Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 03:01 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,553,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
No...I know what I know from what I have experienced regarding God. If asked I share it...but I have never claimed it to be the "ABSOLUTE ONLY TRUTH OUT THERE"....like most of the alleged Christians do. There are many paths to God and each person is given their own path at their own designated time.
Not according to the Bible. There is but one path to God and that's Jesus Christ. "No man cometh unto the father but by me." Period. End of sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 03:11 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,553,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
In the past I would've answered a post like mine much the same probably. But I've come to the understanding that salvation, biblically speaking, is all about Christ's faithfulness. As I understand it, Christ is the Word/Spirit of God revealing the true nature of God which is Love and which is holding no one's sins against them. I trust that if this is true of God's nature, I am safe with God. Further, I believe what the name of Jesus reveals about God which is, "God saves".

I trust, further, that if these things are true then if it is necessary for me to intellecutally understand/assent to anything more than this in order to experience salvation fully, then God will certainly reveal and convict me of those things.

I can't force myself to not have doubts about the existence of this God, about the historicity of Jesus, or about the bible, but I know from experience that when I am trusting that God's nature is Love, then I am at peace no matter how muddled I may be about anything else.

So, would discouraging me from trusting that God show faithfulness on your part or a lack of trust?
I would never encourage you not to trust God. But, I WOULD encourage you to put all your faith and trust in the Jesus Christ of the Bible, to put aside your normal, human doubts and decide to have faith in Christ. Then, I'd urge you to confess that out loud to another person and be baptized.

Do you think none of us have any doubts? I've met believers who swear they don't, but I even doubt that. How can anyone be rational and possessed of even a modicum of intelligence and not wonder? Even Thomas, a man hand-selected by Jesus himself as a disciple, and a man who knew Him personally, expressed doubts!

If you're waiting for conclusive proof of the things you doubt, you won't find it. God did not give us that kind of absolute proof because believing in it then would not be an act of faith, which He desires us to have. What you WILL find is enough evidence to support a declaration of faith. Like a jury in a trial, you'll find a preponderance of the evidence points to the reliability of scripture, the reality of God and the truth of Jesus Christ.

That's enough to render a verdict of "I believe."

Old 07-25-2011, 03:22 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,646,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Yes, we will indeed be able to know who is "of God" by the works that they are manifesting.

For instance, a Christian can do many things that Jesus taught us not to do. Rather than turn the other cheek, many Christians get angry and return evil for evil. The notion of "blessing those who curse you" is foreign to them.

In this way, we can see that it is not yet Christ who is reigning in their hearts, but the old man, the son of perdition, or beast that "was, and is not, and yet is." That is, the old man has indeed been defeated. Yet he is still the only thing left on the throne of our hearts if Christ is not fully reigning.

How do we know if He is reigning? By our works. "He that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as He (Jesus) is righteous." (emphasis mine)

You cannot get good fruit from a bad tree. If anyone (for example, Ghandi) is doing righteousness, then he is manifesting Christ. It's something anyone can do, and that's why a church label won't cut it. Calling oneself a "pentecostal" doesn't mean anything to God. He looks at the heart. And there are many "pentecostals" who are following the devil instead of Christ.

So in order to see Christ in others, it is sufficient to look at what their lives are manifesting. A meek spirit is worth more to God than a million prayers in tongues.

"The Kingdom of God is righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." That is what the Kingdom of God is. We can walk in it today!!

Aisi.

Peace!
brian
Well pretty good speech, but some major issues concern me here. We all must abide in the vine. Buddah, Krishna, Allah are not the Vine and cannot save. Only the Son of God Christ Jesus (John 14:6KJV). We are called as the branches to produce good fruits as defined in the scriptures.

We are to expose and rebuke evil. Jesus says he comes not to bring peace but a sword. We are to expose, but not have any fellowship with darkness as no one can serve to masters (God and the Devil.)

We are to warn people of the impending danger, and rebuke false teachings. It's not about identifying with labels, it's about identifying with Christ as described in the scriptures. We must abide in the vine (Jesus) and him alone to produce fruit. Abiding in any other false god to do good works won't cut it.

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." Isaiah 64:6 KJV

We all need to be born-again into the Spirit through the blood of the Lamb Messiah Jesus. We need him to produce fruits.

John 15:4-50 King James Version (KJV)

"4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

8Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

9As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love."

Only through the Christ Jesus can our transgressions be forgiven.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:33 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,344,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
We are to expose and rebuke evil. Jesus says he comes not to bring peace but a sword. We are to expose, but not have any fellowship with darkness as no one can serve to masters (God and the Devil.)
Exactly it never goes down well when you expose and call out fundamental fear mongering christianity for what it is.

By the way Jesus came that we might have life and life more abundantly, how come this is not the basis of your message,rather than trying to yoke believers and unbelievers with your own fears ?.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
There are many paths to God and each person is given their own path at their own designated time.
There is only one way, the narrow way, which is Jesus Christ: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Old 07-25-2011, 03:42 PM

It has been exposed. The god within doctrine is Anti-christ. If you don't believe it, than read a Bible. << that's exactly why it's important.

You see guys there are 2 Jesus' whether you want to admit it or not. One is the true Jesus which the scriptures testify of.

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 KJV

Come on guys can it be any clearer?!

The "other" Jesus is Anti-Christ preaching the god within Satanic doctrine. He says the following:

-You don't need to refer to the Bible.
-You don't need him alone for redemption of transgressions to the Father.
- We didn't really descend from Adam but are evolving.
- The scriptures are wrong.
- He certainly doesn't want you understanding the Old Testament and our origins.
- Satan is really different than Lucifer.
- The god is within you
- you can awaken this higher state of consciousness by your own doing.

Genesis 3

"1Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

Key points
Subtlety is how he moves so you don't notice
Yea, Hath God said... << He creates Doubt in God's Word
Ye shall not surely die... <<Direct lie once he creates doubt
Ye shall be as gods...<< promises YOU can be as gods.

His stratagem has not changed from the beginning. The sad thing is it is still working. There is no new thing under the sun. It's just been repackaged to fit modern times.

He also comes wearing white, talking peaceful about "love", promising peace on earth, etc.

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:14 KJV

Read your Bible people. Dangerous times ahead.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 07-25-2011 at 03:53 PM..

Old 07-25-2011, 03:43 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,221,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is only one way, the narrow way, which is Jesus Christ: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
I truly believe that you believe that...but it is just not true...I know many people who have found God without ever cracking open a bible and confessing to know or believe in Jesus. The Christ (the annointing) resides in all of us...most just aren't aware of it nor have they manifested it into the world. Jesus showed us the WAY to become ONE with the Father as he was ONE with the Father...most just ignore the work that has to be accomplished in order to achieve ONENESS...easy believism is just easier.

God works from the inside out...not the outside in.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Exactly it never goes down well when you expose and call out fundamental fear mongering christianity for what it is.
I've simply exposed the god within doctrine as coming from the Satanic Bible while also being the foundation of the "New Age" movement many on here are proselytizing. Is it still "fear mongering" when it's true? The "god within" doctrine is Satanic in origin. This should scare followers of this. Fear alone does nothing without the solution and action upon that solution.. repentance and remission of sins only through the blood of the lamb Messiah Jesus of Nazareth.

I've provided the solution. The truth is fearful if you don't follow up on the solution. Christ Jesus of Nazareth redemption through his sacred blood trusting in what he says in his word the Holy Bible.

There is still time. You and others don't need to follow Satan to the pit of Hell. He's already been judged, but you haven't. Christ's mercy seat is still available.

What is time but God's mercy toward us?

Old 07-25-2011, 03:53 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times
Quote:
It has been exposed. The god within doctrine is Anti-christ. If you don't believe it, than read a Bible. << that's exactly why it's important.

You see guys there are 2 Jesus' whether you want to admit it or not. One is the true Jesus which the scriptures testify of.

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:39 KJV

Come on guys can it be any clearer?!

The "other" Jesus is Anti-Christ preaching the god within Satanic doctrine. He says the following:

-You don't need to refer to the Bible.
-You don't need him alone for redemption of transgressions to the Father.
- We didn't really descend from Adam but are evolving.
- The scriptures are wrong.
- He certainly doesn't want you understanding the Old Testament and our origins.
- Satan is really different than Lucifer.
- The god is within you
- you can awaken this higher state of consciousness by your own doing.
And of course we can add: There are many paths to God & You do not need to know Jesus.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:06 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,344,770 times
Quote:
I've simply exposed the god within doctrine as coming from the Satanic Bible while also being the foundation of the "New Age" movement many on here are proselytizing. Is it still "fear mongering" when it's true? The "god within" doctrine is Satanic in origin. This should scare followers of this. Fear alone does nothing without the solution and action upon that solution.. repentance and remission of sins only through the blood of the lamb Messiah Jesus of Nazareth.

I've provided the solution. The truth is fearful if you don't follow up on the solution. Christ Jesus of Nazareth redemption through his sacred blood trusting in what he says in his word the Holy Bible.

There is still time. You and others don't need to follow Satan to the pit of Hell. He's already been judged, but you haven't. Christ's mercy seat is still available.

What is time but God's mercy toward us?
Sounds to me like you came to believe in fear,rather than on Jesus Christ.

I think if you really knew God's mercy your message would not be one of fear mongering.

Come from among the system you are born into through fear,Christ is calling you to Himself, whose yoke is Easy and burden is Light.The believer has no yoke or burden to offer than that which he's been yoked and burdened with himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity