Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2012, 01:37 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,382,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimaroon View Post
No I don't hate my children but because i love them, I discipline them. God isn't doing evil to us he is teaching us right from wrong.
Discipline, I agree with.

However when one does the will of the Father one is not disciplined.

And the rape of children, sin and evil have nothing to do with Gods discipline of His children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
No I don't hate my children but because i love them, I discipline them. God isn't doing evil to us he is teaching us right from wrong.
So do you teach you children to sin so you can disciple them and teach them sin is wrong?

Old 06-24-2012, 01:39 PM

303 posts, read 430,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Discipline, I agree with.

However when one does the will of the Father one is not disciplined.

And the rape of children, sin and evil have nothing to do with Gods discipline of His children.
No, God's discipline is death

Old 06-24-2012, 01:41 PM

let's get back to Eve. if she had no sin within her how could the devil tempt her to sin....the devil tempted Christ and he didn't sin!

Old 06-24-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
you will know them by their fruit. So I will answer....God did not create Eve a good tree, if he did Eve would not have disobeyed God. She would have produced good fruit...obedience.

Kinda like Christ...he was made of the Spirit not of the earth and he always obeyed his Father.
Eve on the other hand was created from the earth. The same earth that God created in darkness.
So when God looked at all He created and said it was VERY good He was not including Eve it that statement.

Eve was wheat, the enemy (devil) sowed the tares among the wheat, NOT God.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
No, God's discipline is death
Sorry but the wages of sin is death.

Gods discipline is to LIFE.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
So when God looked at all He created and said it was VERY good He was not including Eve it that statement.

Eve was wheat, the enemy (devil) sowed the tares among the wheat, NOT God.
And God did not say that until the sixth day...the day before the Sabbath when he also said now let us make man in our image. Until the Sabbath day we are not yet created in the image of GOD we are created in the image of the earth; the flesh

Old 06-24-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
let's get back to Eve. if she had no sin within her how could the devil tempt her to sin....the devil tempted Christ and he didn't sin!
Just because one is tempted to sin does not mean one has to sin. Jesus proved that point.

It is not a sin for a bird to land in your hair, the sin comes from letting it build a nest.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"I form the light; and create evil."
A shift of emotion, creates a transference of blame from one person or thing to that of another.

"It's the Woman, you gave me."

Old 06-24-2012, 01:50 PM

Back to Eve...Eve was tempted by the devil because she already had sin within her. This is how God wanted her to be so that he could show her what was in her heart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity