Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 10:03 AM

303 posts, read 430,563 times

Advertisements

I say this with the deepest affection for each of you, but going back and forth really isn’t getting any of us anywhere. I would imagine that many of us are dug in to whatever we believe, so all of this seems futile, everyone is just throwing Bible verses and doctrines at each other and I think we can agree that we could pretty much take a verse and make it fit both sides of the debate. Let us try something different and see if we can move a little closer together in understanding the truth.

Let us all put aside for the moment every doctrine. I myself am not a Fundamentalist nor am I a Universalist. I believe in Christ. At the end of the day, I think that we can all agree that we all don’t believe everything within our own religious sects. I personally don’t believe everything taught by those preaching God will save everyone even though I myself believe God is saving everyone and I don’t believe everything taught by those who believe God is only saving a few, even though I once believed that myself.

Remember Christ warned us by saying: Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees. I think we all have a bit of the yeast and yeast like cancer spreads through the body and if not removed it kills.

Let us remove the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees that we may see clearly the LEAVEN OF BREAD (THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST).

Matthew 16: 6 & 12
Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but the doctrine of the Pharisees and the Sadducees.

Let us start instead from the very core of who God is and when he first created the heavens and the earth and work our way through His Word and not religious doctrines. Let us agree that any points made are backed up by God’s Word and not our own personal belief.

I believe that if we start from the very beginning we will begin to see that we agree on much more things than we disagree, the rest we can iron out.

Can we try that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 10:10 AM

14,886 posts, read 17,170,876 times
Hi Cimaroom, I believe that it does go somewhere. We have tried this but this topic has been going on since I've been a member here. Just type it in the search feature and you will see! It keeps popping up and I believe that it may be informative to those who may be seeking. I am so thankful that these forums exist where we can share and study, and grow in many ways. When I grew up, the only thing that I knew about was eternal hell, and it took me over 3 years to realize and accept that what I had been taught all of those years was in error. How many people have had nervous breakdowns or even committed suicide due to the teaching, for example. And I don't how many people have said to me that they have never heard of the belief in the eventual restoration of all to God. Some do not even accept those who may not agree with them on this topic as believers and many of us don't even agree on core beliefs as presented in God's word. We have talked about this before. And some of the beliefs are an integral part of our faith. And so I share when I can and trust that God will use it for His glory. I do believe that we can be more civil when it comes to discussion on some threads. God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-24-2012 at 10:26 AM..

Old 06-24-2012, 10:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
I am not sure why alternate beliefs such as ur are allowed on a Christian discussion forum, but as long as they are, Christians are encouraged to expose false teachings.

It is too bad the same talking points are repeated over and over and over creating "fruitless discussion", which keep people away from more fruitful topics.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Cimaroom, I believe that it does go somewhere. We have tried this but this topic has been going on since I've been a member here. Just type it in the search feature and you will see! It keeps popping up and I believe that it may be informative to those who may be seeking. I am so thankful that these forums exist where we can share and study, and grow in many ways. When I grew up, the only thing that I knew about was eternal hell, and it took me over 3 years to realize and accept that what I had been taught all of those years was in error. How many people have had nervous breakdowns or even committed suicide due to a teaching like this? I don't how many people have said to me that they have never heard of the belief in the eventual restoration of all to God. Some do not even accept those who may not agree with them on this topic as believers and don't even agree on core beliefs as presented in God's word. And so I share when I can and trust that God will use it for His glory. I do believe that we can be more civil when it comes to discussion on some threads. God bless and peace.
Hey Shana, I totally agree that it is imformative for those who may be seeking but for those who are on opposite ends of the spectrum, the back and forth isn't going to convince anyone to jump ship and come to the other side which is what I see many trying to do. I don't believe you are one of those for what I have seen from you it seems more like you are truly trying to share what God has shown you with others. I personally have not seen you condemn anyone. I wanted to see if we could put aside our doctrines and explore God's word when he first created us to see if we can come a little closer together in understanding.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I am not sure why alternate beliefs such as ur are allowed on a Christian discussion forum, but as long as they are, Christians are encouraged to expose false teachings.

It is too bad the same talking points are repeated over and over and over creating "fruitless discussion", which keep people away from more fruitful topics.
Christian Universalism is a Christian belief. This can be shared because many don't know this. People are welcome to participate or not on the threads. New topics can always be started and people can participate if they choose too, right? God bless and peace.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Christian Universalism is a Christian belief. People are welcome to participate or not. New topics can always be started and people can participate if they choose too, right? God bless and peace.
That's right!

Old 06-24-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I personally have not seen you condemn anyone. I wanted to see if we could put aside our doctrines and explore God's word when he first created us to see if we can come a little closer together in understanding
Thanks, Cimaroon. I am willing. God bless and peace.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:42 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,391,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Fin did you know that the creed you hold so tightly to was presided over by Universalists.

Seem to me if we (us Universalists) are not Christians then you should not be holding so tightly to the creed that Universalist presided over.

So if Universalism is not allowed on a christian forum then neither should be anything that deals with the creed you hold so tightly to, which pretty much means everything you believe should not be allowed on a christian forum.

Around and around and around we go.

Christ should be the center of what we believe, not men or the doctrines or creeds of men.

After all Christian simply means follower of Christ.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmyler View Post
So where we start.......Genesis?
Genesis is perfect!

Can we all agree that God is the only Creator? No other can create but him.

If we can agree with that, can we also agree that God creates evil even though he himself does not have evil within him? Remember there is only one creator, and no one can create but him.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:53 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,391,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimaroon View Post
Genesis is perfect!

Can we all agree that God is the only Creator? No other can create but him.

If we can agree with that, can we also agree that God creates evil even though he himself does not have evil within him? Remember there is only one creator, and no one can create but him.
No we cannot all agree to that. God does not create evil.

Sin is a creation and God did not create sin for sin is of the devil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity