Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 11:40 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: final warning

Bashing each other and/or their beliefs is still against the TOS of CD..Politeness in your disagreements or attacking the "idea" not the person is what is allowed..

Old 10-23-2011, 11:52 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's good they love each. When they learn to love non-URs, then I'll say they are making progress. Unfortunately the UR responses to non-UR people here prove they still have a long way to go.
There are URs who love those who preach ET, Finn. In fact, the very belief in UR is that God loves everyone across the board, and is able to get all of them into heaven. Including ETers.

My personal comments here are in regard to doctrines that I believe are not in the Spirit of Jesus. Some of what is preached under to guise of "love" is nothing other than hatred. Pure and simple.

That doesn't mean that I don't believe the Bible is God-inspired. I do. What it means is that I don't believe that ET interpretations are spiritual nor accurate. I think literal translations are inaccurate and carnal. No insight, no revelation of the Spirit. Just literal readings that lead to hate of one's neighbor and condemning attitudes.

That doesn't mean that I condone unbelief, or homosexuality, etc. It means that I think some things are more important than others. And judging people because they don't live the way we believe is certainly not one of them.

Blessings,
brian

Old 10-23-2011, 12:05 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,650,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I don't understand what you're talking about.....whatever beliefs I presented in the past were completely biblical, either as a fundamentalist or as a UR. Each belief can be backed up with scripture. That's just not true. Whatever I believed or semi-believed was always based on something from the Bible, always. You can't say something is an honest representation of my beliefs when I have no belief.
I believe that you believed what you were saying. I don't think you were attempting to be dishonest or misleading in any way. But the views and interpretations that you presented were often not biblical. It takes more than reading a verse, or passage, and gaining your understanding from that alone.

Regardless of what many people argue, there IS a correct interpretation of scripture. God tells us in 2 Timothy 2:15 that studying the scriptures is hard work to handle it correctly. Most people don't study, but simply read, the Bible. It's not always easy to grasp and I don't believe any one person, or denomination has a complete understanding of all of it. But, when you have a proper method of reading and studying the scriptures, the truth reveals itself. The Bible is to be studied through prayer and humility. It requires a reliance on the Holy Spirit to give us understanding. It requires taking the scriptures in context to find that the Bible explains itself.

If you've come to the conclusion that you are an agnostic and don't believe the Bible, then you couldn't have possibly received any direction from the Holy Spirit because, as scripture says, the Word does not come back void. It also says in 1 John 2:19, "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us."

It also says in verse 22, "Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ?" As an agnostic, you can't claim that Jesus is the Christ.

I'm NOT trying to be mean or rude. I'm being sincere and presenting biblical references to show that, as much as you may have believed (or claimed) to be a Christian, that the Bible says that you weren't. Therefore, your past information in these threads were based on YOUR understanding of the scriptures and NOT a biblical one.

I hope you'll continue searching for the truth.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:13 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
UR's are full of love for others, not just other UR's Finn. You took what I said and twisted it. Why do you insist on arguing about UR's so much? You're so obsessed. It's the fundamentalist ETer's who need to work on their responses....their whole approach and beliefs.
I didn't twist anything, I am speaking from personal experience. I know what kind of responses I receive from them on daily bases, and it is not pretty. Besides, I didn't bring up UR / ET to this thread. Roger did that.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-23-2011 at 12:23 PM..

Old 10-23-2011, 12:16 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
One can't love a non-UR any stronger than to reassure them that they will be included in the salvation of everyone too.
So in your view you are being loving when you insist your view is right and my God is a monster? LOL

OK, I won't distract the thread any more. I have given my advice (pray/study/examine).

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-23-2011 at 12:29 PM..

Old 10-23-2011, 12:29 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,406,855 times
Exclamation Overwhelming grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I didn't twist anything, I am speaking from personal expericnce. I know what kind of responses I receive from them on daily bases, and it is not pretty. Besides, I didn't bring up UR / ET to this thread. Rodger did that.
All the ETers.
All the agnostics.
All the URs, and everyone else.
All of them are going to be saved from everything from which they need to be saved.
That's good news, and I love to share it!

As John Essex puts it in
OVERWHELMING GRACE
“God is a despot. Paul in Ephesians 1:11, speaks of ‘the purpose of the One Who is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will.’ Yes, God exercise a despotic sway over the whole universe, but we are thankful for this because He is Love.

Though He will brook no opposition to the furtherance of His purpose, He is never a tyrant. When He inflicts evil upon any, it is always in order that good may follow. His sovereign will is the ultimate salvation and blessing of all (including non-URs) that He may be All in all.

For all creation in its need,
The future is engraved
In words of life, for all to read,
‘In grace shall you be saved.’

Let every mental conflict cease,
Let every barrier fall,
For grace removes each bar to peace
Till Thou art All in all.

O God, how glorious is Thy grace!
How radiantly divine!
It stretches out its wide embrace,
To make all creatures Thine.

When God is All in all, the whole creation (including non-URs) will have become His achievement, and every member will be a beneficiary of His OVERWHELMING GRACE.”

Old 10-23-2011, 12:48 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Thank you all for your posts..Seems the op has been discussed and finished..
Please start new topics or search the older ones for continuing your off topic posts and sidebars in this thread..

This one is closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity