Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

And has He ever moved from where He lives ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 12:00 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
I'll take a stab..

He is indwelling in us. He has moved as he was not always indwelling.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:17 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,024,985 times
Lord Jesus said in Matthew 6: 9 ..``Our Father which are in Heaven``... See the Father God is in Heaven , and also Jesus is is right inside of the Father God , and Holy Spirit is in the earth and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and Father God and Jesus inside the Father are also in the Holy Spirit as God lives inside people who have received Jesus and His Spirit .... Make sense ? .... See God is so Big that when Moses asked God who You are God could not even give Him a clear answer. as the Lord Said ..`I AM That I AM`.... which is beyond logic of the natural ideas , and has agnostics ideas up in arms putting God in a small box.....The Lord God can also go and tell a unbeliever a ideas for Gods purpose , only if Christians ask forgivness for the sins of the unbeliever...

Old 02-16-2012, 04:23 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Who knows - God might have limitations..and travel trillions of light years in seconds to the most distant part of existance - It MIGHT take him a while to get back to check on his little settlement called earth...who knows - maybe the guy travels a lot..or maybe he has taken it upon himself to die for a while and be non-existant...then later come back to life...kind of like a father that is not appreciated and takes off - to teach us a lesson....God is a mystery..but I am sure that if he wants..he can disappear and leave us totally alone...I suggest you ask papa to come home.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:28 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I'll take a stab..

He is indwelling in us. He has moved as he was not always indwelling.
Could it be that God gave us such power..that when we stop believing in him - he stops existing? Why should he believe in us when we not in him..? It could be a two way street - a great mutual vibration..that runs back and forth...If you ask the question - Did he create us or did we create him...? It does not matter...God gave godly gifts to humanity...if we are his children..then we should be like him in time - but it seems that we are too ungrateful to our father...and by NOT believing in him - we limit ourselves from being like him..kind of like nasty orphans..who bite the hand that feeds them - causing the hand to retract.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
They said unto him, Rabbi, where do you dwell?

John 1:38

Have we found out yet ?

He wants to show us

He saith to them, 'Come and see

John 1:39

Old 02-16-2012, 05:47 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
Isaiah 57:15
For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

2 Corinthians 12:2
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Science has concluded we live in a Finite Universe due to thermodynamic laws. A finite universe suggests boundaries in the macrocosm. God resides in eternity outside the dimension of time and space which is outside of the universe in the Third Heaven dwelling in Mount Zion.

Isaiah 8:18
Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:52 PM

337 posts, read 409,254 times
He is above the stars, in the North.

Isaiah 14: 13 For you said to yourself,
'I will ascend to heaven and set my throne above God's stars.
I will preside on the mountain of the gods
far away in the north.

Leviticus 1:11 Slaughter the animal on the north side of the altar in the LORD's presence, and Aaron's sons, the priests, will splatter its blood against all sides of the altar.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:27 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,989 times
He dwells in New Jerusalem.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:05 PM

434 posts, read 685,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
God is in the minds of the people who believe in God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity