Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 12:54 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,112,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
I am under duty to God to hate evil

Maybe you can find some nice Sertindole on sale.

Shop now before the holiday rush!

Old 10-25-2012, 01:03 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If you pay taxes, you support government, good or evil.
Yes, but I was referring to voting. I have to pay taxes.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:08 PM

428 posts, read 330,886 times
Quote:
Yes, but I was referring to voting. I have to pay taxes.
No you don't. There is no crime for not paying taxes only for not filing them.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:15 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Since you claim to be using your brain, you might want to reflect on this:

"Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's" means to not abide by the laws of the land you live in. Not voting is not breaking the law.

Peace,
brian
A simplistic interpretation at best. I never said non-voters are lawbreakers. What part of Christ's directive indicates Christians should be lawbreakers by being non-law abiding citizens. Non-believers would probably be more attracted to good citizens. There is already too much lawlessness in our society today for you to be urging more of it.

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-25-2012 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: Attack

Old 10-26-2012, 08:50 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
No you don't. There is no crime for not paying taxes only for not filing them.
Good luck with that...

Old 10-26-2012, 08:53 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,112,381 times
Quote:
I am under duty to God to hate evil and hate it I shall.
Rethinking my original response, I think religious-effectuated hatred is sinister and malignant, not to mention revealing of some unfortunate developmental disabilities.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Good luck with that...
It's a fact. You can even exempt an amount of you income from being taken for back taxes and if you go 10 years the debt goes away.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:28 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
I have a Question, And I would like to hear from the Christians on this forum about it.
This started because of a number of Christians who I know outside of this forum who claim that they will not vote because they cannot vote for a black man or a Mormon either one. I did not know that we had so many shallow and bigoted people still around, but since I don;t generally associate with such people, how would I have know then?

Moving on, I know when I was growing up in a Baptist church that baptists hated Mormons. Our baptist church used to run a youth mission to Utah every year aimed at taking people away from Mormonism ......this is something I refused to participate, being of a more intelligent attitude, I saw the hypocrisy of people who were incapable of running their own lives trying to further poison the lives of others
But why now are so many right wing/fundamentalist types so favorable of Romney in this election? If Christians are supposed to hate Mormons (and yes that hatred is real and does still exist) then why support one?
Why support someone who has a faith and moral system that is built on a sham ?
And no I do not need a Bible to prove that Mormonism was built on a sham, I need only court and historical records, as well as a little science and genetic mapping (which was already done). I don't believe in the Bible anyway

Is it the myth that OBAMA is a Muslim or has some secret plan for America? Did that come out of churches, or was it on after Ancient aliens and secrets of freemasonry on TV? I did not know we had so many uneducated and unintelligent or maybe rather so many Bored and impressionable people in America to have us believe every last conspiracy theory around.

Would some Christian please explain this to me from their point of view? thanks.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I have a Question, And I would like to hear from the Christians on this forum about it.
This started because of a number of Christians who I know outside of this forum who claim that they will not vote because they cannot vote for a black man or a Mormon either one. I did not know that we had so many shallow and bigoted people still around, but since I don;t generally associate with such people, how would I have know then?

Moving on, I know when I was growing up in a Baptist church that baptists hated Mormons. Our baptist church used to run a youth mission to Utah every year aimed at taking people away from Mormonism ......this is something I refused to participate, being of a more intelligent attitude, I saw the hypocrisy of people who were incapable of running their own lives trying to further poison the lives of others
But why now are so many right wing/fundamentalist types so favorable of Romney in this election? If Christians are supposed to hate Mormons (and yes that hatred is real and does still exist) then why support one?
Why support someone who has a faith and moral system that is built on a sham ?
And no I do not need a Bible to prove that Mormonism was built on a sham, I need only court and historical records, as well as a little science and genetic mapping (which was already done). I don't believe in the Bible anyway

Is it the myth that OBAMA is a Muslim or has some secret plan for America? Did that come out of churches, or was it on after Ancient aliens and secrets of freemasonry on TV? I did not know we had so many uneducated and unintelligent or maybe rather so many Bored and impressionable people in America to have us believe every last conspiracy theory around.

Would some Christian please explain this to me from their point of view? thanks.
Well you seem very hateful and bigoted towards Christians based on all you said. But I will ignore your hate and your lies and try and answer your question on the voting thing.

Most Christians are Conservative in both there Domestic and Foreign policy views to varying degrees. Mr. Obama is somewhat Liberal in his Domestic and Foreign policy views. Mr. Obama feels that Government is the answer to all our problems and should take our money and give us what he thinks we need. Most Conservatives think Government is the problem and should be cut to bare bones and only allowed what the Constitution gives it control over as understood for the first few decades of this country rather than reinterpreting it to meet someones liberal agenda today. Many of us do not believe this country will be able to recover if Mr. Obama is allowed to continue his attacks on us for another 4 years. We deserve better. America deserves better.

While most Christians do not hate Mormons at all. Why would we have issue with one being President? Maybe it would be better if he was a black Mormon Conservative so you would not think we hate blacks either. (please don't tell the black members of my local church that I hate them. They would laugh you out of town) And most Baptist don't evangelize people they hate. That is done out of love. But if you choose to not be a Christian I doubt you can understand much about our faith.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:02 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,651,465 times
As a Christian, I don't vote. I'd like to but there isn't anyone godly to vote for. It's always a choice between "evil" and "evil." Choosing between "the lesser of two evils" is still choosing evil.

Also, I've been of the very firm belief that the elections are rigged. Here's the most recent proof of that. Don't believe me? Watch this little clip from The People's Court.

OBAMA "WINS" 2012 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE! WHAT???!!!!!! (OCT 23, 2012) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity