Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 08:04 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times

Advertisements

Finn, the whole point was to prove that people are saying they speak for God all of the time, Phazelwood already provided you with a link to a discussion where two people were claiming to speak for God. Moderator cut: edit there has been plenty of evidence that people do indeed claim they speak for God. You're one of them.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-14-2011 at 08:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 08:05 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, that is your standard reply to everything I say

You may need to say something that pertains to the OP, then I would not have to repeat myself.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:10 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You may need to say something that pertains to the OP, then I would not have to repeat myself.
There you go again: the standard reply. I explained my point in the part which you cut off.

Never mind. For God knows what reason you refuse to admit it is a theoretical scenario. Does it matter? No, but for some reason it is important for you to maintain this is something that happens all the time. I guess we will never know.....

Old 10-14-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
the OP just happens to revolve around the "what if" scenario you presented, so my post has everything to do with it.
No it isn't and no it doesn't.

I realize that you never claim to speak for God and that if someone diasagrees with you, you never claim a person has rejected God because they didn't believe what you believe is true. Certainly when you talk about God you are only offering your opinion and it may or may not be true.

However there are people from many different sects of belief that assert what they say in that manner I spoke of in the OP, whether you believe that is true or not, really doesn't concern me, the OP is based upon how some real people present what they believe to be true.

If you have something to offer along the lines of the questioning in the OP, please do.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Finn, the whole point was to prove that people are saying they speak for God all of the time, Phazelwood already provided you with a link to a discussion where two people were claiming to speak for God. You simply want to argue and cause problems as usual, but there has been plenty of evidence that people do indeed claim they speak for God. You're one of them.
LOL, a link which has a dozen sublinks to more sublinks. Did you find the section Plazelwood is talking about? I did not.

You are right: Phazelwoods entire point is to claim this is something that happens ALL THE TIME. Yet, I can't say I have ever seen such discussion. You need to ask youself, why it would be important for someone to make it sound like it happens all the time? Then you understand the real purpose of this thread.

I am done, here, as this is what some would call "bickering". What I got out of this discussion is a confession from a number of URs saying they are not sure if the core teaching of UR is true or false. I'd say this thread served a purpose.

Enjoy the discussion.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-14-2011 at 08:23 AM..

Old 10-14-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
There you go again: the standard reply. I explained my point in the part which you cut off.

Never mind. For God knows what reason you refuse to admit it is a theoretical scenario. Does it matter? No, but for some reason it is important for you to maintain this is something that happens all the time. I guess we will never know.....
There is nothing wrong with a standard reply, when it is factual.

You are the one claiming it is theoretical. I do not need to admit something that is not true.

Saying I am saying it happens all the time is not something I said, it is something you are asserting as an argument and I never said that, so it is moot and has no bearing upon what I have said.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
LOL, a link which has a dozen sublinks to more sublinks. Did you find the section Plazelwood is talking about? I did not.

You are righ: Phazelwoods entire point is to claim this is something that happens ALL THE TIME. Yet, I can't say I have ever seen such discussion. You need to ask youself, why it would be important for someone to make it sound like it happens all the time? Then you understand the real purpose of this thread.

I am done, here, as this is what some would call "bickering". What I got out of this discussion is a confession from a number of URs saying they are not sure if the core teaching of UR is true or false. I'd say this thread served a purpose.

There is nothing I stated that says I say it happens all the time. Moot point.

You are the one bickering. If you have something to say about the line of questioning in the OP, please do so.

The OP puts the discussion in place concerning ALL types of beliefs, I have not stated one thing in this thread about my own personal beliefs at all. You or others might be trying to make it out to be about someone specific belief system but I have not and you will not be able to show that at all.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You are the one bickering. If you have something to say about the line of questioning in the OP, please do so.
No one can bicker alone. I said I was done, and I mean it. You can have your thread back.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
No one can bicker alone. I said I was done, and I mean it. You can have your thread back.

I never lost it, your attempts at hijacking was good entertainment, thank you for admitting it.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:59 AM

7,997 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Good morning from your friendly moderator. If you all continue to take stabs at other members, then the thread will be closed. Please keep it to the OP and NOT about one another....

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity