Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 04:56 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,617 times

Advertisements

How do you incorporate your religious beliefs into your daily life.
How often do you pray? Do you pray at every meal, at dinner only, do you keep your prayers in your mind?

Do you read The Bible every day? Do you have a daily devotional book, or do you receive daily devotional emails?

Do you have a daily devotional book or website that you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 05:53 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
1. How do you incorporate your religious beliefs into your daily life.

Well, I don't incorporate any religion in my life. I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the moment I wake up, His Spirit begins my day in my heart with a song, a scripture, or even the way to find an answer to something I had been thinking, questioning about.... it doesn't matter what but my thoughts are always woken with Him in them....
I have no set rules of how to walk with my Lord Jesus !! I let Him be the beginning of my new day.....

Now, once I have waken up enough, made some coffee, turn my computer on..... I will read the scripture and sometimes with a devotional book I've had for many year's. It has a devotion for each day of the year....... and I mediate on what the Lord is speaking to me through His word or the devotional book or both.....

As I believe with all my heart.... the Lord is my Shepherd each and every day and He begins laying me down in green pastures, leading me beside quiet waters, He continuously refreshes my soul and He definitely guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake to learn and find His new mercies every new day He tarries in my life.

Some days He leads me to dig deeper in His word, studying deeper something He is showing me and other's times just reading the scripture brings a rest and peace to carry me through out my day.....

2. How often do you pray? Do you pray at every meal, at dinner only, do you keep your prayers in your mind?

I call prayer, communicating, talking with the Lord Jesus on a continuous basis.... I'm always talking to the Lord (and getting back wonderful responses from Him)... it is I believe what the scripture calls praying without ceasing.....

I'm always all through out my day asking for His guidance, protection, etc..... There is always something in my thoughts about Him.... especially thankfulness, gratitude for Him being in my life and what He has done for many people and myself !!

He'll bring people to my heart to ask for salvation for those who do not know Him, family, friends, people I really don't know, like the grocery clerk the day before He will bring to my heart to pray for and a lot of times He will bring a specific person, situation to my thoughts and will pray for His will to be done in it.... it can be a number of things, yet, the communication with Him is never turned off, it is always open to Him in my mind and heart and He is always talking to me !!

3. Do you read The Bible every day? Do you have a daily devotional book, or do you receive daily devotional emails?

See above to question #1

4. Do you have a daily devotional book or website that you recommend?

I like to tell people to keep in the word of God and He will give you a devotion for that day... amen !!

Blessings to you in this day of our beautiful Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, looking4answers12 !!!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 01-05-2012 at 06:03 AM..

Old 01-05-2012, 08:22 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/377408_306925029346868_100000881205886_894855_1292 757347_n.jpg (broken link)...this is my beautiful, 3 year old grand daughter, Teagan JoAnna. At 3 months old, she was found to have been born with Juvenile Scoliosis (curvature of the spine). She was fitted with a brace right away, and has been in one ever since. She straightened out a little with the brace, but they found that the brace was not enough...so she has been in a body cast, from her underarms down just below her hip bones (she is in one now under her beautiful dress...look at that precious smile).

They put her under every few months to cut the old one she has on, off, and replaces it with a larger size...and they will continue to do this until she is 6 yers old, then they will surgically place a rod that cranks (while she is under anasthesia) on her spine, that will grow with her as she grows......she is in constant pain..."It hurts mommy" she says to my daughter, her mommy. "Pain medicine please mommy"...she says to her mommy when she hurts real bad......she wouldn't walk due to the pain...she wouldn't dance...or twirl...like she always used to do...until....

...until she received this beautiful red, sparkling dress for her birthday (Dec.7th) from her grandma...when she opened it, she said to her mommy, "Put on now!"...and when my daughter put the dress on her...she got up from the sofa and skipped...danced and twirled...in her pink Ballerina Slippers......forgetting about her pain...sigh.....my Princess.

I pray every day...first thing before I even get up out of bed...and the last thing before I go to sleep.....and all throughout the day...about everything. I talk to God all day long...about everything. I read my KJV Bible...and my 1611 Version too...I have stacks and stacks of studies and notes filed...I love dedicating my entire life to serving the LORD in any capacity I can...I do live for Him...24 - 7.

I pray to God often about my family...my little baby girl Teagan...just everything...and He gives me peace...and hope...He quiets my soul...I am so thankful for everything....just everything . He never puts more on us than He knows we can handle . Amen.

God Bless,
Verna.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:27 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...this is my beautiful, 3 year old grand daughter, Teagan JoAnna. At 3 months old, she was found to have been born with Juvenile Scoliosis (curvature of the spine). She was fitted with a brace right away, and has been in one ever since. She straightened out a little with the brace, but they found that the brace was not enough...so she has been in a body cast, from her underarms down just below her hip bones (she is in one now under her beautiful dress...look at that precious smile).

They put her under every few months to cut the old one she has on, off, and replaces it with a larger size...and they will continue to do this until she is 6 yers old, then they will surgically place a rod that cranks (while she is under anasthesia) on her spine, that will grow with her as she grows......she is in constant pain..."It hurts mommy" she says to my daughter, her mommy. "Pain medicine please mommy"...she says to her mommy when she hurts real bad......she wouldn't walk due to the pain...she wouldn't dance...or twirl...like she always used to do...until....

...until she received this beautiful red, sparkling dress for her birthday (Dec.7th) from her grandma...when she opened it, she said to her mommy, "Put on now!"...and when my daughter put the dress on her...she got up from the sofa and skipped...danced and twirled...in her pink Ballerina Slippers......forgetting about her pain...sigh.....my Princess.

I pray every day...first thing before I even get up out of bed...and the last thing before I go to sleep.....and all throughout the day...about everything. I talk to God all day long...about everything. I read my KJV Bible...and my 1611 Version too...I have stacks and stacks of studies and notes filed...I love dedicating my entire life to serving the LORD in any capacity I can...I do live for Him...24 - 7.

I pray to God often about my family...my little baby girl Teagan...just everything...and He gives me peace...and hope...He quiets my soul...I am so thankful for everything....just everything . He never puts more on us than He knows we can handle . Amen.

God Bless,
Verna.
She's a cutie. That is a very sad story, but there is hope. Praise YHWH God! No more tears in his Kingdom.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:05 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
well, i walk with the lord throughout the day. I do pray when i am inspired too. i try not to pray at the same time all the time. i dont pray everynight because i dont want it to get ritualistic. Plus if i spoke to Him throughout the day what else can i say. Now there are nights where i do pray. This month i turn off the radio in my car and it gives me lots of time with God. I am in constant communication with Him. I do read the bible often, but i also read other things to go along with it. Most of the time i dont just read it, i prefer to study it. Although it takes longer, i Learn more and more of who God is. the websites i ususally get some deep info from at
bible-truths.com dont forget the dash.
Concordant Expositions (html format)

Associates for Scriptural Knowledge Hope this helps.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
She's a cutie. That is a very sad story, but there is hope. Praise YHWH God! No more tears in his Kingdom.
Thank you lee...and Amen to the hope we have IN Him. \o/ Hallalujah !

Old 01-05-2012, 06:18 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Verna, your grand-daughter is beautiful and her smile is very charming.

Some people are just born that way with a great outlook on life. Even though her life has some difficulties, it looks like she has the attitude to be thankful for the good things that life gives her - even if it is just a beautiful new dress. Your daughter must be very proud of her.

Kids are wonderful, aren't they?

I'm glad your religion gives you so much comfort, because that is what religion is supposed to do.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Verna, your grand-daughter is beautiful and her smile is very charming.

Some people are just born that way with a great outlook on life. Even though her life has some difficulties, it looks like she has the attitude to be thankful for the good things that life gives her - even if it is just a beautiful new dress. Your daughter must be very proud of her.

Kids are wonderful, aren't they?

I'm glad your religion gives you so much comfort, because that is what religion is supposed to do.
Oh thank you so much hiker ...she is beautiful isn't she ? ...and sooooosweet and loving...she melts me .

My daughter and son-in-law LOVE this baby...they are such good parents, I couldn't be more proud of them...and yes...kids are the BEST !

I know some day she will stand straight and tall...my LORD's love gives me great hope and peace...no matter what.

God Bless you hiker,
Verna.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:37 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
I have been thinking about your grand-daughter, Verna, and I hope things work out very well for her.

I bet her beautiful smile is a reflection of a good positive attitude that will help her be thankful for the many good things in life, unlike some people who only think of their misfortunes and always feel sorry for themselves.

Isn't it wonderful to see your daughter being a good parent? We feel the same about our children.

Bob

Old 01-06-2012, 07:50 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
My daily time with God now include a prayer for little Teagan..This is the Chrisrtianity forum and that is one thing we are in agreement with....prayers/devotionals and empathy for our brothers and sisters prayer needs.

As for myself..I do not burden myself with set routines or times to spend with God. I am pretty much in communion with him most of my day as I know He is very near to my heart and knows my needs and my thoughts before I am aware of them..

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-06-2012 at 09:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity