Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 08:16 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
LOL. It looks that way, but it's not the case. You don't need to use that bullying tactic yet.
Then state what your position is and we'll go from there...you do know what your position is, don't you? If not, I will ignore your baiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 07:37 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Then state what your position is and we'll go from there...you do know what your position is, don't you? If not, I will ignore your baiting.
My position on God's judgment? God judges everything.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:51 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Is what Jesus did ENOUGH to save you or anyone else? YES or NO.
Getting back to my first post which started this thread, if you will read Romans 5:18,19 you will see that two men affected all mankind by what those two men did.

If you look at 1 Timothy 2:4-6 you will see why it is that God is going to do what He is going to do with all mankind based upon Christ ransoming all mankind.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:12 PM

74 posts, read 143,712 times
Why all the endless rederic??? sinners will not go to heaven.
He came to save us from our sin ) not in our sin. Now if you allow him to do this then you believe on him.
You must be good soil bringing forth fruit worthy of repentence , if you are unfruitfull you risk being cast out savior or no.

He will not look at you thru a clear cup filled with blood when you stand before him.
He will see you for what you are.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:33 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you believe God is a respecter of persons ?. If you do not then your understanding of God showing mercy to whom He will is incorrect.
Acts 10:34 - Opening his mouth, Peter said: "I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality,

So with reference to the Romans 9 verses - God will have favor on whom He chooses to have favor, and He will save whom He wishes to save.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
When He says I will have mercy on whom I will and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion, do you not think it would better for you to at least try and understand this in the Light of the Life of Jesus Christ?.
That scripture you quoted is a reminder to those who look down upon the sinner and are envious and mad that the sinner was and is on the receiving end of the mercy and compassion of God, made known to us through His Son. In other words back of will ya with your condemnation of those to whom I chose to have mercy and compassion on.

You have it all wrong Drob

When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Matt 9:36.

Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' Matt 18:33

It is your job Drob to show the same mercy that you have been shown. I hope you are open enough to receive this.
I'm sorry - I don't see any of that in Romans 9.

In verses 1-5 he grieves about the status of the Israelites. In verses 6-13, Paul explains who true Israel is and how God's calling is important. Verses 14-16 state that even though God calls some and not others - there is nothing unfair in his choosing.

There is nothing there about believers showing mercy to others. It may be in other places in the Bible, but not in Romans 9.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:39 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It's simply astonishing to me that you can wave aside the entire Bible to pick out a few phrases here and there to seemingly support what you believe. I'm sure it's been pointed out to you again and again that the New Testament is not about arbitrary punishments (which you approve of from your parents for some reason), it's about choosing repentance and salvation, not being predestined into it as Dr Fred Phelps of the "God hates ****" Church believes (he's basically just jeering at gays, doesn't believe they can be saved). I may not believe the Bible is perfect, but if I did I wouldn't upset the whole thing in search of a few "proof texts".
Regarding the blue, it's both. God works through your choice.

Gays can absolutely be saved.

I'm sorry you don't believe the entirety of the Bible.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
What a wonderful statement...if only "religious" people could comprehend and understand this. We are all in completely different places when it comes to our spiritual walks...no two people will ever be in the same place, believing exactly the same things. Those of us who have progressed consciously are called "New Agers" or "Unbelievers" because we have progressed beyond words written in books...and see that spirituality goes way beyond them and is also personal and individual.

Jesus has taught us more than enough to progress consciously and to "save" us from our own egoic/carnal selves...all we really have to do is learn from him and follow him.
Hi Christy Grl. Long time no see. I always think of that scripture "In my Father's house are many mansions' when I consider the differences in people's spiritual perceptions. There are some mansions that I can visit and some I cannot (if you catch my drift). There are some mansions I'm not welcome in.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:48 AM

762 posts, read 1,217,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Is what Jesus did ENOUGH to save you or anyone else? YES or NO.
How can it not be enough...the ultimate sacrifice on our behalf. We just have to prove ourselves worthy of it and we will recieve salvation in Gods love.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:33 AM

987 posts, read 1,119,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
How can it not be enough...the ultimate sacrifice on our behalf. We just have to prove ourselves worthy of it and we will recieve salvation in Gods love.
Prove ourselves worthy? He did it because He loves us.

Worthy? I say we are all worthy in that God is extremely invested in each of our lives and THAT is what makes us worthy. If I were to paint a passable picture, someone might pay up to $100.00 if it pleased him. My mother, while she lived, because she loved me would probably have paid much, much more. Her love for me increased the value of the product. Or a painting by Rembrandt, no matter at what age and skill level he was at the time, would bring a great price, simply because it was produced by one who became a master painter. Since God is a master creator, simply by that token, we are WORTH a great price and the son of God paid that GREAT PRICE. That is what makes us WORTHY. Not anything we could ever say or DO.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:22 AM

467 posts, read 665,049 times
God bows to the free will of the individual. We have to decide to follow the Laws and forgive if we want to begin our path towards becoming the Christ. Jesus walks with us; he doesn't do it for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity