Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:32 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times

Advertisements

Should a Christian Vote?

Only if he/she is voting for Obama ;-) Otherwise he/she should stay home.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:33 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Absolutely not. Christians should respect God's will. Voting is trying to interfere with God's plan. Instead of voting, Christians should resort to praying and put trust in God to select the right leader.
Actually, God has already chosen the right leader. Jesus.
If we all followed his example, we'd be on a very good road.

Peace,
brian

Old 10-24-2012, 05:52 AM

1 posts, read 757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Peace,
brian
Thank you!

Old 10-24-2012, 06:00 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
A true Christian is called out of this present evil world.

They, Christians, are to be separate from the world (II Cor 6:17).
They are to be separate from all all this world's affiliations: social, economic, political or religious.
They are to live by every Word of God (Luke 4:4) and not by the philosophies, customs and ways of this world.
They are not to live by the customs and traditions of this world but by the laws of God (Mark 7:7-9).
Many worship Christ in vain by following the course of this world and all of its customs and ways instead of living by the Commandments of God (again, Mark 7:7-9).
Should a Christian vote? No, they should be too busy warning others or helping warn others to come out of this Babylon of confusion and be not partakers of her sins that you receive not of her plagues.

http://www.coghomeschool.org/site/co...0President.pdf
My goodness!! I am what I consider to be a Christian and truly believe it is my "GOD given right to vote". Sometimes I think some Christians take the bible much too literally and end up living in the backwoods with long dresses, black outfits, no electricity, no tv, no contact with the outer world and more. Being a Christian to me means treating others as I would like to be treated and loving God for all that he has given me and all that I mean to him as he did choose to save my life not only 4 years ago.

Why in the world would anyone think that Christians shouldn't vote?? Absolutely they should. This is their country too and I do think that when you mention Christians in your post you have segregated a few extreme Christians into your category and forgotten about the rest of us who choose to worship in a totally different way but are STILL Christians.

Rethink this one please!! Oh, by the way...if you are a Christian as you describe above, what are you doing on the computer let alone on a blogging site?? Are computers in your way of thinking and worshipping not a tool of the devil?? Hmmmm???

Old 10-24-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
My goodness!! I am what I consider to be a Christian and truly believe it is my "GOD given right to vote". Sometimes I think some Christians take the bible much too literally and end up living in the backwoods with long dresses, black outfits, no electricity, no tv, no contact with the outer world and more. Being a Christian to me means treating others as I would like to be treated and loving God for all that he has given me and all that I mean to him as he did choose to save my life not only 4 years ago.

Why in the world would anyone think that Christians shouldn't vote?? Absolutely they should. This is their country too and I do think that when you mention Christians in your post you have segregated a few extreme Christians into your category and forgotten about the rest of us who choose to worship in a totally different way but are STILL Christians.

Rethink this one please!! Oh, by the way...if you are a Christian as you describe above, what are you doing on the computer let alone on a blogging site?? Are computers in your way of thinking and worshipping not a tool of the devil?? Hmmmm???
If we are following Christ, what should you vote for???

Your "right to vote" was given by the State, not by God. God isn't "elected." He just is.

Voting or not doesn't change anything. What changes things is when we follow the best leader of all: Jesus.

Peace,
brian

Old 10-24-2012, 07:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, if only non-Christians were to vote, Christians might end up with a government that is far less desirable than they'd have otherwise. Governments are necessarily in our world. Not everyone believes alike, and yet we must co-exist as neighbors, co-workers, etc. Even Jesus Christ seemed to recognize the need to "render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's and unto God the things that are God's."
I agree with Kazpur

Old 10-24-2012, 07:17 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't understand you people who don't vote - as though your vote has something to do with your eternal destiny - or you are participating in evil.

First - God is the creator of government. He puts people in place. He is in complete control - Barack Obama included.

Second - this is a country set up where the people are responsible (under God's sovereignty) for electing their representatives. To me, you who don't vote are being neglectful to the government God has put in place here.

All candidates will fall short in one area or another. We are all sinners here. Choosing not to vote just seems like you want to withdraw. You do live in the country and your life will be affected by who is governing the affairs - so you might as well be involved in the process.

Just vote for whom you think is better and move on.
i think it is because we are spoiled as a people. if we were living under communism and the only way out of it was to vote, we would already be setting tents outside the libraries. We are so use to having the great life here in the US. Many rather be doing football, video games, etc... than to even be intrested in voting. One day this country will fall, and the fall will be hard. Then it would be too late to vote

Old 10-24-2012, 07:51 AM

So it's like saying, "I can vote for someone who tolerates my religion, so I'll do it so that I am not persecuted."

But Christians know there will be persecution, and don't get in bed with politicians to avoid it.

Peace,
brian

Old 10-24-2012, 08:06 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Peace,
brian
There you go! just like most Christian I totally forgot Jesus.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:08 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
i think it is because we are spoiled as a people. if we were living under communism and the only way out of it was to vote, we would already be setting tents outside the libraries. We are so use to having the great life here in the US. Many rather be doing football, video games, etc... than to even be intrested in voting. One day this country will fall, and the fall will be hard. Then it would be too late to vote
You living under communism is totally God's will. Try to change that is to try to screw up God's divine plan, a total disrespect to your God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity