Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 05:47 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Hos 2:1 Say to your brothers, A people; and to your sisters, Mercy.
Hos 2:2 Strive! Strive with your mother, for she is not My wife, and I am not her husband. Therefore, let her put away her harlotries from her face, and her adulteries from between her breasts,
Hos 2:3 that I not strip her naked and set her out as in the day that she was born, and make her as the wilderness, and place her like a dry land, and kill her with thirst.
Hos 2:4 And I will not have pity for her sons, for they are the sons of harlotries.
Hos 2:5 For their mother has prostituted herself; she who conceived them has acted shamefully. For she said, I will go after my lovers who give my bread and my water, my wool and my flax, my oil and my drink.
Hos 2:6 Therefore, behold, I will hedge your way with thorns, and I will wall up her wall, that she shall not find her paths.
Hos 2:7 And she shall follow after her lovers, but she shall not overtake them. And she shall look for them, but she shall not find them. Then she shall say, I will go and return to my first husband, for then it was better with me than now.
Hos 2:8 For she did not know that I gave her grain and wine and oil, and I multiplied her silver and the gold they prepared for Baal.
Hos 2:9 So I will return and take My grain in its time, and My wine in its season. And I will take back My wool and My flax she uses to cover her nakedness.
Hos 2:10 And now I will reveal her shamefulness to the eyes of her lovers, and not a man shall deliver her out of My hand.
Hos 2:11 I will also cause all her joy to cease, her feast days, her new moons, and her sabbaths, and all her solemn feasts.
Hos 2:12 And I will destroy her vines and her fig trees, of which she has said, They are my rewards that my lovers have given me. And I will set them for a forest, and the beasts of the field shall eat them.
Hos 2:13 And I will visit on her the days of the Baals in which she burned incense to them. Yea, she adorned herself with her nose rings, and her jewels, and she went after her lovers and forgot Me, says Jehovah.
Hos 2:14 Therefore, behold, I will lure her and bring her to the wilderness, and speak to her heart.
Hos 2:15 And from there I will give her vineyards to her, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope. And she shall answer there as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.
Hos 2:16 And at that day, says Jehovah, you shall call Me, My husband; and you shall no more call Me, My Baal.
Hos 2:17 For I will take away the names of the Baals out of her mouth; and they shall no more be remembered by their name.
Hos 2:18 And in that day I will cut a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the birds of the heavens, and the creepers of the ground. And I will break the bow and the sword, and the battle out of the earth, and I will make them to lie down safely.
Hos 2:19 And I will betroth you to Me forever. Yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in mercy, and in compassions.
Hos 2:20 I will even betroth you to Me in faithfulness. And you shall know Jehovah.
Hos 2:21 And it shall be in that day, I will answer, says Jehovah. I will answer the heavens, and they shall answer the earth.
Hos 2:22 And the earth shall hear the grain, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel.
Hos 2:23 And I will sow her to Me in the earth. And I will have mercy on No Mercy. And I will say to Not My People, You are My people! And they shall say, My God!

I do not see anything in here that states that it will be restored during the Millenium....I see a prophecy of hope here...
...thank you for this post brother Richard...it being the second one I read this morning...has set my day of many blessings in the Lord...this being the first...God's holy word is so precious and so very beautiful.....as I read Hosea...my heart swells within me with love.

God Bless you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 05:51 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Remember the Lord's prayer.. Father forgive us our debts..."?

The Our Father I was taught was:

"Forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who trespass against us"

Old 08-31-2012, 05:58 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Remember the Lord's prayer.. Father forgive us our debts..."?

The Our Father I was taught was:

"Forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who trespass against us"
Good Morning CSD610

It is written as both...depending upon which version of the Bible you read it from...

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
And forgive us our debts, just as we also forgive our debtors.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Weymouth New Testament
and forgive us our shortcomings, as we also have forgiven those who have failed in their duty towards us;

International Standard Version (©2008)
and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us

God Bless you.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:39 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Good Morning CSD610

It is written as both...depending upon which version of the Bible you read it from...

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
And forgive us our debts, just as we also forgive our debtors.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Weymouth New Testament
and forgive us our shortcomings, as we also have forgiven those who have failed in their duty towards us;

International Standard Version (©2008)
and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us

God Bless you.
Someone should teach that to the IRS....

Old 08-31-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
It was exactly that which was nailed to the cross.
Where does it state that the Law was nailed to the Cross?...

Old 08-31-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...thank you for this post brother Richard...it being the second one I read this morning...has set my day of many blessings in the Lord...this being the first...God's holy word is so precious and so very beautiful.....as I read Hosea...my heart swells within me with love.

God Bless you so much.
You are welcome...And, 'thang you, thang you very much, a-aw-haw!'...

Old 08-31-2012, 10:26 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Hos 2:1 Say to your brothers, A people; and to your sisters, Mercy.
Hos 2:2 Strive! Strive with your mother, for she is not My wife, and I am not her husband. Therefore, let her put away her harlotries from her face, and her adulteries from between her breasts,
Hos 2:3 that I not strip her naked and set her out as in the day that she was born, and make her as the wilderness, and place her like a dry land, and kill her with thirst.
Hos 2:4 And I will not have pity for her sons, for they are the sons of harlotries.
Hos 2:5 For their mother has prostituted herself; she who conceived them has acted shamefully. For she said, I will go after my lovers who give my bread and my water, my wool and my flax, my oil and my drink.
Hos 2:6 Therefore, behold, I will hedge your way with thorns, and I will wall up her wall, that she shall not find her paths.
Hos 2:7 And she shall follow after her lovers, but she shall not overtake them. And she shall look for them, but she shall not find them. Then she shall say, I will go and return to my first husband, for then it was better with me than now.
Hos 2:8 For she did not know that I gave her grain and wine and oil, and I multiplied her silver and the gold they prepared for Baal.
Hos 2:9 So I will return and take My grain in its time, and My wine in its season. And I will take back My wool and My flax she uses to cover her nakedness.
Hos 2:10 And now I will reveal her shamefulness to the eyes of her lovers, and not a man shall deliver her out of My hand.
Hos 2:11 I will also cause all her joy to cease, her feast days, her new moons, and her sabbaths, and all her solemn feasts.
Hos 2:12 And I will destroy her vines and her fig trees, of which she has said, They are my rewards that my lovers have given me. And I will set them for a forest, and the beasts of the field shall eat them.
Hos 2:13 And I will visit on her the days of the Baals in which she burned incense to them. Yea, she adorned herself with her nose rings, and her jewels, and she went after her lovers and forgot Me, says Jehovah.
Hos 2:14 Therefore, behold, I will lure her and bring her to the wilderness, and speak to her heart.
Hos 2:15 And from there I will give her vineyards to her, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope. And she shall answer there as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.
Hos 2:16 And at that day, says Jehovah, you shall call Me, My husband; and you shall no more call Me, My Baal.
Hos 2:17 For I will take away the names of the Baals out of her mouth; and they shall no more be remembered by their name.
Hos 2:18 And in that day I will cut a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the birds of the heavens, and the creepers of the ground. And I will break the bow and the sword, and the battle out of the earth, and I will make them to lie down safely.
Hos 2:19 And I will betroth you to Me forever. Yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in mercy, and in compassions.
Hos 2:20 I will even betroth you to Me in faithfulness. And you shall know Jehovah.
Hos 2:21 And it shall be in that day, I will answer, says Jehovah. I will answer the heavens, and they shall answer the earth.
Hos 2:22 And the earth shall hear the grain, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel.
Hos 2:23 And I will sow her to Me in the earth. And I will have mercy on No Mercy. And I will say to Not My People, You are My people! And they shall say, My God!

I do not see anything in here that states that it will be restored during the Millenium....I see a prophecy of hope here...
It is not in that passage that the reestablishment of the Sabbath day in the Millennium is found, but in other passages such as Isa. 66:23. Not only will the Sabbath be observed in the Millennium, but so will the feast days and animal sacrifices. But the animal sacrifices will be done as a memorial rather than efficacious (Zech 14:16-21). They will not be done for the purpose of propitiation.

The Sabbath day is a perpetual covenant, an everlasting sign between God and Israel (Ex. 31:16-17). But for now, Israel has been set aside for the duration of the dispensation of the Church and there is no Sabbath day.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:47 PM

173 posts, read 135,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It is not in that passage that the reestablishment of the Sabbath day in the Millennium is found, but in other passages such as Isa. 66:23. Not only will the Sabbath be observed in the Millennium, but so will the feast days and animal sacrifices. But the animal sacrifices will be done as a memorial rather than efficacious (Zech 14:16-21). They will not be done for the purpose of propitiation.

The Sabbath day is a perpetual covenant, an everlasting sign between God and Israel (Ex. 31:16-17). But for now, Israel has been set aside for the duration of the dispensation of the Church and there is no Sabbath day.
There you go speaking the truth again. Your going to confuse some of these who have "fallen from Grace" and whom Christ is of no effect to.

Galatians 5:4
King James Version (KJV)
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:45 AM

381 posts, read 798,602 times
thanks Mike555 for speaking truth...

Old 12-14-2012, 05:59 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?

A diet of law set in stone kills us, the bread from heaven(spirit and life) came that we might have life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity