Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 11:18 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,335,793 times

Advertisements

Not so Twin Spin. In Mathews Gospel which you point out never says the universe is going to be destroyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 11:30 AM

7,747 posts, read 12,692,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
In re Allenk & Ilene, I wonder if our earthly desires will still be extant when we switch dimensions. in other words, what we treasure here on earth i.e. travel, delighting in seeing new things and places, tasting new foods and drinks, hearing new sounds, etc.--these are things that delight the five senses---things which I would guess go extinct after death and the new birth. I'd be nice to still possess them to a degree, but I wonder if our desires will turn wholly to the Lord and how we may please Him.

But I speculate that since He wastes nothing in His vast creation, my guess is that the galaxies will all become paradises to be governed by each of us. Perhaps when Jesus says, "In My Father's house are many mansions," maybe God's house is the universe since God inhabits every square inch of it. So we each get a galaxy upon which to build the biggest, baddest mansion in the universe.

But there go those earthly senses, again!
OMG you have no idea. If you ever read accounts of Hell, every single account tells you how your five senses are heightened!! Because the spirit or soul inside of us is made perfect by God. Therefore, when your soul leaves your body, you are made perfect. You can see perfectly, hear perfectly, look perfectly (old people are young again and yada yada yada). But your soul gravitates to where it belongs based off your heart acceptance of Jesus Christ. So you go wherever you go. I read several accounts of Heaven and they all confirm the same thing. All senses being heightened! I recently read a book called "Revealing Heaven" by Kat Karr and vol.2 of her book. All the things you enjoy on Earth DON'T STOP!!!!! You can read books at the libraries in Heaven, travel to new places in Heaven by the golden streets or fly or just think of being there and you are there! There are cruise ships in Heaven, roller coasters, record stores, movies, various forms of aviation, and let me tell you about FOOD!! She said there are ALL KINDS restaurants in Heaven and food taste and smell better in Heaven than they ever were on Earth!! And they are bigger than on Earth!! There are pizza slices that are single table sized!!! And you don't get fat!! All food in Heaven taste better because it's not made of animals but of light!! Basically, in a nutshell, everything on Earth that we love and enjoy, is a SHADOW of what's in Heaven magnified by 1,000X!!!!!!!!! Yes!!! God truly and REALLY has all this prepared for us in Heaven!!! So think of all the good CLEAN (because there are no grostesque or unclean things in Heaven) fun things that humans enjoy on Earth. That's what's in Heaven already!! I always loved thinking about visiting a remote tropical island. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to places like Fiji or Caymen Islands. I already know that something similar and GREATER is in Heaven and I can go there one day and stay as long as I wish!!!! I'm going to email you the link to the book and vol.2!! You HAVE to read it!!! It's amazing and confirms the Lord when he said he would give us the desires of our hearts!!

Old 05-16-2011, 04:26 PM

339 posts, read 836,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
maybe we'll all have a whole planet,or more,all to ourselves.

I like that idea, and who knows it could be. My planet would be full of cats.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:56 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,458,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Matthew 27:51
And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split.
Amen Jerwade...to the ancient Jew, the covenants of God with his people are the very “cosmos†of their existence and meaning. So important covenantal events are described in cosmic terms, and the purpose of creation language is theological not natural or “scientific.â€......The Hebrew for “Heavens and earth†has long been accepted as a merism of the ordered cosmos. Whereas the modern scientific mind conceives of “cosmos†as a physical system of materials and their properties, the ancient Near Eastern mind of the Hebrew conceived of “cosmos†as the covenantal order of God. Everything had its place and purpose in God’s plan for His people in their land. The idea of the earth as a spherical globe and the heavens as a vast expanse of light years was alien to their thinking. As noted expert on biblical apocalyptics, Milton Terry wrote, “in these opening chapters of Genesis we are not to look for historic narrative, nor contributions to natural science, but to recognize a symbolic apocalypse of God’s relation to the world and to man...."

Old 05-16-2011, 07:48 PM

18,262 posts, read 17,046,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
OMG you have no idea. If you ever read accounts of Hell, every single account tells you how your five senses are heightened!! Because the spirit or soul inside of us is made perfect by God. Therefore, when your soul leaves your body, you are made perfect. You can see perfectly, hear perfectly, look perfectly (old people are young again and yada yada yada). But your soul gravitates to where it belongs based off your heart acceptance of Jesus Christ. So you go wherever you go. I read several accounts of Heaven and they all confirm the same thing. All senses being heightened! I recently read a book called "Revealing Heaven" by Kat Karr and vol.2 of her book. All the things you enjoy on Earth DON'T STOP!!!!! You can read books at the libraries in Heaven, travel to new places in Heaven by the golden streets or fly or just think of being there and you are there! There are cruise ships in Heaven, roller coasters, record stores, movies, various forms of aviation, and let me tell you about FOOD!! She said there are ALL KINDS restaurants in Heaven and food taste and smell better in Heaven than they ever were on Earth!! And they are bigger than on Earth!! There are pizza slices that are single table sized!!! And you don't get fat!! All food in Heaven taste better because it's not made of animals but of light!! Basically, in a nutshell, everything on Earth that we love and enjoy, is a SHADOW of what's in Heaven magnified by 1,000X!!!!!!!!! Yes!!! God truly and REALLY has all this prepared for us in Heaven!!! So think of all the good CLEAN (because there are no grostesque or unclean things in Heaven) fun things that humans enjoy on Earth. That's what's in Heaven already!! I always loved thinking about visiting a remote tropical island. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to places like Fiji or Caymen Islands. I already know that something similar and GREATER is in Heaven and I can go there one day and stay as long as I wish!!!! I'm going to email you the link to the book and vol.2!! You HAVE to read it!!! It's amazing and confirms the Lord when he said he would give us the desires of our hearts!!
Okay, here's one for ya: my greatest regret was that we didn't have children. I'd love to have a galaxy-ful of the critters. Now I know Jesus says we won't be marrying in heaven but dig this: one website pointed out that God is going to restore all things to their original state. That means Eden will be as in the pre-fall. Adam and Eve had no marriage contract but were commanded to be fruitful and multiply. And they had glorified bodies of a sort that would have lived forever had they not sinned. Maybe in the new Earth when Eden comes back pristine my wife and I in our new glorified bodies that God can (ahem) fine-tune a little we can play Adam and Eve and .....well...you DID say God will grant us the desires of our heart. (hehe)

PS Can you sleep in heaven? That's seems to be my favorite pasttime nowadays now that i'm getting up there (and I don't mean heaven . )

Old 05-16-2011, 09:20 PM

Hi Thrill, I love your sense of humor...

Old 05-16-2011, 09:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,508,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Adam and Eve had no marriage contract but were commanded to be fruitful and multiply.
Now, that gives marriage a whole new meaning.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:45 PM

I'm bustin a gutt.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,986,593 times
Poor unsuspecting males... who don't realize that in heaven, everything gets switched around and it's the males who give birth. Have fun multiplying.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:14 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,576,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Poor unsuspecting males... who don't realize that in heaven, everything gets switched around and it's the males who give birth. Have fun multiplying.
Now that is how my planet will work! very funny sparrow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity