Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 01:09 PM

292 posts, read 934,123 times

Advertisements

HI Taylor,
You've already gotten loads of great responses from other posters. What I want to share is that I also changed from being a Catholic.
In the Catholic faith I learned to genuflec (sp?), fold my hands a certain way, say these prayers, etc.
But now I see the way I pray or do anything where God is concerned is so personal. Between He and I!
God knows your heart. He knows you want to do what is right by him. He will guide and teach you himself!
Thoughts that came to me as I read your post was that some good books along with the bible would come in handy for you. I see others have listed a few. You may also want to go shopping in a Christian bookstore and pray for God to lead you to one! Look for what interests you. There is such an abundance of good Christian literature and other forms of teaching. If you want to look some books over you can go to Amazon.com. (not my site LOL)
Also listening to a Christian radio station helps and encourages me greatly!
Your not alone and your not the first person to be asking such questions. I think we've all been there to one degree or another. (for me I am still learning too)
I am so sure our heavenly Father is just beaming that you would want to be closer to him!!! He loves you!!!
God bless!
Jean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 01:13 PM

292 posts, read 934,123 times
Default As an afterthought

I also wanted to add...don't be afraid to step out in the things of the Lord. If you make mistakes, or should I say WHEN you make mistakes the Lord will let you know it. He's very gentle and kind when he corrects. He has taught me that mistakes are very good tools for learning.
I hope for the best for you!
Jean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity