Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 07:10 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Agape love is a state of consciousness energy with distinct characteristics which emulate our God. Producing it is why we exist, period. Christ abides with us so there is no chance we can equivocate between God and man. The kingdom of God is within us and love is its principle characteristic.
Without regard to the confusing phrasing found in this post, you're still not responding to the point made by the person whom you attacked. That poster suggested that a difference between God and man exists, and you have continued to suggest that there isn't a difference but haven't acknowledged that you see no difference between the two.

You are once again bullying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 07:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Without regard to the confusing phrasing found in this post, you're still not responding to the point made by the person whom you attacked. That poster suggested that a difference between God and man exists, and you have continued to suggest that there isn't a difference but haven't acknowledged that you see no difference between the two.

You are once again bullying.
Perhaps, you will explain the differences or lack of, without being so arbitrary?

Old 10-27-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Perhaps, you will explain the differences or lack of, without being so arbitrary?
I don't think being rational is arbitrary; it's the tool that we must use to guide our faith and righteous works, which lead to higher spiritual accomplishments, which improves our ability to accomplish works of greater and greater significance.

Accepting one's unchallenged intellectual limits, leaving our God given potential left untouched, is a great evil.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
I don't think being rational is arbitrary; it's the tool that we must use to guide our faith and righteous works, which lead to higher spiritual accomplishments, which improves our ability to accomplish works of greater and greater significance.

Accepting one's unchallenged intellectual limits, leaving our God given potential left untouched, is a great evil.
The rational man in my opinion lives by the 5 senses, the irrational man lives by faith.

The rational man says we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, the irrational man says Let us go up at once and take possession, for we are well able to overcome it.â€

What do you mean by higher spiritual accomplishments.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The rational man in my opinion lives by the 5 senses, the irrational man lives by faith.
Faith is just a conclusion of an inductive argument.

Quote:
What do you mean by higher spiritual accomplishments.
Justification, sanctification, and the crown of life; they are a few of the rewards that the Bible tells us that we may attain for our righteous service.

Last edited by The Homogenizer; 10-27-2012 at 08:56 PM..

Old 10-27-2012, 09:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Faith is just a conclusion of an inductive argument.
Then if you don't know how something is possible, what then ?.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Justification, sanctification, and the crown of life; they are a few of the rewards that the Bible tells us that we may attain for our righteous service.
Is what Jesus did ENOUGH to save you or anyone else?
So, your answer to the question is NO.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Then if you don't know how something is possible, what then ?.
Hypothesize.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:14 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
I attacked no one. I asserted that when we love each other we automatically love God because God IS love. You are asserting no difference . . . not me. I can only assume there is some major point behind this pursuit of trivial distinctions. Are children different from their parents? Are they not the same in important ways? We are the spiritual children of God destined to become spiritual adults. We do that by emulating God's spiritual love here on earth. We are justified and sanctified by following Christ's commands to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't, period. We DO that when we love each other. So again what's your point . . . and stop pretending I am bullying. I am witnessing and explaining, period.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Is what Jesus did ENOUGH to save you or anyone else?
So, your answer to the question is NO.
That was my answer in post 9:

Quote:
No, of course. No one claims that Jesus saved anyone; he gave us the opportunity to save ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity