Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 01:35 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Whether god is Islam or Christianity or agnostic... I don't think he cares what you call him. So I guess if they want to call Jesus god, it's not the end of the world.

However I do think it's disingenuous. It ignores common sense and reasoning To deify a man who taught others to thank a specific god is plain confusion.

I think if Christians proclaim they "follow Jesus," then they should at least worship Jesus' God.
Every religion is right...Can we also call Him Satan?...For that is a religion...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 01:40 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
May God help us all! Virgin supernatural birth? Do we abandon science for fantasy? Yikes!

Sons of god referred to those who followed god. Some study in hebraisms would be beneficial.
Yes we're talking about a supernatural nature which created this existence and redeemed it as scientific and historical evidence suggests.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 08-04-2011 at 02:05 PM..

Old 08-04-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Sad for you, but I am so glad to hear the testimonies of so many who went the opposite direction you purportedly went; instead, through CHrist, they passed from darkness into life, from eternal separation to eternal reconciliation. Jesus is still saving and transforming. He even saved an awful sinner like me. I pray you repent and come to faith in Him.
Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Looks like that is an empty prayer, Tar...

Old 08-04-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Jesus Christ is God, but that does not make Him God the Father.

The confussion come in only when people try to make Jesus Christ and the Father the same being.

If people could see them as two different disticnt beings the scripture make sense, but alas the trinity stupidity prevails.
Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Try again...

Old 08-04-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
But God the Father (and I use that term loosely, for God is not human nor is God male or female) is a spirit, energy, consciousness, etc...that is WITHIN ALL OF US...we are NOT separate from God, for God is WITHIN each and every one of us (sadly, most think he is somewhere off in the heavens, separate and apart from us)...this is exactly why Jesus could make that claim that He was ONE with the Father. When humanity comes into this reality, which Jesus taught was the goal of our spiritual walk...then they will be able to claim the same thing.
Do you really understand what you say?...The whole Universe is within God...For there is no existance outside of Him...That is why He is Omni-present...He holds the whole Universe and everthing in it together...

Old 08-04-2011, 01:48 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times
Quote:
Jesus is the human's/fleshly name. Why not just worship God?
By worshipping Jesus, I am worshipping God. If you do not believe Jesus is God, you do not know the true and living God.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Notice the opening phrase... Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus. This passage is telling people to be like Jesus in equality to god. If he thought it not be robbery to be equal with god, let this mind be in you.

If this means Jesus IS god then everyone is too?
That is what Robert Tipton said...

Old 08-04-2011, 01:53 PM

23,018 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Jesus is the King of kings and Lord of lords. He is the alpha and omega. You are darn right that I worship Him! He is my God and will forever be worshipped, just as He deserves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
By worshipping Jesus, I am worshipping God. If you do not believe Jesus is God, you do not know the true and living God.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Notice the opening phrase... Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus. This passage is telling people to be like Jesus in equality to god. If he thought it not be robbery to be equal with god, let this mind be in you.

If this means Jesus IS god then everyone is too?
You are stretching that for sure...And taking it out of context...That verse was an aside, the author was not telling people to consider themselves God, rather the mind of Christ was humble and submissive to the Father...

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:57 PM

23,018 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
This is in reference to Phil 2:5-8. The passage is not telling people to be like Christ in equality to God. Only God can be equal to God. And Jesus Christ is God.

The passage is stating that believers are to have the same attitude of self-sacrificing humility and love for others as Christ did. Jesus was willing to temporarily set aside the independent use of His deity, and set aside the outward expression of His glory as God, in order to carry out the Father's plan of salvation for man.

And believers should have the same attitude of humility and selfless love on behalf of others.

Phil 2:5 is simply stating that believers should be humble. Not that they are equal to God.

And I truly hope that most people understand this. The two posters above obviously don't.

Jesus voluntarily assumed a human body and human nature without ceasing to be God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity