Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 06:14 PM

3 posts, read 5,393 times

Advertisements

I'm sincerely interested in knowing this, so I'd really appreciate serious answers, please. I really don't know where to find the real answer in the Bible. I know Jesus said that we're going to be like the angels in Heaven at least regarding the fact that we won't be given in marriage. However, why would we need to eat there if we're going to be immortal without needing food to stay alive?

I wrote in the title that I'd like to think physical sex isn't there since it has perverted so much of society, but what's wrong with other romantic affection if you're in love with someone?

Thank-you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 06:23 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,691,053 times
it will be a brotherly -sisterly type of love,not romantic.and as far as I understand,we won't *need to eat,it will be for pleasure/social reasons only.(wedding feast comes to mind).

Old 02-13-2011, 10:38 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times
No there will not, that is part of the "old order of things" that will pass away. Sex was only approved within the confines of marriage between husban and wife. Those who are not in error of knowing scripture, know that there will be no marriage in heaven.

He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!”

Old 02-13-2011, 10:43 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
If you can't have a pleasurable experience, why bother?

Old 02-14-2011, 05:32 AM

the funny thing is,(or weird thing is,whichever you prefer)is that once all things are made new,once WE are made new,our relationship with God/Jesus will be enough,and we won't even miss these former things,as we won't desire them anymore.Our focus and our 'pleasures' will be entirely different,once we are made whole and in step with God.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:46 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,370,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHUX5cWD View Post
I'm sincerely interested in knowing this, so I'd really appreciate serious answers, please. I really don't know where to find the real answer in the Bible. I know Jesus said that we're going to be like the angels in Heaven at least regarding the fact that we won't be given in marriage. However, why would we need to eat there if we're going to be immortal without needing food to stay alive?

I wrote in the title that I'd like to think physical sex isn't there since it has perverted so much of society, but what's wrong with other romantic affection if you're in love with someone?

Thank-you.
Hi NHUX5cWD,
I think your question is very good, and very valid.
Of course, we do not know exactly the experiences which we will be able to know when we leave our fleshly bodies.
At the same time, we read in many places that God desires for us to be One with Him. The Scriptures say that "he who is joined to the Lord is one Spirit with Him."

So there is a type of intercourse, not sexual as we know it, but probably a very wonderful bond which has nothing to do with lust, selfishness, pride, etc. Love is only good, not what is "peddled" in the world today as love.

He knows us intimately already, and whatever experiences He will lead us into, it is not something one "forces" upon another. Love does not harm anyone, it does no evil; in fact, it thinks no evil.

I think He will make things work out within all of us, in a way in which there will be Love for everyone; a Love which you cannot find among humans right now.

Blessings!
brian

Old 02-14-2011, 06:02 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,044,013 times
Really..... Sex in heaven......

I am speechless at this thread.......

Old 02-14-2011, 06:33 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Really..... Sex in heaven......

I am speechless at this thread.......
I'm not that surprised about this thread. My sister-in-law (a devout church-goer) once said to me she hoped there would be sex in heaven because she wasn't getting any on earth. I did feel shocked by her statement. But I reckon that was the voice of frustration speaking.

I don't think there will be sex in heaven - certainly not the earthly kind. Not because I think sex is bad. But we won't need it.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:06 AM

indeed,our focus will be different there.so many ppl forget that God ordained marriage and sex for the purpose of a close,intimate relationship w our spouse,and for procreation,the two very things we will not be in need of in the next life,(at least not a close physical relationship with our spouse),as we will no longer procreate.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:26 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If you can't have a pleasurable experience, why bother?
No disrespect, but a comment like this comes from a lack of understanding of how glorious God is. We as humans, without the Holy Spirit, have no way of understanding how big God is. But, if you think about it long enough you should be able to at least understand a little. I mean seriously, were talking about God here, who has no beginning or end or limit to how big He is. Then think about who He is. He says His glory is His goodness and His kingdom is a kingdom of Joy! Think about your senses and emotions. Don't you feel joy every now and then. Just like the feeling of sex or other emotions that "He is responsible for creating". Well, were in a fallen state right now so what about when all things are restored? Our senses and emotions are going to be off the charts, and then add the complete revelation of Himself to that. And remember, were talking about the Almighty GOD!!! The one who's mighty angels that surround His throne cannont stop saying Holy Holy Holy. Do you think those angels are sitting there going, "oh God, how long do we have to do this?" "Whens break time for crying out loud?" Of course not. The reason they can't stop is because they are in the fullness of His revelation. It's accually Him giving them something.

There is nothing wrong with good feelings! He created those feelings and in fact like I said He calls His kingdom the Kingdom of JOY!!! There is no way we can understand the depths of what that is going to be like. All we need to do is believe Him. That should be the easiest thing for us to do. Believe the Almighty God is obviously an absolutely perfect being. If you don't believe Him that's the opposite choice of what He was hoping you would make, therefore telling Him you don't even want to go to Heaven. That's how this all works down here. It's your choice right now. In order for love to exist you have to have a choice.

I really do hope you make the right choice. Won't you come in with us and fellowship with the Father, and with His Son?

Blessings to you today in the name of Yahushua. I pray for the Holy Spirit to have His way in your heart today and help you understand.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity