Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:33 PM

593 posts, read 890,563 times

Advertisements

Verna Perry said it all so I will just shut up this time.

Das
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 11:38 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
Verna Perry said it all so I will just shut up this time.

Das
...that's nice Das...

Old 03-28-2012, 11:46 PM

33,239 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I say lets get rid of the OT. It should not be in the Christian Bible. At best it should be used a historical book. It is time to bring back God to the 21st century.

BTW, why was Genesis edited to add a creation with a sabbath?

Genesis was already written when the concept of the sabbath was developed. So the Jews went back and re-edited genesis to include the sabbath. They also made a mistake and included two different ways to create Eve.

If the bible is the word of God it should not need editing.
Well then, it is a good thing that God is able to protect His word from people such yourself who would 'get rid of it.'

There is no mistake in the creation account. Genesis one is a summary. Genesis two then fills in the details concerning the creation of man.

Old Testament vs. New Testament - What are the differences?

Old 03-29-2012, 05:56 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
My name is Verna Perry. I am a 54 year old white female who was born of a mother and a father who resided in Florida...in the United States of America. They were both Methodist...as were my grandparents.

My first memory of a "Bible" and the understanding that it was the written, inspired "Word of God Himself" was when I was seven years of age. I went to Sunday school at the local Methodist Church, and sang in the youth choir...learned that Jesus loved me...yes he did...for the Bible tells me so...and Noah built a big boat that held a lot of animals and God sent a flood...and a dove came back with an twig fom an Olive Tree in its beak...from then till now spiritually I have evolved...grown...learned...matured...changed...I' ve become so much better a person than I could have ever imagined...and I did it through the words that I read in the King James Version of the holy Scriptures...Old and New Testament together...it is who I am...inside and out...and it does not matter to me that it is a "translation of a translation" It is MY truth. Maybe to you, it should matter...but to me it just doesn't.

It is MY Bible...My Canon...My Old Testament and MY New Testament...a complete WHOLE...and every single word of it is inspired by God...every single word of it...whether spoken in conversation between one apostle to another...or prophecy...God speaking through someone to us...it is all inspired and breathed into exhistance...and has survived unto this day under tremendous battles against it.

It is my love.

Amen.

...blessings,
Verna.
The thing about this post is that if Verna had been born in Syria of Muslim parents and grandparents she would be a devout Muslim who never knew Jesus.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
The thing about this post is that if Verna had been born in Syria of Muslim parents and grandparents she would be a devout Muslim who never knew Jesus.
I could have been born a chicken too..thank God He chose to create me into who He created me into !...someone who loves Him with all of her heart, strength and soul !

Old 03-29-2012, 06:37 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,792,616 times
Quote:
Well, the odds of "you" existing are trillions to one, and yet here you are!

Old 03-29-2012, 06:41 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,792,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
That's right ILNC. As recorded in Exodus 17:8-16 Amalek fought against Israel at Rephidim. The Amalekites continued to harass Israel as seen in Num 14:45; Judges 6:33; 1 Sam 14:48, 15:7 and 27:8 until they were finally destroyed by King David (1 Sam 30).

God destroyed Israel's enemies both to protect Israel and to punish the evil nations (Deut 7:22-26).
Yet He permitted the near extinction of His Chosen People in the death camps of the N..A..Z...I.. animals.........

Old 03-29-2012, 06:46 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cledussnow View Post
Do you believe the Bible is "inspired"?

So cledus ... it seems the question has been asked and answered. The question was if the Bible is inspired, and everyone in the thread agrees it is. They can't agree on what that means and judging by all the discussion that has taken place on this topic in other threads, it's obvious that you are not going to reach agreement across the board. But everyone understands what everyone elses position is, and why they think as they do. Imo, you can continue hashing this out forever, or people can agree to disagree and move on with actually studying the bible.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:16 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
[quote=Julian658;23620245] Moderator cut: orphaned
Moderator cut: delete
To me, study shouldn't be about trying to convince someone else that our position is the right one. That's what all the other threads on this forum are for. Seriously, if people believe the Spirit is faithful to guide and convict, then we can all relax and let the Spirit do it's job, while we enjoy sharing what we believe is true.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-29-2012 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: response to quoted post that has been deleted

Old 03-29-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Right, but since we're all aware of what we consider the weaknesses of positions other than our own on this subject, we can choose to simply accept that our responses to further study will fall in line with the position we each hold.

To me, study shouldn't be about trying to convince someone else that our position is the right one. That's what all the other threads on this forum are for. Seriously, if people believe the Spirit is faithful to guide and convict, then we can all relax and let the Spirit do it's job, while we enjoy sharing what we believe is true.
...well said Pleroo...I agree.

God Bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity