Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 02:40 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I would welcome if the ETers ignored all the Universalist threads. But they apparently can't do it. That is because for the ETer, belief in eternal hell is central to their faith. They can't imagine salvation having any value unless they are being saved from a literal torture fire pit. That is clearly the only thing that motivates every religious thought and act they engage in. That is, naturally the way terror works on a person - makes them obsessed with escape. It is a diabolical teaching and the reason we share the truth is because God's love gives us the desire to see people set free from the snare of Satan's bondage. Those who believe we are or can be separated from the love of God are not free.

well said heartsong

Old 04-05-2011, 03:29 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No that's not what I'm saying and you know it.

Stop this nonsense of back door accusations of God being unjust for holding unbelief eternally accountable.
The last time I checked, a score of .5% to 99.5% means the one with .5% loses, and the one with 99.5% is the winner.

What if someone told you that you had to believe in the Easter bunny to be saved? Could you do it? Could you even consider it? I didn't realize until recently that people CANNOT choose what to believe. It just is what it is. God illuminates our hearts in his own time. When we truly believe, it's because we believe with our hearts, not because we made a rational choice. Just like you CAN'T decide all of a sudden to believe in the Easter bunny, some can't decide to believe in Jesus. But they will when the Holy Spirit quickens their hearts. But, if it's true about the Easter bunny, then you are eternally accountable. Right?

Old 04-05-2011, 04:34 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I would welcome if the ETers ignored all the Universalist threads. But they apparently can't do it. That is because for the ETer, belief in eternal hell is central to their faith. They can't imagine salvation having any value unless they are being saved from a literal torture fire pit. That is clearly the only thing that motivates every religious thought and act they engage in. That is, naturally the way terror works on a person - makes them obsessed with escape. It is a diabolical teaching and the reason we share the truth is because God's love gives us the desire to see people set free from the snare of Satan's bondage. Those who believe we are or can be separated from the love of God are not free.
There is a modern description to this doctrine of hell..."EXTORTION."

Old 04-05-2011, 06:02 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So what are you saying?.Please tell me why you believe you are one of the .5% that is not going to be damned ?. What did you do that billions of christians through the ages didn't do?

By the way i don't know it you were either found or you found yourself , what is back door about this, it's up front and straight to the point. Which one is it ?.

Infact there is nothing on this link Hypocrisy that does not describe how contradictory the things are that you believe in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
´

and yet you could be a murderer all your life then simply beleive in the last few days of your life and be saved,when their are real good people out there that just dont beleive for many reasons like being born into different cultures or just simply rejecting a fear based philosophy,but yet God who according to the fundies seems to be incapable of showing ,care,commpassion,tolerance,patientce,understandin g and Love to those who just dont beleive in Him will make them suffer for eternity,that vision of God is worse than satan BTW,if any man was goin to torture people endlessly you would call them pure evil,but what is it when God does it?????justice!!!!!!

yiz havnt got a clue and i think yiz will be in for some shock if ya's think you's have gained the eternal spiritual dimension just for beleiving in a particular interpretation of a book.IMO you need to loojk alot deeper and stop pretending that you know God an His Will and spreading lies about Him and His nature.its so sad yet so silly to see people beleiving that God has set up life for His kids to fail and become eternally tormented,He knew from the start,......now let me ask you if you knew that your child was going to do something that would put them into an eternity of hell,would you let them do it,we are not talkin a lifetime or two of struggle and strife,but an eternity,which is worse than what hitler could have ever done......

''you can fool some people sometimes,but you cant fool all the people all the time''
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Originally Posted by twin.spin

Isn't that mind boggling? I guess as long as your own hide is saved...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
The last time I checked, a score of .5% to 99.5% means the one with .5% loses, and the one with 99.5% is the winner.

What if someone told you that you had to believe in the Easter bunny to be saved? Could you do it? Could you even consider it? I didn't realize until recently that people CANNOT choose what to believe. It just is what it is. God illuminates our hearts in his own time. When we truly believe, it's because we believe with our hearts, not because we made a rational choice. Just like you CAN'T decide all of a sudden to believe in the Easter bunny, some can't decide to believe in Jesus. But they will when the Holy Spirit quickens their hearts. But, if it's true about the Easter bunny, then you are eternally accountable. Right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
There is a modern description to this doctrine of hell..."EXTORTION."
You know when a nerve has been struck.....just can't hide the "love" anymore, ..........can "yiz", dobeable.

"Yiz" sound like a bunch of spoiled kids that realized you ain't getting your way....Jesus is going to fullfill God's will for those reject him and say:
Matthew 7:23
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ ............

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” Matthew 25:46

I know it pcamps because Jesus tells it ...p l a i n l y.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-05-2011 at 06:29 PM..

Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You know when a nerve has been struck.....just can't hide the "love" anymore, ..........can "yiz", dobeable.

"Yiz" sound like a bunch of spoiled kids that realized you ain't getting your way....Jesus is going to fullfill God's will for those reject him and say:
Matthew 7:23
Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ ............

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” Matthew 25:46

I know it pcamps because Jesus tells it ...p l a i n l y.
Like it or not UR's ARE CHRISTIAN. We believe in and follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and that is all that is required to be a ChristianModerator cut: edit How can you be so blind?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-05-2011 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: personal names and comments removed

Old 04-05-2011, 07:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
You still have not answered the question Twin Spin. Did you find Jesus, or did he find you ?, it's not a trick question. And a short explaination on where you found him would be nice too.

I know where he found me ,i also know where he found Saul, i know where he finds all the lost, so i'm a little curious how you was able to find him,when the rest of us who were dead in sin and trespasses were found by him .

Old 04-05-2011, 07:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Well, it looks like the uni's proved the OP to be 100% accurate.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:11 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is one of the very few Christian forums where they are allowed to post. Most Christian 'Bible study' sites ban atheist, universalist, and other alternate views, and I think it is simply because of the distraction it causes.
CHRISTIAN Universalists . . . get the name right, Finn. How can you be proud of such discrimination and persecution of the followers of Christ because they reject the ancient satanic ignorance YOU believe.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:13 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, it looks like the uni's proved the OP to be 100% accurate.
No, Finn . . . the anti-Christs have denounced the Gospel of Jesus Christ in favor of the ancient Jehovah's wrath and vengeance.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:17 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
It was just several years ago that that the advent of the Christian forum came into existence , before that everything was on the Religious and Philosophy forum that dealt with all religions and atheism combined.So I would say be happy with the present way and try to get along.

Last edited by perry335654; 04-05-2011 at 09:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity