Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 08:30 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxjonz View Post
The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict the world of guilt in regard to loss of Jesus' caused by bloodshed when he was crucified. The only Way into the kingdom of God is by the faith of confessing directly to God that you are truly sorry Jesus lost his life by bloodshed when he was crucified.
Either you obey God this Way or you surely perish. As I said it is your misunderstaning that needs the improvement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It appears that the death of Jesus was brought about through human volition, given the political and religious powers of the day. Although at the same time, Jesus was fully aware that his message and what he represented to the status quo would ultimately lead to a violent death. Thus, his life was an issue in setting the captives free from the bondage of the established sects. But his death was not divinely foreordained as a penal substitution, whereas, there is no greater love than to lay one's own life down for that of another! Many are fixated on Jesus' death, and will accept nothing but the blood of Jesus, as "they know not, what they do." Although, there is only ONE whose undeniable innocence (not an ordinary victim) was able to change the process of scapegoating (a slaughterhouse religion having a carnivorous diet). And it is a saving act of God; a victory over the powers of this world (men) and a defeat of death, reversing it through his Life and Resurrection. The cross may, indeed be, the centerpiece of the Christian religion, but it is not God's altar. Rather, it is the gospel which was/is/will end all bloodshed, not that of merely exchanging victims (bulls and goats for that of Christ as a substitution). It was a sacrifice to end all sacrificing.

But I am not sure, if this is what you mean?
Quote:
Some what close but not exactly. The crucfixion of Jesus' is only a benefit to an individual who has the faith to confess of it as a sin caused by bloodshed. There is no other Way for the individual to enter God's kingdom.
In an important sense cxjonz points to a necessary change in understanding the crucifixion of Christ. It was NOT payment to God. It was NOT required by God. It was entirely the result of our sins (ignorant savage nature) in rejection of the truth about God as revealed by Christ. Our species IS guilty of scourging and crucifying Him because of our sinfulness. This in no way is intended to endorse any of cxjonz's other beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 09:03 AM

299 posts, read 263,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
In an important sense cxjonz points to a necessary change in understanding the crucifixion of Christ. It was NOT payment to God. It was NOT required by God. It was entirely the result of our sins (ignorant savage nature) in rejection of the truth about God as revealed by Christ. Our species IS guilty of scourging and crucifying Him because of our sinfulness. This in no way is intended to endorse any of cxjonz's other beliefs.
Our species, all the naturally born, is not held accountable for the sin of Jesus' crucifixion. What we all are held to unilaterally is the standard that requires each of us to state an appology directly to God in regard to the loss of Jesus' life caused by bloodshed. Those who refuse to confess that they are truly sorry Jesus' lost his life by bloodshed when he was crucified disobey the Law of the Spirit and for disobeying this law no forgiveness is possible. It is not the responsibilty of God to save you. It is your responsibilty to save yourself by the faith of using what Jesus Christ has perfected by his crucifixion. There are no exceptions.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:40 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Our species, all the naturally born, is not held accountable for the sin of Jesus' crucifixion. What we all are held to unilaterally is the standard that requires each of us to state an apology directly to God in regard to the loss of Jesus' life caused by bloodshed. Those who refuse to confess that they are truly sorry Jesus' lost his life by bloodshed when he was crucified disobey the Law of the Spirit and for disobeying this law no forgiveness is possible. It is not the responsibility of God to save you. It is your responsibility to save yourself by the faith of using what Jesus Christ has perfected by his crucifixion. There are no exceptions.
"There is no love without forgiveness, and no forgiveness without love; for what power has love, but forgiveness."

He will rectify the misguided in due time. Which happens to include you, for there are no exceptions.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"There is no love without forgiveness, and no forgiveness without love; for what power has love, but forgiveness."

He will rectify the misguided in due time. Which happens to include you, for there are no exceptions.
In due time we will shortly see. But I'll be a hell chute greaser for those who say that they love God but refuse to obey him in regard to sin of crucifying his only begotten son. No one will, can or has loved his way into the kingdom of God and on that day He will prove it.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
In due time we will shortly see. But I'll be a hell chute greaser for those who say that they love God but refuse to obey him in regard to sin of crucifying his only begotten son.
No one will, can or has loved his way into the kingdom of God and on that day He will prove it.
One foot in the grave, while the other stands on a banana peel.
Try not to slip!

“We will be carried to a higher place, even while we yet live.”

Old 01-10-2012, 09:39 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Yes, "listen."
Be still and know that He is God and we are not. We need to still not only our bodies but our mouths and minds. The mind....the bible does say that the tongue is the hardest thing to tame, and this is the only thing that I can be tempted to disagree with that's in bible. *(there are things I do NOT understand, but I really mean disagree, and yet it's not a huge point) I think the MIND is the very hardest thing to tame, well maybe it's impossible for us to tame it so the tongue is the hardest cuz at least that's possible to do?

We need to clean up that word "meditation" so that Christians will realize that there indeed is a christian meditation and it is simply "wordless prayer."

We cannot talk and hear anyone at the same time and we need to be silent to hear/receive from our Lord.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:22 AM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,277 times
Quote:
So then the scriptures have been translated by such a great number of translators and they have made so many many errors in what they translated that it is not possible to say with any acuracy what's true or false. But Super Soul apostle the two things that you cite are acurate, but anyother citation that you don't agree with are translator errors? Right?
Good question, Cxjonz.
My truth is different from your truth, because we each have unique perspectives, based on unique backgrounds & circumstances.
There is a reason why we have brains... to help us figure things out ourselves.

Too many try to make religion like a parent... telling them what to think, feel & do (or not to). When we're born, our survival literally depends on our caregivers (usually parents)... They are our gods. We look to them for what we think, feel & should do (or not). If we please them, we'll be ok, but if we don't, we feel unsafe. If we never really grow up, then when we move out & no longer have parents... we look for some - either in religion, friends, a spouse, etc.

The 2 points I made about scriptures... to me, are TRUTH...
That the only way we can feel/experience anything (including God/spirituality) is WITHIN us.
Also... when you love or hate someone... you are feeling love or hate within you, so essentially are doing to yourself whatever you're intending for others.
So, it makes sense to love others as ourselves. This also contributes to the community, which we depend on.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:23 AM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
Sometimes it's so hard to listen with all the noise going on around us.
Agreed.
My sister has this saying hanging in her house...
"Create quiet moments, for God whispers & the world is loud."

Old 01-11-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Good question, Cxjonz.
My truth is different from your truth, because we each have unique perspectives, based on unique backgrounds & circumstances.
There is a reason why we have brains... to help us figure things out ourselves.

Too many try to make religion like a parent... telling them what to think, feel & do (or not to). When we're born, our survival literally depends on our caregivers (usually parents)... They are our gods. We look to them for what we think, feel & should do (or not). If we please them, we'll be ok, but if we don't, we feel unsafe. If we never really grow up, then when we move out & no longer have parents... we look for some - either in religion, friends, a spouse, etc.

The 2 points I made about scriptures... to me, are TRUTH...
That the only way we can feel/experience anything (including God/spirituality) is WITHIN us.
Also... when you love or hate someone... you are feeling love or hate within you, so essentially are doing to yourself whatever you're intending for others.
So, it makes sense to love others as ourselves. This also contributes to the community, which we depend on.
Boowhowhowho! ["It is my background that is the cause of me disobeying the law of God."] I think every malcontent who is in jail uses your excuse, too. The kingdom of God is not within the contemptous malcontent who attempts to love his way into God's kingdom in contempt of the law he must obey to get into that kingdom.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:10 AM

322 posts, read 317,111 times
Quote:
Boowhowhowho! ["It is my background that is the cause of me disobeying the law of God."] I think every malcontent who is in jail uses your excuse, too. The kingdom of God is not within the contemptous malcontent who attempts to love his way into God's kingdom in contempt of the law he must obey to get into that kingdom.
what is the law of god? and what is it purpose?

when jesus came according to the bible.. he broke all the laws that the people followed,he taught love and peace but they killed him because it threatened their power.

what is it that threatens u that we speak of ?

there are over 30,000 different religion/denominations/sects.. who all say that they are the only/right way?

what makes u know that u are right over someone else..

i will never say that i am right and u are wrong..
we are all unique indiviuals who god s knows individually.

if we try to make someone follow our way we are the blind leading the blind..
LOVE is the way and i think that everyone can agree( correct me if i am wrong) from whatever religion u belong.. that is what jesus taught..LOVE. unconditional , not biased,on anything not race religion ,class ,not prostiutes, not tax collectors no conditions. he gave love and they recieved it and we changed. unconditional love frees us..we chanin ourselves by what we have done or what we with we have done wrong.. LOVE accepts u jsut as u are, no matter how bad u think it is.. it acceptss u no matter what religion u belong to...

are u acting from love? we have to ask ourselves that question and be honest with ourselves ,, this is the only way we will learn and grow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity