Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 06:44 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK4J View Post
I don't believe you! I think your wrong and the scripture means just what it say's.
It doesn't matter what you think. God's word, read and understood in the Light of the
Spirit of Truth is all that does matter...and you are an unbeliever...unable to know truth when it stands right in front of you, because truth is veiled from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Luke 18:11-15

King James Version (KJV)

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Praise the Lord!

Eternal life is not a reward for good living. It is a free gift to the undeserving sinner when they come to God through Christ. Rewards will be awarded for faithful in Christ however resulting in inheritance.

No one will be in heaven by their ability to get there. We are all as the thief on the cross. Hands and feet tied helpless to help ourselves in the manner. We only have to humble ourselves and ask Christ to save us. It is God's model of his Grace.

More dangerous than attempting to get to heaven by living a sinless life is our Pride which keeps us from receiving God's undeserved free gift of grace recognizing we are sinners that deserve damnation.
One thing is for sure...we shall see.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:15 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Verna,
I know you well enough to know that when you are using colored fonts is mostly done when you seem frustrated that you're not being heard. I can assure you that isn't the case from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
He has taken nothing away from someone who still lives and commits sin. You are so very, very wrong. Read on...
Verna,
yes or no:
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29
Do you read any stipulation of that based on human activity of any kind.

Quote:
1 Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed..
Verna,
Did he bore our sins or our ability not to sin on the tree?
A: Jesus did not die for those who have the ability to not commit a sin.

Quote:
Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

Christ's Sacrifice did nothing for the one who still committs willfull sin.
Verna,
Acts 3:19 does not conclude that.
The person who does not repent is the one who believes she\he has no sins to repent of. They see no need to be refreshed that comes from repentance. That is the plea of Acts 3:19

Christ's sacrifice did do something .... it took away the sin of the world, willful or unwillful for that is why Jesus said "it is finished".
However, Christ's sacrifice does nothing to the one who rejects what Christ's sacrifice did.

Christ's sacrifice does nothing to those who try to obtain justification via obedience to the law.
If justification can be obtained via obedience to the law, then Christ died for nothing.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:29 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter what you think.
Everyone's thoughts matter, Verna.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Verna,
I know you well enough to know that when you are using colored fonts is mostly done when you seem frustrated that you're not being heard. I can assure you that isn't the case from me.
Thank you twin. ...and you're right about why I use the colored fonts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin
Verna,
yes or no:
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29
Do you read any stipulation of that based on human activity of any kind.
John 1:29, which states: "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." fully supports the passage I offered in Rom 3:25, which states: "...Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;..." Again twin...NOTHING...Absolutely NOTHING in John 1:29 changes what is said in Romans 3:25...they fully support one another.

God did send His Son to die on the cross for the sins of the world...and Jesus Christ did die on the cross to pay for the sins of the world...He paid for the remission of sins that are past. He died once...which was sufficient enough...but when someone suppossedly accepts His Sacrifice with words spoken...and they didn't mean it...they did NOT truly repent of their sins if they only turn back to commit them again and again...that is not true repentance twin ! It is not ! ...and therefore...those sins are not forgiven by the shed blood of Jesus Christ when He Sacrificed His life on the cross that first and last time ! One cannot place Him upon the crossover over and over again to pay again for the sins they continue to commit ! One cannot repent and sin, repent and sin, repent and sin, repent and sin, repent and sin, repent and sin...and expect that Jesus Christ's Sacrifice covers them...that is certainly NOT the case, and you know it.

You just CANNOT NOT SEE that Romans 3:25 and John 1:28 mean exactly what they say...and that they fully support one another. There is absolutely no contradiction here.

God is glorified to pardon all who depend on the atoning sacrifice of Christ. He takes away the sins of the world; purchases pardon for all the REPENT and BELIEVE and DO what is told us to DO in the gospel...not just what we pick and choose out of it to do that we like.

Romans 3:25 and John 1:28 encourages our faith...if Christ takes away the sin of the world, then why not my sin? He bore sin for us, and so bears it from us. God could have taken away our sin...by taking away the sinner instead...just as He took away the sin of the "old world"...but here is a way of taking away sin while sparing the truly pure in heart, repentive, changed sinner...by making His Son sin...that is, a sin offering for us. This should...when we think upon Jesus taking away sin...cause us to hate sin...and resolute against it ! NOT hold fast to that which the Precious Lamb of God came to take away.

This is the stipulation twin. We each, as individuals, have a responsibility twin.

Quote:
Verna,
Did he bore our sins or our ability not to sin on the tree?
A: Jesus did not die for those who have the ability to not commit a sin.
Jesus bore the sins of world...to all those of the world who turn to Him and forsake their sins...those who accept His Sacrifice by believing in Him and obeying His word...and His commandments are Top Priority...all Ten of Them. They are that which binds an everlasting covenant between Him and those who Do them.

Sin...those who die in them...will not enter into the Kingdom of God.

Quote:
Verna,
The person who does not repent is the one who believes she\he has no sins to repent of. They see no need to be refreshed that comes from repentance. That is the plea of Acts 3:19
Are you kidding? You cannot be serious. So, what you're saying is, because they don't think they have sinned, and see no need for repenting, means they have not sinned and need not be concerned about repenting ? Really ? Seriously ?

Acts 3:19 states: "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

Quote:
Christ's sacrifice did do something .... it took away the sin of the world, willful or unwillful for that is why Jesus said "it is finished".
However, Christ's sacrifice does nothing to the one who rejects what Christ's sacrifice did.

Christ's sacrifice does nothing to those who try to obtain justification via obedience to the law.
If justification can be obtained via obedience to the law, then Christ died for nothing.
...whew...talk about someone talking out of both sides of their mouth...unbelievable...so which is it then twin...?

NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT JUSTIFICATION COMING FROM OBEDIENCE TO THE LAW. THAT...BEING ABLE TO OBEY THE LAW OF GOD...IS PURELY BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Everyone's thoughts matter, Verna.
Not if they THINK I am wrong about what was and was not nailed to the cross. Just because he THINKS I am wrong does not make God's word say anything other than what I am saying He is saying...which is truth.

What he thinks does not change truth one iota.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:21 AM

376 posts, read 419,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Verna,

Quote:
Are you kidding? You cannot be serious. So, what you're saying is, because they don't think they have sinned, and see no need for repenting, means they have not sinned and need not be concerned about repenting ? Really ? Seriously ? .
Who has been given much is much required of.
The law is no longer set in stone but written on the heart.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
All sins, past, present, and future, were judged at the cross (Rom. 8:3; Heb. 10:12). Not just pre-salvation sins. That is why pre-salvation sins are forgiven at the moment of faith alone in Christ alone (Acts 10:43; Acts 26:18)
This post is the direct opposite of many of your other posts Mike.

How can all past sins be forgiven if those sinners died long before Jesus walked the earth?
Quote:
Faith alone
Yes, but that's faith/kneeling after death. A concept you strongly reject.

So there are basicly two choices:
- All includes believing people that died after about 30AD.
- All is really all and extends all the way back to Adam and Eve.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Who has been given much is much required of.
The law is no longer set in stone but written on the heart.
Same law...same commandments..the ONLY difference is that they are written upon the hearts of those who DO them.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:47 AM

Keep in mind there are two sets of laws.
The laws Moses recieved directly from God.
Laws added by the Levites.
Obviously the law against for example murder wasn't done away.
So, for me, it's a fact not all laws were nailed to the cross.
I think it are laws added by the Levites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity