U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-12-2011, 02:14 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,248 posts, read 20,001,723 times
Reputation: 2109

Advertisements

4 months ago i lost my wallet it had credit cards and my drivers license in it,but far more important stuff too. After turning the house upside down and not finding it,i believed i must have lost it outside the store i was in the night before,i called the store to see if it had been handed in by some good hearted citizen,but it hadn't.

After almost giving up in my mind, the Lord told me there is nothing that cannot be found,don't think how your wallet will be found,just believe it is.

Today as i woke up, for no reason i thinking the wallet is in the house. Mid morning my wife asked me what is today's date ?, i told her the 12th and that i have always loved the 12th of every month, i said maybe because your birthday is on the 12th, then i said, then again i loved the 12th of every month before i knew you, it's always been a special day of the month for me(no idea why).Anyway by early afternoon i remembered what i woke up thinking about, i decided to look in the winter coat i was wearing the night i went to the store, it wasn't there,hang on i'm getting there,i grabbed a torch shone it under the bed and there it was, i was singing and rejoicing, i shouted out to the wife kill the fatted calf, she was like what ? i shouted back my wallet that was lost is found, . If God so cares for my wallet how much does he for he his creation He loves.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-12-2011 at 02:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-12-2011, 02:51 PM
 
55 posts, read 53,198 times
Reputation: 33
Yay! God helped you find your wallet. Now, about those starving/dying kids in Africa.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 03:17 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,248 posts, read 20,001,723 times
Reputation: 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamuchadnezzar View Post
Yay! God helped you find your wallet. Now, about those starving/dying kids in Africa.....
Athiest ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 03:21 PM
 
55 posts, read 53,198 times
Reputation: 33
Do I have really haveto be an atheist for you to see the selfishness in you post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 03:30 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,442,202 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamuchadnezzar View Post
Do I have really haveto be an atheist for you to see the selfishness in you post?
God has already done everything He could possibly do to save those people in Africa by giving His only begotten Son for them.

Now as to experiencing evil in this world, God told Adam not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good AND EVIL. He did. And that is why we are still learning today about evil through starvation.

By the way, do you know how many millions of tons of food we have given to the African people? And still you think God does not care for them? Gheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 03:31 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,248 posts, read 20,001,723 times
Reputation: 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamuchadnezzar View Post
Do I have really haveto be an atheist for you to see the selfishness in you post?
Selfish to believe God is concerned about me ? . Yea i guess i'm selfish . I guess you have no concern about what is important to your own kids if you have any ?

I might as well put my head on the block and get the ridicule over and done with from you . I'm the bees knees to God,i'm the apple of his eye,i'm loved and adored by him,there's not an area in my life he's not concerned about,i'm just stupid enough to believe it. They're you go mate fire away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Oh yeah He just can't help loving me too. He his continually blessing my socks off.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-12-2011 at 03:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 04:14 PM
 
55 posts, read 53,198 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
God has already done everything He could possibly do to save those people in Africa by giving His only begotten Son for them.

Now as to experiencing evil in this world, God told Adam not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good AND EVIL. He did. And that is why we are still learning today about evil through starvation.

By the way, do you know how many millions of tons of food we have given to the African people? And still you think God does not care for them? Gheesh!
The omnipotent God, who can do anything, has done everything he could possibly do to save those less fortunate people in Africa. Sending "his only begotten son" was his best option? Seriously?

Why can't God just bend the laws of reality in his favor to save those children? When you say that your god can do "anything", you should really consider ALL that that entails...Actually, you can't. None of us can, because we are human. EVERYTHING that God can do is unfathomable....

I don't consider a god who is constrained by a set of laws which work against his emotions or best wishes (for example "OH!God doesn't want you to go to hell, but it HAS to let it happen because you ____.") to be omnipotent as the Bible proclaims.

Before I go off on a rant, I'll just paraphrase: if Jesus is God's only way of saving his creation from the evil which he created....then something is wrong.




Also, I'd think God would be smart enough to know that a lot of that food is seized by dictators. Or that food in this case only keeps them alive so that they can die in another gruesome way....either it be in one of their civil wars or genocides. Food itself won't solve all the problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 01:09 AM
 
1,492 posts, read 2,224,644 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
4 months ago i lost my wallet it had credit cards and my drivers license in it,but far more important stuff too. After turning the house upside down and not finding it,i believed i must have lost it outside the store i was in the night before,i called the store to see if it had been handed in by some good hearted citizen,but it hadn't.

After almost giving up in my mind, the Lord told me there is nothing that cannot be found,don't think how your wallet will be found,just believe it is.

Today as i woke up, for no reason i thinking the wallet is in the house. Mid morning my wife asked me what is today's date ?, i told her the 12th and that i have always loved the 12th of every month, i said maybe because your birthday is on the 12th, then i said, then again i loved the 12th of every month before i knew you, it's always been a special day of the month for me(no idea why).Anyway by early afternoon i remembered what i woke up thinking about, i decided to look in the winter coat i was wearing the night i went to the store, it wasn't there,hang on i'm getting there,i grabbed a torch shone it under the bed and there it was, i was singing and rejoicing, i shouted out to the wife kill the fatted calf, she was like what ? i shouted back my wallet that was lost is found, . If God so cares for my wallet how much does he for he his creation He loves.
glad you found it it's always a pitb to lose something like that. (my bday is on the 12th as well (yesterday) )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 02:28 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,573,971 times
Reputation: 1584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamuchadnezzar View Post
The omnipotent God, who can do anything, has done everything he could possibly do to save those less fortunate people in Africa. Sending "his only begotten son" was his best option? Seriously?

Why can't God just bend the laws of reality in his favor to save those children? When you say that your god can do "anything", you should really consider ALL that that entails...Actually, you can't. None of us can, because we are human. EVERYTHING that God can do is unfathomable....

I don't consider a god who is constrained by a set of laws which work against his emotions or best wishes (for example "OH!God doesn't want you to go to hell, but it HAS to let it happen because you ____.") to be omnipotent as the Bible proclaims.

Before I go off on a rant, I'll just paraphrase: if Jesus is God's only way of saving his creation from the evil which he created....then something is wrong.


Also, I'd think God would be smart enough to know that a lot of that food is seized by dictators. Or that food in this case only keeps them alive so that they can die in another gruesome way....either it be in one of their civil wars or genocides. Food itself won't solve all the problems.
I understand your dilemma with evil and suffering. So then you are saying because there is evil and suffering and death, that proves there is no God? For me, the idea that "there is no God" but there must be suffering and death with no purpose is much worse than believing that death and suffering have a purpose and that God had to allow the negative to manifest/demonstrate the good. But I do understand your struggle with these things - I really do. It's hard to accept that an all-loving being does not stop all our suffering. That is why faith is not exactly "easy" - it is a battle which Apostle Paul called "the Good Fight". Well, I just wanted to share these things because I do grieve a lot over the suffering of humanity and those who teach ET rub salt into an already grievous wound that death has brought into the human family.

Blessings -
Heartsong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 04:35 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,248 posts, read 20,001,723 times
Reputation: 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
glad you found it it's always a pitb to lose something like that. (my bday is on the 12th as well (yesterday) )
Belated Happy Birthday . Did you have a party ?

I know the bloke with the long name that is hard to pronounce had a problem with my selfishness in believing God cared about my wallet,but if the very hairs on my head are numbered,i have no problem believing a wallet would be a problem for him to help me find. The amazing thing about finding it yesterday was after initially losing it i spent no end of time looking for it,yesterday after i believe the Lord spoke to me about it being in the house, i found it literaly within 2 minutes of looking for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top