Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 05:11 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,002 times

Advertisements

First of all the Holy Spirit is the bible itself-----John 6:63.

Second of all the Holy Spirit is God talking in all the bible---2 Timothy 3:16

Third of all the Holy Spirit gives every Christian the same viewpoint on anything in the bible----2 Peter 1:20-21.

That mean the Holy Spirit is not a voice outside the bible--Romans 10:17.

That mean the Holy Spirit is not the mind of any man----1 John 2:27.

The mean the Holy Spirit directs his people to anything in the bible for whatever life encounter comes their way----Psalms 119:105.

The mean the Holy Spirit is never a guess on what God is ever saying to his people-----John 14:26.

That mean the Holy Spirit is not the wisdom of man on living life as God
purposes ever----Isaiah 64:6.

Water baptism is a Holy Spirit idea-----John 3:5.

The Sabbath teaching is not a wisdom of man idea---Hebrews 4.

Church preacher rules is a Holy Spirit idea-----1 Cor. 14:34-35.

Christian marriage is not a wisdom of man idea---Mark 10:11-12.

Christian segregation is a Holy Spirit idea----2 Cor. 6:14-17.

Man to man bible rebuke is not a wisdom of man idea---James 5:20.

Christian attire is a Holy Spirit idea-----1 Peter 3:3.

Christian parties is not a wisdom of man idea-----1 Peter 4:1-4.

Christian interviewing is a Holy Spirit idea----1 Thess. 5:12.

Christian chemistry is not a wisdom of man idea----John 17:21.

100% bible believers is a Holy Spirit idea-----John 8:31.

The Holy Spirit doesn't put many opposing voices in a Christian's head about what God is ever saying-----God is not the author of
confusion------1 Cor. 14.

As always the attempt is made to attract 100% bible believers together so the body of Christ can actually exist today----Matthew 5:6.

Clicks with 90% bible believers is not the body of Christ
ever----Matthew 5:18-20 and Romans 3:1-4.

Any voice against any of the bible is not the Holy Spirit----John 8:44.

Any voice not for all of the bible is not the Holy Spirit----2 Timothy 3:16.

Any voice editing the bible to write a Greek and Hebrew book is not the
Holy Spirit----Revelation 22:18-19.

Any voice editing the bible to write English grammar better is not the
Holy Spirit-----Matthew 5:17.

Any book trying to replace the teaching of any of the bible is not the
Holy Spirit-----1 John 2:27.

The Holy Spirit is always wiser then the wisdom of any
man----1 Cor. 1:25.

The Holy Spirit has bible revelation all the time on being a
Christian----John 5:39.

The Holy Spirit makes every Christian complete with all the bible
all the time----Matthew 4:4 and 2 Timothy 3:16.

The Holy Spirit has nothing to do with common sense as people
believe----Jeremiah 10:23 and Isaiah 64:6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 06:36 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
I would say no, more like we are hard of hearing. The Holy Spirit Speaks clearly but our ears are full of sin so we ignore the Holy Spirit.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:47 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times
Tonyx3, with all due respect, no...not at all is The Bible the Holy Spirit. It is a book, and God does not live IN books, nor in buildings made of stone.
In fact, in the bible, among a ton of things said, we are told a quote of was it Jesus? that said "in the scriptures they seek me but I am not there" or something that has that meaning, sorry of course not a quote. I used quotations to simply make the operative message stand-out.

The Holy Spirit is the ghost of God and Jesus, their presence any and everywhere, and not limited to a book in any way. The Bible is a huge blessing. It is a roadmap for us, but it has no Spirit that resides in it, or anything even near that. If it did, it would be a sin to sit anything on top of a bible, for example, and of course it is not.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:56 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Tonyx3, with all due respect, no...not at all is The Bible the Holy Spirit. It is a book, and God does not live IN books, nor in buildings made of stone.
In fact, in the bible, among a ton of things said, we are told a quote of was it Jesus? that said "in the scriptures they seek me but I am not there" or something that has that meaning, sorry of course not a quote. I used quotations to simply make the operative message stand-out.

The Holy Spirit is the ghost of God and Jesus, their presence any and everywhere, and not limited to a book in any way. The Bible is a huge blessing. It is a roadmap for us, but it has no Spirit that resides in it, or anything even near that. If it did, it would be a sin to sit anything on top of a bible, for example, and of course it is not.
Acts 7:38 - He was in the assembly in the desert, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers; and he received living words to pass on to us.

1 Peter 1:23 - For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:21 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times
Yes, "the word" is alive.

Jesus is "the word."

Old 11-05-2011, 09:57 AM

Default Further Talk On The Holy Spirit

God is the Holy Spirit-----John 4:24
The Holy Spirit is the bible----John 6:63
Therefore God is the bible too-----2 Timothy 2:15.
Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit are really the same thing in meaning in the same way Savior and Jesus is the same thing referring to God.
God is not a building nor a book itself but his bible is his conversation of his Holy Spirit to man.
The phrase Holy Ghost tend to be used more then Holy Spirit if you talking about the speaking in tongues or what they call baptism of the
Holy Ghost.
Holy Ghost usually talking about tongues only.
Holy Spirit usually talking about the bible or the favor of God on people with knowledge, wisdom or good character.
Book of Acts 19 ---Have you receive the Holy Ghost since you
believed ? This talking about speaking in tongues.
Book of Isaiah 61:1 or so----The spirit of the Lord is upon me to
preach the gospel, etc. This talking about the favor of God.
John 6:63---The words I speak unto thee, etc. This talking about all the bible with Jesus speaking either directly or indirectly through his apostles,
prophets as well as queen and kings.
John 8:31 ---If you continue in my word, etc. This talking about the
Holy Spirit or the bible completely.
Matthew 3---The dove on Jesus is the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit. This talking about the favor of God on God with good character. That's why he is called the beloved in whom the Father is well pleased with.
The Holy Spirit is not only the person of Jesus Christ it's also God and the bible he lectures the Holy Spirit from.
Holy Ghost was mentioned with Mary to imply the natural birth of Jesus Christ only.
Holy Ghost was mention with Elizabeth to imply the natural birth of John
only.
These we're uncommon births where the phrase Holy Ghost had application. Common births people just say they pregnant and conceived a child at birth. What's so uncommon about Jesus is that he was born without application to the normal laws on human reproduction. John was uncommon cause he was prophesied as the initial person announcing Jesus and baptising Jesus too.

When people in the bible died they say a person gave up the ghost. Nothing to do with speaking in tongues ever just a way of announcing to the world that a person has died only.

John 15 say if his bible word abide in us then we're in the Holy Spirit or in God or Jesus himself. This Jesus speaking directly on this.

John 14:9----Jesus is the Father or God
John 10:30---Jesus is the Father or God again
Psalms 110:1---Jesus is the Father or God a third time but he speaks to himself.
John 17:21----Jesus is the Father or God a 4th time and he speaks to himself another time.
The bible verse, not my way but thy will be done-----This Jesus as the Father talking to himself a 5th time.
Psalms 110:1 clears up up any denial that Jesus or God can't speak to himself. The Lord said to my Lord with a capital "L" twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post

Old 11-05-2011, 10:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
No.... Believing the bible is the word of God instead of Jesus Christ does ?.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:34 PM

461 posts, read 480,542 times
Yes the Lord says and the son of man also;"The words I spoke to you are spirit and life."

But man put the bible together. There are some books in it which do not belong in it. Unfortunately Christians follow those books rather than what Jesus and the son of man have provided from the Almighty God.

Old 11-06-2011, 12:25 PM

Default Clarification To An Interesting Point

Yes peopleadd and take away from the bible literally the grammar and even with added or taken away books in the bible but the bible warns of this to his people-----Revelation 22:18-19. Also Matthew 5:17.

God inspired man to write the personality of God in the bible--2 Tim. 3:16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
Yes the Lord says and the son of man also;"The words I spoke to you are spirit and life."

But man put the bible together. There are some books in it which do not belong in it. Unfortunately Christians follow those books rather than what Jesus and the son of man have provided from the Almighty God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity