Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 04:18 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Why would a rich person loose money because they became religious ?
In the U.S.? Because our economy relies on unjust wars to function, so all that we do that's taxable contributes to the financing of terror and the well being of the U.S. war machine, which also victimizes innocent people worldwide.

One cannot claim to serve God in spirit but act in a way that serves Satan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 05:35 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
In the U.S.? Because our economy relies on unjust wars to function, so all that we do that's taxable contributes to the financing of terror and the well being of the U.S. war machine, which also victimizes innocent people worldwide.

One cannot claim to serve God in spirit but act in a way that serves Satan.
now i'm just confused.. just because you have alot of money doesn't mean you want war or in favor of it.. you may have been born into it or just raised with it. i don't get how that would make you serving satan..

when i said that secular nations do better and religious nations do poorer is because secular nations don't let 1000 year old text dictate their life.. where as religious nations do..no matter how stupid/outrageous/hateful they may be... to some countries letting women do what they please is considered very secular , however beating them into submission is quite religious.. even though it would help a society if women were treated equal.

but this is beside the point of what i was referring to.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
just because you have alot of money doesn't mean you want war or in favor of it.. you may have been born into it or just raised with it. i don't get how that would make you serving satan..
If someone inherits a lot of money and keeps it under a mattress, then I don't (currently) see that as actively serving Satan. However, if the money is engaged as capital, then it's contributing to U.S. terrorism and war. That's service to Satan.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:59 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
Quote:
If someone inherits a lot of money and keeps it under a mattress, then I don't (currently) see that as actively serving Satan. However, if the money is engaged as capital, then it's contributing to U.S. terrorism and war. That's service to Satan.
oh ok well i don't mean people who are funding wars or terrorism though.. however this is besides my original statement.. i was saying according to sociology people who are well off are not likely to be religious because their reasoning is would be why would i need a god , i have what i need, i have want i want, why would i try to get to heaven when i have my own heaven (of nice things)...where as poor people may feel a bit helpless, so they need something as big as divine intervention or this world is hell, let me be right in this world so i can be happy in the next

Old 10-07-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
oh ok well i don't mean people who are funding wars or terrorism though.. however this is besides my original statement.. i was saying according to sociology people who are well off...
I'm saying that you can't be successful in the U.S. without funding terrorism and war: it's part of being a U.S. citizen, and one's contribution to global terror and war increases with one's success in America. I don't think that is beside your point; it challenges the idea that one can be a Christian and have wealth. I think that that would be a terribly peculiar form of Christianity, one that allows for the destruction of the innocent in exchange for money.

Quote:
...are not likely to be religious because their reasoning is would be why would i need a god , i have what i need, i have want i want, why would i try to get to heaven when i have my own heaven (of nice things)...where as poor people may feel a bit helpless, so they need something as big as divine intervention or this world is hell, let me be right in this world so i can be happy in the next
Are you calling belief in a non-Christian higher power religious? If so, I found that a bit misleading, given the forum.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:16 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
1 John 4:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
Ok,but what does that scripture have to do with him loving everyone equally?

For example,everytime I try to serve him,there is always some obstacle put in my way.
Others whom I know,it just seems like they breezed into it without anything put in their way.

??????

Old 10-07-2012, 10:17 PM

You can be wealthy,and be Christian.

Not sure why that's a hard concept to grasp.
But that still is unrelated to the OP.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Ok,but what does that scripture have to do with him loving everyone equally?

For example,everytime I try to serve him,there is always some obstacle put in my way.
Others whom I know,it just seems like they breezed into it without anything put in their way.

??????
If it's easy, maybe they're not serving him.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
oh ok well i don't mean people who are funding wars or terrorism though.. however this is besides my original statement.. i was saying according to sociology people who are well off are not likely to be religious because their reasoning is would be why would i need a god , i have what i need, i have want i want, why would i try to get to heaven when i have my own heaven (of nice things)...where as poor people may feel a bit helpless, so they need something as big as divine intervention or this world is hell, let me be right in this world so i can be happy in the next
We were discussing Asians and why they become almost always successful,and one of the reasons given was because they believe one must do the best while on Earth,and they don't believe in an afterlife like Christians. Most are Hindus and Buddhists.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
If it's easy, maybe they're not serving him.
What I'm saying is like they were able to become Christians instantly.
In other words,they progressed fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity