Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 03:55 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
All mankind will turn back to God one day. Not Scriptural.
All mankind will believe one day.
All mankind will bow and confess He is Lord one day.
All mankind will swear allegiance to Christ one day. Not Scriptural.
All mankind will praise and worship Him one day. Not Scriptural.
All mankind will see God's salvation one day.
All mankind will be reconciled with God one day. Not Scriptural.
All mankind will be saved one day. Not Scriptural.
Well at least you agree all will believe one day and all will bow and confess one day. That is scriptural. So is the rest.

All mankind will turn back to God one day. SCRIPTURAL!
Psalm 22:27 All the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
will bow down before him,

All mankind will swear allegiance to Christ one day. SCRIPTURAL!
NASB version
Isaiah 45:23 “ I have sworn by Myself,

The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

All mankind will praise and worship Him one day. SCRIPTURAL!
Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

All mankind will see God's salvation one day. SCRIPTURAL!
Luke 3:6 And all people will see God’s salvation.

All mankind will be reconciled with God one day. SCRIPTURAL!
Col 1:16
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

All mankind will be saved one day. SCRIPTURAL!
1 Tim 2
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Its all right there jimmiej! So I return your right back to you

Its good news!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 03:57 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Right! God bless and peace.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:00 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Originally Posted by legoman

Quote:
Yes jimmiej ... and why is that?

Because the alternative to it (being scriptural) is like hop-scotch to the truth.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by ShanaBrown
The earth will perish but it will be changed.

Quote:
Only because it will be indwelled by God

So will all people. Jesus is to fill all things, JimmieJ. He is to be all in all one day.

Ephesians 4
7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 Therefore [a]it says,
“ When He ascended on high,
He led captive a host of captives,
And He gave gifts to men.â€

9 (Now this expression, “He ascended,†what [b]does it mean except that He also [c]had descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.)

1 Corinthians 15
20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. 21 For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in [h]Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, 24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 27 For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, “ All things are put in subjection,†it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him. 28 When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all

God bless and peace.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Originally Posted by legoman

Yes jimmiej ... and why is that?

Because the alternative to it (being scriptural) is like hop-scotch to the truth.
Who's playing hop-scotch? You?

I guess you can't see the verses I posted.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
But that is not the ultimate end
So, our difference of opinion boils down to the bolded. Since you don't believe Luke 16:26 is literal, I guess we're at a stand-off.
John 3:36 cannot refer to that as the ultimate end, otherwise God's wrath would continue to abide on us all as we were all unbelievers. You asked me so "God's wrath will not remain"? It only remains as long as we are unbelievers. That is what John 3:36 says. I asked you, why does God's wrath not remain on you because you were an unbeliever? And the answer is you became a believer. So will all else. So no, God's wrath does not remain. It ends (Rev 15:1, Mic 3, Isa 57:16 etc).

Regarding Luke 16:26, why would you think the parable is literal?
Do you think people in heaven can talk to those in hell?
Do you think people are literally burning in physical fire in hell?
Do you think someone who is being tormented in fire could carry on a conversation?
Why would he only ask for a drop of water if he was on fire? Wouldn't he ask for a fire-hose?
Do you think our fate is determined by whether we are had many things (like the rich man) or had few things (like Lazarus)? Where is mention of belief in Christ?
Why is this the only place in the whole bible where "Abraham's Bosom" is mentioned? Can we make a doctrine out of one reference?

These are questions that must be asked if you think Luke 16:26 is literal.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:26 PM

148 posts, read 134,631 times
Here is another question (for those who believe in eternal torment) that I hope will generate some more discussion (after the following Bible passage from Matthew)

"And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shall be brought down to hades: for if the mighty works that have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, IT WOULD HAVE REMAINED UNTO THIS DAY. But I say unto you, that it shall be MORE TOLERABLE for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee" (Matthew 11:23-24)

How can you absolve the justice of God in His dealing with Sodom IF your view on eternal torment is correct? Jesus plainly tells us that IF Sodom had the light and advantages that Capernaum had, IT WOULD HAVE REPENTED! But they did not know of God and His Truth, and did not witness the mighty works done by Jesus at that time in history. That light WAS WITHHELD from them, through no fault of theirs, and they perished in their sins and are, according to you, lost and burning in Hell.

Why did they not have that light? Why did not Sodom have as good a chance for salvation as any other class of human beings? The truth is, they did not, as Jesus plainly declares, and now their doom is sealed and they are hopelessly lost, according to the popular view that YOU hold. Jesus tells us that IF they had as good an opportunity as others THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN SAVED! How can you reconcile this case with justice on the ground of your everlasting hellfire theology?

Also, if the judgment is the same for the people of BOTH of these cities - eternal damnation in hell-fire, according to you - then Christ's promise that it will be "MORE tolerable" for the people of Sodom than it will be for the people of Capernaum in the day of judgment is meaningless; is it not? Please explain.

(Please answer using Scriptural documentation)

Old 06-22-2012, 09:16 AM

Good post. God bless and peace.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:37 PM

21 posts, read 19,047 times
First I have to say, it's great to be able to talk with so many believers who seem filled with love. I've tried different churches around here and they all seem the same and ready to chop your head off in the parking lot. I've talked to ALOT of family, friends, strangers about my newfound "hell doesn't exist" and it seems like nobody wants to listen to me. I've never seen so many people that didn't believe in hell....it's refreshing and I just wanted to say thank you guys and gals, brothers and sisters for making me feel more confident in scripture.

But I have a BOMBSHELL to reveal about the story about the rich man and Lazarus. Yes indeed, it was a parable and I have proof. Jesus quoted directly out of the pagan book the Talmud that the Pharisees taught and held just as high as the OT. Before it was written down it was called tradition of the elders I believe. Now why would Jesus quote a pagan book and teach it? To mock the Pharisees!! How great is that!! He was mocking the Pharisees in attendance by showing in a parable the changing of power that would occur by using their own pagan talmud scriptures against them. Imagine if 10 muslims showed up to your church and sat front row, and your preacher/pastor started talking about 72 virgins-that each weighed 300 lbs!! Here are a few direct quotes from the Talmud that Jesus used.....

“There are wicked men, that are coupled together in this world. But one of them repents before
death; the other doth not; so the one is found standing in the assembly of the just, the other in the assembly of
the wicked. The one seeth the other and saith, Woe! and Alas!”
Midrash on Ruth, fol.44, 2; and
Midrash on Coheleth fol.86, 4)

Chagigah, fol.77. Treatise on Exodus xxiii 17 tells of a good man and a wicked man
that died; the good man walked in gardens, and by pleasant springs, but the wicked man
suffered
“with his tongue trickling drop by drop, at the bank of a river, endeavoring to touch the water, but
he could not”.

And Midrash on Coheleth 103. 2 speaks of how the fires of the afterlife and paradise
are supposedly “a hand-breadth” apart from each other, and how the Rabbis say they are so
close to one another, that they may see out of one into the other.”
Going to Abraham’s bosom” at death was a concept and phrase straight out of the
Talmud. For example, here is a quote from the Juchasin, fol.75, 2, a long story about what
Levi said of Rabbi Judah, speaking of the day he died:
This day he sits in Abraham’s bosom”.
And in Midrash Echah, fol.68. 1 the Talmud tells the story of a woman whose son was
about to die, who told him,
“Go thou, my son, to Abraham my father, and tell him: Thus saith thy
mother, Do not thou boast, saying, I built an altar, and offered my son Isaac. For thy mother hath built seven altars, and offered seven sons in one day"etc. So we see that this concept of dying and
“going to Abraham’s bosom” consciously (being able to think and speak in death, and talk
to other dead people) is pure paganism, from the pagan Babylonian Talmud.

Another phrase and concept found in the Pharisees’ Talmud was the idea of being
“carried by angels” at death. In Jesus’ story, Lazarus was “carried by angels to Abraham’s
bosom”. This was another direct quote from the Talmud!

Old 06-22-2012, 04:53 PM

21 posts, read 19,047 times
The link in my OP doesn't seem to be working? Lets try this again.

Hell, Eternal Punishment and Conscious Death Are Not In the Bible! Proof here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity