has a God, and God has a God too, Jesus. Maybe God worships Jesus the way parents worship their children.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:09 PM

Like Paul said:
But not in all is there this knowledge

The Bible does not call Jesus "God in the flesh." Please stick with the Scriptures.

While Jesus was on the earth God was in heaven. Yes, God did miracles through Jesus. But while Jesus was in heaven He taught His disciples to pray that their Father was in heaven. God spoke from above, in heaven saying "This is my Son in Whom I am well pleased" when Jesus was on the earth.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
So Jesus has a God, and God has a God too, Jesus. Maybe God worships Jesus the way parents worship their children.
Cute, LOL, but not what the Bible says. The bible does not say that God has a God. There is only one God, the Father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity