Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 02:40 AM

334 posts, read 487,085 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your contribution..

Old 07-29-2011, 03:53 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
If Jeff Dahmer was born again believer of Lord Jesus , he would be in Heaven today with the Lord ........ If he did not know Jesus, the works of the flesh was purely demonic, were Jesus would Judge him with the lost in the world

Old 07-29-2011, 05:50 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,864 times
Jeffrey Dahmer was a monster in human form.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:26 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
As Jesus once said "There are no evil people, just people making bad choices". Jeff Dahmer is a child of God just as anyone else is. What he did was wrong but that is between him and God alone to work out. Aren't we supposed to help the fallen instead of trample them down some more? Love each other is what Jesus commanded. Shouldn't we be doing that in God's name instead of judging him because we may not like the things he did? How can imperfect beings expect perfection from another imperfect being?

Old 07-29-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
As Jesus once said "There are no evil people, just people making bad choices". Jeff Dahmer is a child of God just as anyone else is. What he did was wrong but that is between him and God alone to work out. Aren't we supposed to help the fallen instead of trample them down some more? Love each other is what Jesus commanded. Shouldn't we be doing that in God's name instead of judging him because we may not like the things he did? How can imperfect beings expect perfection from another imperfect being?
Apologizing for a necrophiliac serial killer cannibal is going too far. If you love Dahmer that much, there's probably a fansite or a mailing-list you can join.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
As Jesus once said "There are no evil people, just people making bad choices".
Jesus did not say that. You're putting the namby-pamby words of UR theology in His mouth and for that you should really be ashamed.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:53 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
I have to admit my initial thought was that I'm not sure Christian views on Dahmer would be different enough from non-Christians to be at all interesting. The responses so far make me think I'm mistaken.

I guess if taken in a deeper Christian philosophical view I do not know Jeff Dahmer and never did. So perhaps I can not judge his competency, mindset, or intent. I'm a bit uncomfortable with the idea he could be so sufficiently incompetent as to not be responsible, and therefore possibly go to Heaven after suitable Purgation, but I'm not God so I can't actually make the determination.

Still judging by the information I do know it would be fair to say that, for most of his adulthood anyway, he lived a life of evil. If you know me I don't throw the word "evil" around lightly. However Dahmer is one where his life was evil in the fairly classic, not necessarily even religious, sense of "a malignant influence on his neighbor." If you're asking "why does God allow violent psychopaths to be born?" (because as I recall Dahmer's upbringing, though problematic, was not really bad enough to explain most of his actions) well I admit I'm not sure I know the best answer there.

I guess in general I tend to say that maybe such things exist so we can learn something from them. I'm not really sure what we can learn from his case. It seems like he had disturbing tendencies in adolescence so maybe we are to learn that troubled teens need guidance or therapy or if necessary institutionalization. That parents shouldn't let pride keep them from seeking outside aid when their child needs it. It seems like I recall he also had homosexual tendencies. And I'd say it's important people with same-sex attraction not feel they're irredeemably evil or unavoidably doomed. In Catholic thought it's a disorder, but lots of people have disorders that make them desire certain sinful actions. (Alcoholism, kleptomania if that exists, even certain forms of OCD) You shouldn't fall into despair and a belief you can't be virtuous or holy.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Apologizing for a necrophiliac serial killer cannibal is going too far. If you love Dahmer that much, there's probably a fansite or a mailing-list you can join.
Yup. You're a real christian and you follow Jesus. Jesus said to love our enemies even those who's actions we disagree with. Sorry that you haven't found the truth in that.

What we do is between God and ourselves. We cannot judge someone elses actions when are not perfect ourselves. If you're so perfect, why then are you judging. Perfection does not judge nor does it condemn.

I have no doubts that Dahmer is in darkness and until he finds love, he will be in that darkness. Once he finds love, he will be able to progress just as we all will do.

Seek first the things that are of of God.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Jesus did not say that. You're putting the namby-pamby words of UR theology in His mouth and for that you should really be ashamed.
Lets see. Should I listen to you who is imperfect or Jesus who is perfect. Hmm. Think I'll choose Jesus.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:15 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Reverend1111.....Imperfect beings do not expect other imperfect beings to be perfect....just not to torture, murder and eat multiple victims....It's very hard to believe in a god when one can commit multiple horrendous atrosities against others, and then with their dying breath ask for gods forgiveness, and then be embraced into his kingdom the same as a man who was honest and just for his whole life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity