Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 11:38 PM

467 posts, read 467,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm a Protestant? That sure does come as news to me, and to every Protestant I know.
Protestants are IN PROTEST, against Jesus and his bride!

There were NO protestant or protestant churches for sixteen hundred years.. Not until the "De-Formation"!

Katzpur Martin Luther was a CATHOLIC.. He was a CATHOLIC Priest, he came from AMONG Catholic's, he was the first to protest!

This is scripture PROPHESY!!

2 Peter 2:1
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

This PROPHESY can't work in the reverse.. The Catholic Church was NOT AMONG Martin Luther!
Katzpur The Prophesy can only work in one direction...
Martin Luther was "AMONG" Catholic's!

This PROPHESY PROVES.. "Martin Luther the false teacher!!"

Katzpur This Prophesy PROVES.. The Catholic Church is "The Way Of Truth"!
It PROVES NO Protestant church can be; "The way of truth"! It is just this simple!

Christians believe the scriptures!
The man in protest must reject the scriptures!
Just as Luther rejected 2 Peter 2:1-2 you also must reject the Prophesy as a LIE from the mouth of God!

Martin Luther the first protestant said.. "Satan is the head of the Catholic Church"!
Luther had to reject scripture to say what he did!

Scriptures tell you; As they told Luther
"Jesus is ALWAYS WITH his Church till the end of the age"!

Katzpur Luther "The Protestant" had to to reject the scriptures to say what he did.
Luther the father of all protestants had to think.. "Satan somehow overpowered Jesus and Satan TOOK Jesus' body from Jesus!"

Mathew 28:20
and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Katzpur Scriptures tell the CHRISTIAN.. Jesus is ALWAYS WITH the only Church he formed!
Jesus can't be with any protestant churches, he did not make any protestant churches!

All protestant churches are made by MEN, the first appeared at least sixteen hundred years AFTER Jesus formed the ONLY CHURCH he is ALWAYS WITH!!
>> ALWAYS WITH, to the very end of the age!!! <<
Katzpur Protestants must reject Matthew 28:20 or they have no protest!
They must reject the words of Jesus, to stay in protest against Jesus and his bride!
Katzpur Just as Luther rejected the scriptures, Luther' protege must also reject the scriptures!

Katzpur Yes you are protestant... QUESTION: Do you believe Jesus left his Holy Catholic Church for the thousands of your man made, protestant churches?!

Katzpur
>> Christians believe the scriptures!
Luther the father of the "De-Formation" is a a False Teacher!!

Dogknox
P.S. I made the question in "Lime Green" so you would see it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 03:12 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Can you give me just ONE scripture to show someone repenting in the afterlife. Surely, if this was to be the case, God would have given us at least ONE example of it.

Katie
Here you are, ma'am:

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: by which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

(1 Peter 3)

The souls of the OT who were disobedient also heard the gospel and believed.

"Hellfire" is the torment of a guilty conscience, and is "extinguished" when the person repents and believes in Jesus' Spirit.

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-25-2012, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
To continue in His teaching, you must speak/ spread what the son of man did and does. Hell is a translation of Gehenna. People do not understand where heaven is or where hell is, because their deeds are wicked.

Matthew 5:22
But I say to you that if you are angry with a brother or sister, you will be liable to judgment; and if you insult a brother or sister, you will be liable to the council; and if you say, "You fool,' you will be liable to the hell of fire.

Matthew 5:29
If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away; it is better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Matthew 5:30
And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to go into hell.

Matthew 10:28
Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 18:9 NR
And if your eye causes you to stumble, tear it out and throw it away; it is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and to be thrown into the hell of fire.

Matthew 23:15
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cross sea and land to make a single convert, and you make the new convert twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.

Matthew 23:33
You snakes, you brood of vipers! How can you escape being sentenced to hell?
The apostles didn't do what you say they did. They did not preach hell. No mention of it. Peter mentioned "the grave" once. Talk of judgment, of righteousness. But no talk of hell. None.
Same with Paul's letters.

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-25-2012, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
ahigherway Yes and all CHRISTIANS believe the scriptures!
"ETERNAL FIRE" is scriptures!

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

41 "Then the King will say to those on his left, 'Go away from me. You will be punished. Go into the fire that burns forever that was prepared for the devil and his angels.

Revelation 19:20
And the beast was taken, and the false prophet that [was] with him, who wrought the signs before him by which he deceived them that received the mark of the beast, and those that worship his image. Alive were both cast into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone;

Revelation 20:14
and death and hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, [even] the lake of fire.
15 And if any one was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.

ahigherway NON-Christians want to make up for themselves what is true and what is not!!

In other words...
The NON- Christian will say: "I will believe what I want and reject the rest!!!"

Again CHRISTIANS Believe the scriptures!

Dogknox
I don't reject the scriptures. I reject the orthodox interpretations of them.

I am more convinced that hell is a condition of the soul, and a guilty conscience. Not a mysterious place that no one has ever seen before.

The apostles didn't preach hell. They preached "what they have seen and heard." Hell was not part of that message.

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-25-2012, 03:59 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I can proclaim Christ and salvation to people without hell.

I can praise God and the gift of His Son without hell.

I can tell people how God changed my life without hell.

I can encourage my brothers and sisters to follow after righteousness and peace, and to love God, without hell.

In fact, hell is quite useless in the Gospel that I have come to know through Jesus.

And I can see by reading my Bible that the early Christians felt the same way.

Blessings to everyone (with no hell added),
brian
It is also worth noting that throughout the entire Old Testamant scriptures that the threat of eternal hell was never used against the children of Israel, even at their worst, sacrificing their own kids and stuff to the fire, a thing that had never entered the mind of God, because God does not think like a man, yet they try to poison our minds to justify God eternally tormenting folk in the lake of fire with "God's ways are higher than ours",are you kidding me ?.

His ways are higher than ours because He does not stoop to the level the way a man thinks.

The teaching of hell is anti Christ.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:16 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,272,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Eternal torment =
The most ridiculous and evil concept mankind has ever come up with.

And mankind takes it a step further by attributing this sick idea to our beautiful Creator..who IS...LOVE.

Yes God is love!

But God is also about judgement and justice.

Katie

Old 04-25-2012, 05:18 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,298 times
Quote:
Yes God is love!

Katie
Even human beings are capable of forgiving the most vile of sinners. Parents sometimes forgive their child's murderer, for example, and I've heard them say this when the murderer didn't even ask for forgiveness. How is it that some people think human beings are more merciful and capable of forgiveness than God? Name one person who you think deserves to be set on fire forever with no chance of ever escaping....name one.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Katie, this is the doctrine of the immortal soul, which is false. It is the same lie Satan originally told - "You will not surely die."

The bible tells us God alone is immortal. Do you believe that? Its from the same bible where you get your information from.
You make a great point. It seems that many people don't understand what immortality is. It means that you can no longer be mortal or mortally wounded, injured, etc...

If everyone has immortality then it means that being in a lake of fire would do no harm to you. Furthermore, in no place in the Bible does it mention immortality being taken away. So immortality is something gained not already in possession.

It seems that many are forgetting the understanding that sin is debt and the wages of sin is death. To be tormented for the rest of eternity would require receiving life forevermore.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:47 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow.
Eternal torment =
The most ridiculous and evil concept mankind has ever come up with.

And mankind takes it a step further by attributing this sick idea to our beautiful Creator..who IS...LOVE.

Quote:
Yes God is love!

Katie

What does that have to do with what I said?
Please explain.

God's judgments and justice is rooted in what He is: LOVE.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:01 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Jesus and the 12 clearly taught and warned about hell. In their warnings, they also gave definition to it.
'
Lk 16:22 "The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried.
Lk 16:23 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.
Lk 16:24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
Lk 16:25 "But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.
Lk 16:26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.

Mt 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
Mt 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Destruction sounds like a bad ending, doesn't it.

Mt 25:46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life

So, you see, hell, hades, are all here in the Bible, clearly defined and warned about to all.

He who has ears, let Him hear. God keeps His word. He does not lie. Jesus words are truth. And just as He promises to keep his promises of salvation, we can be sure He will keep his promises of damnation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity