Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 09:41 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,389,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No disrespect to those who do not believe in free will pnuema, but I think you are right I am wasting my time. It is a deep seated doctrine, that blames God on the one hand, and excuses Him on the other. If you took all the scriptures out of the bible that referred to choice you can still prove that each individual is responsible for their own actions.

Take for instance the commandment to honor our Father and Mother, if we do not honor them, is that God causing us not to honor them in the mind of those who do not believe in free will ?

Just as in the mind of the orthodox Fundamentalsts the bottom falls out of their belief if there is no eternal torment, the mindset is the same in many a universalst if we have free will( in their mind UR does not work if we have free will).
The thing is brother it might be a waste of time for most but God never lets truth fall to the ground unheard. Many read but never enter into discussion, it may be that one of those readers will see and hear.

Ive even had some stunch ET'er pm me and tell me they can't believe they are in agreement with me on this. (Speaking only about the part of God only doing good, not the salvation of all aspect.) But then again I agree more with my ET brethren then I do with my UR brethren on many points. Talk about irony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 09:57 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Thanks for sharing, but it is very hard to read the green writing, pneuma . I believe that God knows all and sees all and even knows who and when individuals will repent. He already knows what the final ending will be, the restoration of all to Himself, but He is working the process out. He knows all things anyway, just like He knew where Adam was, when He asked where he was, when he disobeyed.

It is just like me knowing that a student of mine so well that I know he or she will do what he or she can to have a reward of no homework for a week, for example I already know that this student will have the reward for the good behavior because I know them, yet I inform them of what they need to do and tell them what I will do if they do this. If you do this, then this will happen, and if you don't, then this will happen. I already know what they will choose to do, though. Why do I tell them what they need to do? For their own benefit, so that they will know that good behavior is rewarded. Also God knows that eventually all will be grafted in and be reconciled to Him, so as He says "if one turns from their unbelief, they will be grafted in", He already knows that they will because all Israel will be saved. He is teaching them about having faith in Him. God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-04-2012 at 10:25 PM..

Old 06-04-2012, 10:06 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,903,261 times
I pick C) God is working in man to stop all evil, but the labourers are few

That fall under B. Choosing some path other than stopping a specific evil in it's tracks, which at times God does in the bible.

If I recall... in Florida... the guy kidnapped the small girl... raped her... and buried her alive in his back yard. So in your view... God chose to work in man to stop tha t evil? Well it didn't work.

So my question is. Why didn't God choose a more direct plan?
a) God was powerless to directly stop that evil
b) God had the power to save the girl and chose not to

Which one Scott?

Old 06-04-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Thanks for sharing, but it is very hard to read the green writing, pneuma . I believe that God knows all and sees all and even knows who and when individuals will repent. He already knows what the final ending will be, the restoration of all to Himself, but He is working the process out. He knows all things anyway, just like He knew where Adam was, when He asked where he was, when he disobeyed.

It is just like me knowing that a student of mine so well that I know he or she will do what he or she can to have a reward of no homework for a week, for example I already know that this student will have the reward for the good behavior because I know them, yet I inform them of what they need to do and tell them what I will do if they do this. If you do this, then this will happen, and if you don't, then this will happen. I already know what they will choose to do it though. Why do I tell them what they need to do? For their own benefit, so that they will know that good behavior is rewarded. Also God knows that eventually all will be grafted in and be reconciled to Him, so as He says "if one turns from their unbelief, they will be grafted in", He already knows that they will because all Israel will be saved. He is teaching them about having faith in Him. God bless and peace.
I agree with some of that sis, the final outcome we are in agreement with, it is how God will work it out where our disagreement comes in.

As I have said before sis I have given a different understanding, with the foundation being love, of the same scriptures you use, you can either see it or you cannot.

Let Love be your guide sis, I know you belive you do, but much of what you believe is not based in love.

God bless, hope the pink is a little easier on your eyes

Old 06-04-2012, 10:15 PM

Hi pneuma, it is a lot better, thanks! All that I share is based on love, although you may not be able to see it, pneuma. God is love and love does what is best for the one who is loved. God bless and peace.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Basically sis what Jesus was saying neither this man or his parents sinned was the cause of the man blindness, now stand still and see the salvation of God. And He opened the eyes of the blind man.

Pneuma, I just saw this. I agree with this. I just asked this in reference to what pcamps said about a person being the cause of all that happens in his or her life or world. I disagreed with that. God bless and peace.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:31 PM

Love yanks a child out of the path of an oncoming train, against the child's will, if needed. God bless and peace.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:37 PM

I pick C) God is working in man to stop all evil, but the labourers are few

Quote:
That fall under B. Choosing some path other than stopping a specific evil in it's tracks, which at times God does in the bible.

No it does not fall under B Bob

Quote:
If I recall... in Florida... the guy kidnapped the small girl... raped her... and buried her alive in his back yard. So in your view... God chose to work in man to stop tha t evil? Well it didn't work.

Your not understanding what I have said brother. Only Christ in man can stop all the evil, obviously Christ was NOT in that man. Why? Because so few seek the will of the Father, the labourers are few.

In your view however you believe God planned for and knew that that man would rape and murder the child.

Tell me brother where is the Love of God in that scenario?

Quote:
So my question is. Why didn't God choose a more direct plan?
a) God was powerless to do so?
b) God had the power but chose not to?

Which one Scott?

• Not many seek His will, the labourers are few. Tis as I said Bob, love is NEVER forced, but love is the greatest force ever to be. We are to be ministers of love. More labourers, more love, less evil. God created good to cut down evil brother (although I know you don't agree with that translation), more good, less evil. WE are to be the lights of this world. However if we do not seek His will the light we have stays in darkness, so seek His will and let your light shine and you will see evil stopped in its tracks.

Brother God wants to stop the evil faster, but He is hindered by man because they do not seek His will. Why do you think we are told to pray for more labourers. God wants to send them but man refuses to seek His will.

You blame God for not working faster, yet the blame lies squarely on man for not seeking His will.

So why does evil abound? because of man. The balls in OUR court brother not in Gods, Jesus showed us the way, follow His example.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi pneuma, it is a lot better, thanks! All that I share is based on love, although you may not be able to see it, pneuma. God is love and love does what is best for the one who is loved. God bless and peace.
Sis planning out evil and making man do that evil has NOTHING to do with love.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:40 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,903,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If what I said is a strawman, can those of you who believe in UR believe it is at all possible if we have free will ?.
I did believe in free will and UR as the same time. Sure it's possible that all with free will could believe God some day. It's possible God would convince them one by one.

The reason I stopped believing in free will is because it's not scriptural. God does not fail to stop evil because of free will. This notion is made up. It's not anywhere in scripture. God routinely trounces and stomps on the [free] will of man in scripture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity