Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 04:36 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What have you discoverd about Christ that is contrary or in addition to what is contained in Holy Scripture?
I will answer you this question when you answer this one

Quote:
Of course, but what He says to us in other ways will never be at odds with the written Word.
Do you have a scripture for this ?^^^^^^

And this one

Where did David find out the Lord was His Shepherd ?, which chapter and verse did I find this out ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Who's doing that?
The system

Old 11-10-2011, 04:50 AM

Quote:
I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that.

Ephesians 4

11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

First of all, most of those in today's world are failing in those offices, for the best part they know nothing but the written word which is not life, life is to be found in the living word which is Jesus Christ.

And second, those offices were to point the believer to who the Son of God is, this is how we become mature by understanding the nature and character of the son of God, for instance I am sure they were teaching love your enemies because this is how the son of God was towards his enemies,it is nothing more than growing up into Him and becoming Christlike. The system does not teach this, it teaches undying belief that the bible is the word of God, which in the Light of Jesus saying you are wrong for thinking life can be found in them, they testify of me who is THE LIFE, and they just could not see this

Old 11-10-2011, 08:43 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Hearing the words of the Lord. Not reading. God is saying that he is going to stop speaking to the Israelites as a whole. No more words of prophecy. Also, this is pre-Jesus and we know that God was silent to the Nation when His people went after other gods.
I disagree. I believe this refers to the time when the Church Jesus Christ established would fall into apostasy and prophets would be absent from the earth. In other words, men would be left with no direct communication from Heaven, but would have to rely on "God's word" as it was found in "the Bible." In Amos 3:7, we're told "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." That means what it says. It means that God will never stop speaking to His children through His chosen prophets. Of course there will be periods of time when He communicates less frequently than others, but there is no indication that He "is going to stop seaking to the Israelites as a whole" (or to anyone else, for that matter). Of course, if people insist that He's through talking, they're not going to be listening.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Hearing the words of the Lord. Not reading. God is saying that he is going to stop speaking to the Israelites as a whole. No more words of prophecy. Also, this is pre-Jesus and we know that God was silent to the Nation when His people went after other gods.
When you believe the written word is the Living Word( Jesus Christ),this is when you no longer hear him, you are actually veiling your own eyes by doing so,and the Light that you think you have becomes darkness.

This is why the nation of Israel went into famine of hearing the Living Word, because they thought what was written was living.

Jesus pointed this out to them, when He said "Search the scriptures for in them you "Think" you have life(in other words nothing could be further from the truth)....... But they are they which testify of ME ( Who is Life John 14:6). It's right there in your bible that you "Think" is Life.

If Life was found in the written word, like pneuma pointed out, why would we need Jesus ? exactly..... because the bible cannot do what Jesus Christ Did.Romans 8:3.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:47 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I will answer you this question when you answer this one

Do you have a scripture for this ?^^^^^^
2 Timothy

But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Quote:
And this one

Where did David find out the Lord was His Shepherd ?, which chapter and verse did I find this out ?
Nope. It's your turn.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
The system
I don't know what that means. I thought you were putting me in that category.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
First of all, most of those in today's world are failing in those offices, for the best part they know nothing but the written word which is not life, life is to be found in the living word which is Jesus Christ.
That doesn't make the Scriptures invalid.

Quote:
And second, those offices were to point the believer to who the Son of God is, this is how we become mature by understanding the nature and character of the son of God, for instance I am sure they were teaching love your enemies because this is how the son of God was towards his enemies,it is nothing more than growing up into Him and becoming Christlike. The system does not teach this, it teaches undying belief that the bible is the word of God, which in the Light of Jesus saying you are wrong for thinking life can be found in them, they testify of me who is THE LIFE, and they just could not see this
The written Word speaks of the living Word. Why is that not useful?

Old 11-10-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:

If Life was found in the written word, like pneuma pointed out, why would we need Jesus ? exactly.....
Have not many people been saved by picking up & reading the written Word? There, they read of & then experience the Living Word. No?

Quote:
because the bible cannot do what Jesus Christ Did.Romans 8:3.
No one is claiming that.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Have not many people been saved by picking up & reading the written Word? There, they read of & then experience the Living Word. No?

No one is claiming that.
I have never said that the scriptures are not useful.

Look believing because of what you have read in the written word does not make the written word the inerrant word of God . I actually believed by reading the scriptures on the one they testified of who Is the Word of God. I had for over a year been reading the scriptures then read the Cross and Switchblade, and I knew the one the scriptures testified of was real. I believed on the one they testified of, then the Evangelicals I hooked up with told me the bible and Jesus Christ could not be separated and that they both were the same word of God, and I fell for it as a young believer hook,line and sinker.

But thank the Lord I can trust Christ in me, to discover what is buried and hidden beyond the ink.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-10-2011 at 12:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity