Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,869,043 times

Advertisements

Many gave up hope of it happening in our life time, they began to believe it would happen but it would not be in our life time, that is those of us who have been around since the pre Vatican II Church, we have long hoped for the full realization of the promises of Vatican II, that the Church would enter into it's Golden Age. It seems some of us may see this new awakening.

Enlightened Catholicism: Hans Kung Speaks Again, And This Time He's Calling For A 'Revolution From Below"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 08:55 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times

Lemon's over the top eye roll - 30 Rock - YouTube

In all seriousness: Hans Kung's opinions on the Catholic Church are like David Duke's opinions on the Republican Party. They're good for entertainment value, perhaps, but little else.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:10 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,817,186 times
This "revolution" has been going on since the 1960s, and its primary "accomplishment" is the rise in the number of lapsed Catholics. It would be easier to leave the Church altogether, but the "revolutionaries" see themselves as thorns in the sides of the hierarchy.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:59 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,024,985 times
Seem like people turn there back on the Holy Spirit and ran back to the old ways , where control is intriguing ....

Old 10-09-2012, 04:42 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,608,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Many gave up hope of it happening in our life time, they began to believe it would happen but it would not be in our life time, that is those of us who have been around since the pre Vatican II Church, we have long hoped for the full realization of the promises of Vatican II, that the Church would enter into it's Golden Age. It seems some of us may see this new awakening.

Enlightened Catholicism: Hans Kung Speaks Again, And This Time He's Calling For A 'Revolution From Below"
Here comes the revolution ...

Religion in the Modern World - YouTube

Old 10-10-2012, 11:00 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
This "revolution" has been going on since the 1960s, and its primary "accomplishment" is the rise in the number of lapsed Catholics. It would be easier to leave the Church altogether, but the "revolutionaries" see themselves as thorns in the sides of the hierarchy.
Not really. Adults who had the finger shaken at them during parochial school don't want to experience that in perpetuity. These people neither see themselves as "revolutionaries" nor as thorns in the side of the hierarchy. Truly, most don't even know how the hierarchy works ... dioceses, archdioceses, bishops, cardinals, why there are diocesan priests and why there are Franciscans, Dominicans, and Jesuits ... too much clutter. I never fully understood it.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:32 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
Doesn't really matter. Blind leading the Blind.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:44 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,817,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Seem like people turn there back on the Holy Spirit and ran back to the old ways , where control is intriguing ....
Claiming you were "moved by the Holy Spirit" is sometimes code for "It felt good and I did it"!

Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
1 Peter 5:5
Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Matthew 15:14
Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Matthew 7:13-14

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Isaiah 65:12
Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:08 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Doesn't really matter. Blind leading the Blind.
Thanks for your love ... from Lubbock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity