Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 10:49 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,089 times

Advertisements

Who killed Saul - Himself or God? There are many other illustrations such as this, but here is just one.

God says Saul killed himself.

1 Chronicles 10:

4Saul said to his armor-bearer, “Draw your sword and run me through, or these uncircumcised fellows will come and abuse me.”
But his armor-bearer was terrified and would not do it; so Saul took his own sword and fell on it. 5When the armor-bearer saw that Saul was dead, he too fell on his sword and died.

God says He killed Saul.

13Saul died because he was unfaithful to the Lord; he did not keep the word of the Lord and even consulted a medium for guidance, 14and did not inquire of the Lord. So the Lord put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 10:55 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Who killed Saul - Himself or God? There are many other illustrations such as this, but here is just one.

1 Chronicles 10:

4Saul said to his armor-bearer, “Draw your sword and run me through, or these uncircumcised fellows will come and abuse me.”
But his armor-bearer was terrified and would not do it; so Saul took his own sword and fell on it. 5When the armor-bearer saw that Saul was dead, he too fell on his sword and died.

God says He killed Saul.

13Saul died because he was unfaithful to the Lord; he did not keep the word of the Lord and even consulted a medium for guidance, 14and did not inquire of the Lord. So the Lord put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse.
And if you believe this is a true story...I have some swamp land to sell you in Florida...you can have it real cheap.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:58 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
It could be both, God has often showed me and pressed upon me where I am flawed and was brought to point where there was only one thing to do. As a result I have fell on my own sword killing that flaw based upon what God showed me.

That is what the passage says to my life.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:02 AM

Walk by faith, Christygrl...

I believe you might have swamp land in Florida, but I prefer dry land. Thanks anywho!

Old 10-25-2011, 11:09 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
It could be both, God has often showed me and pressed upon me where I am flawed and was brought to point where there was only one thing to do. As a result I have fell on my own sword killing that flaw based upon what God showed me.

That is what the passage says to my life.
Very nice Phaze...these are allegorical and metaphorical stories meant to inspire people to find the spiritual meanings in them...not something to be taken literally.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:24 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post

1 Chronicles 10:

God says He killed Saul.

Both statements are true. God handed Saul over to his own negative volition and disobedience which resulted in Saul finding himself in a situation which caused him to finally take his own life. God allowed Saul's own negative volition and disobedience to play out, which resulted in Saul taking his own life under the principle of the sin unto death which is maximum divine discipline administered by God to the disobedient believer. Saul reaped what he had sown. God used Saul's own decisions against him to administer maximum punishment to him.

And by the way, Saul did not lose his salvation. When God allowed Samuel to come up in a vision, Samuel told Saul that the next day, he would be with him. Samuel was in Abraham's bosom/Paradise in Sheol/Hades. Today, Saul is in heaven.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Both statements are true. God handed Saul over to his own negative volition and disobedience which resulted in Saul finding himself in a situation which caused him to finally take his own life. God allowed Saul's own negative volition and disobedience to play out, which resulted in Saul taking his own life under the principle of the sin unto death which is maximum divine discipline administered by God to the disobedient believer. Saul reaped what he had sown. God used Saul's own decisions against him to administer maximum punishment to him.

And by the way, Saul did not lose his salvation. When God allowed Samuel to come up in a vision, Samuel told Saul that the next day, he would be with him. Samuel was in Abraham's bosom/Paradise in Sheol/Hades. Today, Saul is in heaven.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:40 PM

541 posts, read 940,962 times
Saul killed himself. Jealousy, fits of rage...hatred...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity