Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 06:49 PM

659 posts, read 1,149,738 times

Advertisements

He needs votes, after the last charade of not mentioning god, his approval went down, he needs to bring up his approval rating but dont worry, he will never get back in, not even his own like him anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 07:04 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,048,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago103 View Post
From an intellectually honest standpoint anyone claiming to know with absolute certainty that anyone is a true believer or not is committing a form of blasphemy in my view.
I agree. It's amazing how quick people are to make very serious judgements of others and not only make them but express them, spread them around as "truth". Quite amazing.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:17 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,664,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
He needs votes, after the last charade of not mentioning god, his approval went down, he needs to bring up his approval rating but dont worry, he will never get back in, not even his own like him anymore.
This is precisely the reason for Obama's "message." It's the same as gas prices coming down dramatically before an election. It's all propaganda to influence voters.

Obama may know the words of the Christian faith but he's not living them out. Many people all themselves Christians but really aren't. (This is evidenced in Matthew 25:31-33 and 44-46 regarding the judgment of the sheep and the goats.)

EDITED TO ADD: I wanted to add the scripture reference that shows that not everyonewho claims to be a Christian actually is one. Matthew 7:21-23 says, “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

A true Christian upholds the Bible as their guide for everything in life. Obama has mocked the Bible, Christianity and God's ways. Biblically, according to the authority of the scriptures, Obama is NOT a Christian.

The video below explain why Obama is NOT a Christian according to the biblical definition and standards of Christianity. If you want more reasons, there are seven videos in this series that will explain BIBLICALLY why Obama isn't a Christian.

Why Obama Is Not A Christian: Reason #1 - YouTube

And before the political screamers and republican haters get a hold of this post and start spewing hateful remarks, let me make a couple things absolutely clear:

1. Republican does NOT equal Christian. A person can be a conservative Republican and not be a Christian. To be frank, NEITHER party is representing God or His Word. Both are deceitful and wicked. (I'm not saying there are NO Christian Republicans or Christian Democrats. I'm talking about the parties on the whole.)

2. I am NEITHER a republican nor a democrat. I think for myself and don't let a political party do it for me. I use the Bible as my guide in life, which includes politics.

Last edited by plain and simple; 12-03-2011 at 07:35 PM..

Old 12-03-2011, 07:25 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,861,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
This is precisely the reason for Obama's "message." It's the same as gas prices coming down dramatically before an election. It's all propaganda to influence voters.

Obama may know the words of the Christian faith but he's not living them out. Many people all themselves Christians but really aren't. (This is evidenced in Matthew 25:31-33 and 44-46 regarding the judgment of the sheep and the goats.)

A true Christian upholds the Bible as their guide for everything in life. Obama has mocked the Bible, Christianity and God's ways. Biblically, according to the authority of the scriptures, Obama is NOT a Christian.

The video below explain why Obama is NOT a Christian according to the biblical definition and standards of Christianity. If you want more reasons, there are seven videos in this series that will explain BIBLICALLY why Obama isn't a Christian.

And before the political screamers and republican haters get a hold of this post and start spewing hateful remarks, let me make a couple things absolutely clear:

1. Republican does NOT equal Christian. A person can be a conservative Republican and not be a Christian. To be frank, NEITHER party is representing God or His Word. Both are deceitful and wicked. (I'm not saying there are NO Christian Republicans or Christian Democrats. I'm talking about the parties on the whole.)

2. I am NEITHER a republican nor a democrat. I think for myself and don't let a political party do it for me. I use the Bible as my guide in life, which includes politics.
It is always best to let God judge the faith of other people.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:29 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,465,943 times
I wish Obama would stop violating the United States constitution by using public office to push his religious beliefs. This is a secular country founded on reason, humanism, and respect for all beliefs, and our president should respect that by not pushing his religion in official speeches.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is always best to let God judge the faith of other people.
Matthew 7:15-20, “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them."

I could shave my head, wear an orange robe, chant and claim to be a Hare Krishna. But, unless I'm LIVING OUT their beliefs, I would be a fake. By my deeds (fruit), they would know I was not a true Hare Krishna. I would be damaging their name and what they truly stand for.

It's the same with Christianity. That's how we know that Obama is not a true Christian.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Matthew 7:15-20, “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them."

I could shave my head, wear an orange robe, chant and claim to be a Hare Krishna. But, unless I'm LIVING OUT their beliefs, I would be a fake. By my deeds (fruit), they would know I was not a true Hare Krishna. I would be damaging their name and what they truly stand for.

It's the same with Christianity. That's how we know that Obama is not a true Christian.
'

I don't think ANYONE sees Obama as a prophet. If he says he is a Christian, then why is it important for someone to claim otherwise? The Bible says 'do not judge'. Is he a born again Christian? I don't know, but if he is not, then I will allow God to judge him. And same goes for Bush, who also claimed to be a Christian, and same goesfor any US politician. Some of them are true believers, while some others simply call themselves Christians, because US is a Christian country and most American identify themselves as Christian.

It is funny how a person like Obama is attacked if he does not mention God on thanksgiving, and then he attacked again by the same people when he does mention God the next week. Go figure.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:19 AM

134 posts, read 169,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
President Obama's overtly Christian message at Christmas tree lighting:
Obama delivers very Christian message at Christmas tree lighting – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs
Thanks for posting this, Heartsong! I know that the traditional “Christmas Season” was borrowed from Roman Paganism, yet I’m drawn to any message that honors Jesus’ Example and Teachings, no matter WHO speaks them. Personally, I think it’s nice that President Obama brought this message regardless of his religious affiliation. It’s the words that have the potential to bring Life! Merry Christmas!

Old 12-04-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
'

I don't think ANYONE sees Obama as a prophet.
They did when he was running for president. "Prophet" was a common term used by his supporters. So was "savior." He was literally being hailed as the second coming.

Quote:
If he says he is a Christian, then why is it important for someone to claim otherwise?
If I claimed to be a member of your family, would it be important for you to claim otherwise?

Quote:
The Bible says 'do not judge'.
This has got to be THE most misquoted and misused verse in the Bible. When people use this verse, they become hypocrites because they themselves are judging the person they're saying it to. What they're REALLY saying is, "Don't say anything against this person that I like or what I believe!"

Matthew 7:1 is where it says to "Judge not, that you may not be judged." As the context of this verse reveals, this does not prohibit all types of judging. That's evidenced a few verses later, in vs 16, that I quoted earlier: "You will know them by their fruits." You can't do that without making a judgment.

There is a righteous kind of judgment that Christians are SUPPOSED to exerise with careful discernment. John 7:24 says, "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.” Matthew 7:1 is talking about hypocritical, censuring, self-righteous, and other kinds of unfair judgments that are forbidden; but in order to fulfill the commandments that follow, it is necessary to discern dogs and swine (vs 6, “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.") from fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, evidenced in verses 3-5.

Quote:
Is he a born again Christian? I don't know, but if he is not, then I will allow God to judge him. And same goes for Bush, who also claimed to be a Christian, and same goesfor any US politician. Some of them are true believers, while some others simply call themselves Christians, because US is a Christian country and most American identify themselves as Christian.
I agree. God is not fooled and will sort it all out in the end. But, we are commanded to know how to discern and to perform righteous judgments. The judgment made here is simply this: Obama has publicly mocked the Bible and Christians. His political and personal stances do not align with the scriptures definition of what it is to be a Christian. It's not wrong to point that out.

Quote:
It is funny how a person like Obama is attacked if he does not mention God on thanksgiving, and then he attacked again by the same people when he does mention God the next week. Go figure.
The reason Obama is being called out for this is because he's constantly sending mixed signals regarding his faith, scripture, Christianity and Islam. It's understandable for people to openly wonder where he really stands because of all that.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:42 PM

[quote=plain and simple;21981007]They did when he was running for president. "Prophet" was a common term used by his supporters. So was "savior." He was literally being hailed as the second coming. [\quote]

I never, ever hear any of his supporters refer to him as any kind of spiritual leader. This is the first time I hear the "prophet" term, and I have heard the "saviour"being used only by his opponents and they do it only to mock him. If you have links to show his supporters talk about him as a spiritual leader or compare him to Jesus christ, then let's see those links here. I think people like you judge his faith only because you do not like him being president. Am I right? Why else would you care? Since your judgement is politically motivated, I don't see how you can call it "righteous" judgment.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-04-2011 at 08:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity