Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 03:03 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times

Advertisements

Yes, anyone can be tempted. No temptation comes to us that is not common to man, according to the scriptures. This type of temptation tends to send me into instant panic mode, so it's not like I don't realize there is danger. I know when the panic alarm goes off I need God's help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 06:26 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
I was asking generally, yes I have had personal experiences similar....and I have not succumbed. Thank God and he provided a way out. I left the church and concentrated on my husband and God. But it was a severe, painful time for me. So, I am not asking for advice, because I have overcome, through Gods Grace. But I am more understanding now, of those in similar situations. Hence, the question. Beware Christian, you think you will not face sexual temptation? You probably will at some point. Prepare for it. It took me completely by surprise. I never flirted, never dressed inappropriately, always been faithful.....it was literally a WHAM moment out of nowhere. If it can happen to me....well, it can ceratainly happen to anyone. I thank God that the wisdom from friends, Gods word....helped me through it and god also provided a way of escape. But, I just wanted to know what you would do....and it sounds as though you would do the same as me......leave church, concentrate on God and marriage. What a painful time it has been for me. Terrible trial. But, God is Good!!!!
God bless you! You did the right thing!

Old 09-02-2012, 06:45 AM

407 posts, read 829,759 times
Being tempted is not a sin, itself. Even Christ faced temptation. It's how you deal with it and overcome it, that counts

Old 09-03-2012, 07:53 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,838 times
And overcoming is not easy!

Old 09-05-2012, 03:11 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
You are a Christian...you are married to a husband/wife who is nasty/alcoholic/waster/spiteful......you don't love your husband or wife anymore. You can cope with that...trusting God for his love. Then WHAM you fall in love with someone AT YOUR CHURCH! You never ever flirted iwth this person, you in fact didn't really talk much to this person...but you have been going to the same church for 3 years or more and have worked alongside them.

Its totally unexpected!!! Like Cupids Arrow...you feel something happening to that person also. Like Chemistry....you suddenly cannot stop thinking about this person....you feel like you love them. Your loveless marriage was one thing. Now you are IN LOVE (thats what it truly feels like) with someone at your chiurch. The church you love and are deeply involved with.

If you are a pastor....what do you do?? LEAVE? Or do you stay and try to cope. If you are a member of the congregation...what do you do? Leave? Avooid that person?

But its no good. Your feelings are still there and you have tried to fight it.

So, would you as a Christian...leave your wife/husband, leave the church???? What would you do?????
Geez

Why Jenna, why?

Why are you still with this man?

You left him back in May - you took steps in the right direction to change your life and protect your kids.

What happened??

Did you let him mess with your head again and convince you that 'God' expects you to continue to live with such an abusive man?

HE MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT.

You are in immediate need of the help of good therapist.

PLEASE, PLEASE seek this help, if not for your own sake, for the sakes of your kids - they are counting on you!

You haven't "overcome" and "God's grace" has had nothing to do with it - you sound like you are in total denial

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...band-last.html

Old 09-05-2012, 03:21 PM

566 posts, read 1,107,483 times
It is never easy. Met mine in 1978. Married 1984. Been living in Hell on Earth since that day. I know I stood my ground as much as I could but I am going to stop living in hell. I am not going to excuse his bad treatment of me anymore.

I filed a month ago. Attorney on retainer.
We will be getting the date for the provisional hearing, soon.

Good luck to you jennaflorie with your decisions. I hope you find peace, soon.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Geez

Why Jenna, why?

Why are you still with this man?

You left him back in May - you took steps in the right direction to change your life and protect your kids.

What happened??

Did you let him mess with your head again and convince you that 'God' expects you to continue to live with such an abusive man?

HE MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT.

You are in immediate need of the help of good therapist.

PLEASE, PLEASE seek this help, if not for your own sake, for the sakes of your kids - they are counting on you!

You haven't "overcome" and "God's grace" has had nothing to do with it - you sound like you are in total denial

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...band-last.html

He is being good as gold....he really has seemed to change...honestly......even his dad has said its like having a new son. I will never ever ever put up with bad behaviour again. Ever!!!! He has not sworn at me, he has been a new man. Honestly. I am so grateful for all your advice......I really really appreciated it, in dark times I turned to you people and poured my heart out and I am and always will be grateful. I did leave him and I am so glad I did. I watched my hubby to see him, if he had truly change....his own family have noticed a difference, big difference,...and it was what he needed......separation, to wake him up. But, this other guy, came along when i was rock bottom with my husband. I truly fell for him, I have only felt like this about 1 other guy. But, I have to make a choice.......I know it seems insane to choose someone who was abusive....but he has made efforts to prove he has changed, marriage is sacred as a christian....but its hard....to think about what could be with this other guy. Not that he has told me to my face that he loves me....but the chemistry was there....and his body language told me what he felt....which was the same as me. Its just been a traumatic time. My hubby knows......I aint taking any rubbish....any more.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:09 PM

OK......heres what happened........

Married an abusive man
Put up with his crazy behaviour for 20 years.
Rock bottom - massive chemcial reaction/love thing for other man in church
Catalyst for change - left hubby.
Hubby repentant.
I did not believe. Felt I torn towards this other man.
Screwed my head up....so left Church, felt it was disrespectful to be in church, married woman, loving another man.
Hubby had massive wake up call, felt a Spirtual event occuring in him....when HE was at rock bottom.
Hubby changed! His own father was shocked, said it was a different Son. My dad, my family noticed big change.
I eventually, slowly took him back....watching warily!!!!!!
Hubby has kept his word. No swearing, no abuse, being kind, helpful, coming to church, loving.
Me - kept away from other guy.
He is still on my FACEBOOK.....please someone, give me advice abou this....should I delete him? Can I be friends?
Don't want to hurt other guy.
Choose marriage, I made Vows...BECAUSE of this massive change in a hubby I NEVER thought would happen.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER will I put up with the nonsense I tolerated....for 20 long years. I wish I had left him sooner. Why did I wait.

Grateful, loving, sincere thanks to all those who helped me. You will never know how much I cherished and needed those words of wisdom...and I really did listen....I didnt change my husband....GOD did.....who else could have.!

Old 09-06-2012, 12:49 AM

Oh dear. Silence.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:27 AM

550 posts, read 984,620 times
God would not want you to be in an abusive marriage. Your husband can claim to have changed just as The Devil can claim to be harmless an angel ,but we all know its not the truth. Your husband is truly the devil in sheeps clothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity