Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 02:19 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,463,013 times

Advertisements

another one of these. In a month we will discuss the whole christmas origins. it is the same every year. yes, holloween and christmas are pagan. they have nothing to do with Christ. We are living in an age where everything is permissible in churches. It is sad, but it is the way it is. And it will become worse as our kids begin to go to churches. Focus on Christ not on what christians and the things christians do. Keep focus on Jesus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 12:48 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Oops I am about a week late in my annual posting of this:

Should Christians participate in Halloween?
You're not late . . . halloween is not here yet . . . that is when all the hobgoblins are supposed to appear to torment people. You are early.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:46 PM

144 posts, read 149,343 times
ditchlights,
That's the problem. Yes they do, but just because folks do such, does not make it something that Yeshua/Jesus would do. Some of us choose to stay away from Halloween, Easter, Xmas, and such, because we read the Bible. Not a Jew: I am a follower of the KING Yeshua/Jesus. If you can't find it in the Bible, don't do it!!! When my kids didn't go,they didn't miss anything.....

Last edited by standingdeer; 10-24-2012 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: adding something

Old 10-24-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
You must be a JW, because every Christian church I've attended in my lifetime has events for children on Halloween, an easter egg hunt at Easter, and a decorated christmas tree as part of the stage set or out in the foyer at Christmastime. The B-Day comment solidifies it.

That's really sad. These events can be so much fun. I think that Jesus would have wanted us to enjoy ourselves.
It is sad, ditchlights. Parents presuming to know what worldly enjoyment God disapproves of . . . or that God even disapproves of enjoyment. Very sad, indeed to have such a miserable misunderstanding of God's motives for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingdeer View Post
ditchlights,
That's the problem. Yes they do, but just because folks do such, does not make it something that Yeshua/Jesus would do. Some of us choose to stay away from Halloween, Easter, Xmas, and such, because we read the Bible. Not a Jew: I am a follower of the KING Yeshua/Jesus. If you can't find it in the Bible, don't do it!!! When my kids didn't go,they didn't miss anything.....
That is such an absurd idea . . . that we have to live limited to what existed and was written over 2000- 4000 years ago!! Well, if you have determined that they did not miss anything . . . I guess that settles it. No need to concern yourself with what the kids actually missed or did not miss.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:21 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,517,299 times
Christians taking part in Halloween read this and THINK...........

https://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-occult.html

Old 10-31-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Christians taking part in Halloween read this and THINK...........

https://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-occult.html
How any grown adult and intelligent human being could possibly equate the occult with kids dressing up for Halloween for "trick or treat" and having fun playing make-believe is beyond my ken!

Old 10-31-2012, 11:01 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How any grown adult and intelligent human being could possibly equate the occult with kids dressing up for Halloween for "trick or treat" and having fun playing make-believe is beyond (me).

Irrational fear based on Religion.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:27 AM

951 posts, read 1,053,497 times
Ephesians 5:
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Romans 8:
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Mark 7:
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men...
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition....
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:21 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
True Christians, the ones who actually have God's Holy Spirit, should not take part in Halloween.

I total agree, but many who call themselves Christians does part take in this festivity. One said to me, it’s just clean fun for the kids. Yet I see so many adults doing it JUST for themselves. Jesus words shows, true Christians should be NO part of the world, (John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). JUST as Jehovah God showed this , (1John 2:15,16- Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world). Satan had fooled many for so long concerning halloween. though many Christians NOW…, admit this holiday is of satan. Sadly satan still fooled Christians with others. peace

Old 11-01-2012, 07:43 AM

4 posts, read 4,193 times
Default What is Hallowe'en?

I have heard this term "Hallowe'en" before i and wish to know the meaning of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity