Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 10:13 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times

Advertisements

I am interested in hearing what Christians truly believe, based on my life to date. Given the following facts about me, am I destined for hell? I am a 27 year old white male.
  • I am an atheist and don't believe in religion, God or anything supernatural.
  • I am homosexual and have acted upon it numerous times.
  • I was a difficult child and would disrespect my parents, swear at them, etc.
  • I use God's name in vein almost daily.
  • I haven't attended church in 14 years, immediately after I was confirmed.
Now, to put things in perspective, I am a mature man with a good, professional job who never commits crimes and wants the best for society. I have a positive attitude and believe that my own actions affect what will happen in my life. I rarely drink alcohol and never even tried doing drugs. I take great care of myself, eat healthy, exercise and treat others with respect and kindness.

But, if you were to guess, am I going to go to hell? I don't want to hear any responses such as "It's not up to me to decide...that's God's decision on judgment day," etc. I want to hear YOUR opinion.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 10:33 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I am interested in hearing what Christians truly believe, based on my life to date. Given the following facts about me, am I destined for hell? I am a 27 year old white male.
Unfortunately...yes. You don't believe in Jesus Christ and that's all that matters. Everything else you mentioned is just fluff and bother.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:34 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
You are indeed on the road to hell. Unless you are converted in this life, you will lift up your eyes in the torments of hell for eternity.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:38 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You are indeed on the road to hell. Unless you are converted in this life, you will lift up your eyes in the torments of hell for eternity.
LOL. So what about muslims and hindus, etc. They have not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, as most of them were born into the religion with no choice. Are they going to hell too?

Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
  • I am homosexual and have acted upon it numerous times.
  • I was a difficult child and would disrespect my parents, swear at them, etc.
  • I use God's name in vein almost daily.
  • I haven't attended church in 14 years, immediately after I was confirmed.
Now, to put things in perspective, I am a mature man with a good, professional job who never commits crimes and wants the best for society. I have a positive attitude and believe that my own actions affect what will happen in my life. I rarely drink alcohol and never even tried doing drugs. I take great care of myself, eat healthy, exercise and treat others with respect and kindness.

But, if you were to guess, am I going to go to hell? I don't want to hear any responses such as "It's not up to me to decide...that's God's decision on judgment day," etc. I want to hear YOUR opinion.

Thanks!

I don't offer opinions. I will state what the word of God says. The only issue in where you will spend eternity is whether or not you trust in Christ for eternal salvation. If you die never having placed your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, then you have rejected God's offer of salvation. The only alternative is to spend eternity separated from God.

Acts 16:30 'and after he brought them out, he said, ''Sirs, what must I do to be saved?'' 31] And they said, ''Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved...'

The kind of life you live does not have any bearing on eternal salvation. Simply trusting in Christ is how you receive the free gift of salvation.

John 3:36 ''For God so loved the world, that He gave His uniquely born Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.''

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.'' Obeying the Son refers to the command to believe the gospel concerning Him.

Sin is not an issue in salvation. Jesus already paid for any sin you will ever commit. Works are not an issue in salvation. Grace rejects works. The only issue is 'Will you place your trust in Christ?'

If you have never believed in Christ for your eternal salvation then you are on your way to eternity in the place often referred to as 'hell.' But your eternal destiny can be changed in a single moment of time by simply coming to Christ for salvation.

You say you don't believe in God. Honestly research fulfilled Biblical prophecy and then ask yourself how those prophecies could have been fulfilled apart from God.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:58 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
LOL.
Laugh to your own peril.

Quote:
So what about muslims and hindus, etc. They have not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, as most of them were born into the religion with no choice. Are they going to hell too?
If they aren't born again through Jesus Christ, then yes they are going to hell. Jesus, the Only Begotten of the Father, came with a very clear message to mankind: Ye must be born again. The sinful state of man is completely unacceptable to God, so that's why we all must be born again into God's holiness and righteousness.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:59 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,339 times
no man living can judge to say if you will or not...period.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:07 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
You are living in hell right now without Christ.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:26 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
Question for the OP. Are you concerned that you may be going to hell?

Old 07-21-2011, 11:38 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
According to ancient superstitions you are. Just keep in mind that they are ancient absurd superstitions and in no way relate to reality.

So NO, you nor anyone else are going to hell, though many seem to really get off on making their own self-imposed hell here and now, not to mention those that love to judge you and decide your fate, solely based on ancient superstition, and no evidence. They want to scare you into accepting the same absurdities that create their own personal irrational fears.

With the exception of one post above, everyone is judging you, or trying Moderator cut: deleteto scare you into their personal absurd beliefs. How sad, how phoney of these people, how judgmental of these people whom also that only their god can judge.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-21-2011 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity