Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 05:57 AM

473 posts, read 822,878 times

Advertisements

The whole Bible is a book about love and learning about the ways of love. We get caught up about the history of man in the Bible and who went here or there of what happened next. Many people would argue that it contains too much anger and blood to be about love.
It's about OUR responsibility to learn the ways of Love--the same kind of love that God has towards us. He has placed this responsibility in our hands. We wanted to blame Him for everything so He came forth in the form of Jesus Christ and said FINE--blame me for everything, place your sins upon me and THEN go forth and sin no more becoming a representative of me and my love for mankind.
He said GROW UP and become wise mature adults in the ways of love. I have loved man as if they were my children. Now YOU go forth and love the rest of mankind as if they are YOUR children. When you have done these things, then I will hear you. He said that what we have missed is that He HAS healed us if we would only abide by His words. If we did this there wouldn't be any problems among mankind.
Only Love is good and IS the head of God, become as He is with Love as our head and guiding us in all our ways. Worship His Holy Spirit more than anything else. Don't just worship the flesh He came in--LIVE HIM. It's in this that we HONOR Him. He set the example of how to live not how to die.
Don't judge--don't condemn--don't fall to sin but teach the sinner the right way without condemnation--don't lie about anything--don't kill--don't be jealous of your neighbor, set the example so they want to be like you--don't take things personally, don't get angry or even,--give more than you get---care more about living things than about stuff(dead things)--don't store up junk, the best gifts to recieve are smiles, hugs and laughter from what you give to them, it's HERE that you recieve--stop wanting more, more, more of things that have no real value, real value is in what goes forth not what comes in. Don't be afraid to set an example and speak out about love--correct everyone equally as carefully and kindly as if they were your child.
Become His wife--His co-partner in the ways of love. Go forth with the love of maternal instinct towards fellow man. Become a head and not a tail and truly come ahead.
Yeshua Bless You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 06:34 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,212,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
The whole Bible is a book about love and learning about the ways of love. We get caught up about the history of man in the Bible and who went here or there of what happened next. Many people would argue that it contains too much anger and blood to be about love.
It's about OUR responsibility to learn the ways of Love--the same kind of love that God has towards us. He has placed this responsibility in our hands. We wanted to blame Him for everything so He came forth in the form of Jesus Christ and said FINE--blame me for everything, place your sins upon me and THEN go forth and sin no more becoming a representative of me and my love for mankind.
He said GROW UP and become wise mature adults in the ways of love. I have loved man as if they were my children. Now YOU go forth and love the rest of mankind as if they are YOUR children. When you have done these things, then I will hear you. He said that what we have missed is that He HAS healed us if we would only abide by His words. If we did this there wouldn't be any problems among mankind.
Only Love is good and IS the head of God, become as He is with Love as our head and guiding us in all our ways. Worship His Holy Spirit more than anything else. Don't just worship the flesh He came in--LIVE HIM. It's in this that we HONOR Him. He set the example of how to live not how to die.
Don't judge--don't condemn--don't fall to sin but teach the sinner the right way without condemnation--don't lie about anything--don't kill--don't be jealous of your neighbor, set the example so they want to be like you--don't take things personally, don't get angry or even,--give more than you get---care more about living things than about stuff(dead things)--don't store up junk, the best gifts to recieve are smiles, hugs and laughter from what you give to them, it's HERE that you recieve--stop wanting more, more, more of things that have no real value, real value is in what goes forth not what comes in. Don't be afraid to set an example and speak out about love--correct everyone equally as carefully and kindly as if they were your child.
Become His wife--His co-partner in the ways of love. Go forth with the love of maternal instinct towards fellow man. Become a head and not a tail and truly come ahead.
Yeshua Bless You
That is legalism. Jesus said that Love was the summary of the Law. No one can do that, so we are back to square one. We can try---but we can't achieve perfect love.

You continue trying to love your way to Heaven, I'll thank my savior for dying on the cross as my substitution.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:20 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Thank you Sheila ... a powerful post.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 AM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Yeshua Bless You
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Thank you Sheila ... a powerful post.
Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
That is legalism. Jesus said that Love was the summary of the Law. No one can do that, so we are back to square one. We can try---but we can't achieve perfect love.
You continue trying to love your way to Heaven, I'll thank my savior for dying on the cross as my substitution.
That IS the Good News . . . we do NOT need to achieve perfection. Christ did that for us all. We just need to achieve some imperfect harmonic resonance with Him in "love of God and each other."

Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 AM

473 posts, read 822,878 times
Matthew 5:48--Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
John 15:12-- This is me commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
1 Peter 1:17--Because it is writen, Be ye Holy; for I am Holy
Philippians 3:15--Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in anything ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
Colossians 4:12--Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ,saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God(love)
He died on the cross to bring us an example of His Love, to accept that He is the one responsible for not bringing enough clarity of His words and ways for us to overcome our immaturities/sins. After we have tested all spirits/sins in our immature ways and found them detrimental to ALL mankind in bringing not only ourselves down but others as well we will see that His ways are the ONLY ways to promote a well population upon this planet. We have to learn to see cause and effect. Like ripples in a pond, everything WE DO has a direct effect on others. We are to be examples of Him.
Yeshua Bless You

Old 01-17-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Matthew 5:48--Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Philippians 3:15--Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in anything ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
Colossians 4:12--Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ,saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God(love)
In all these verses the "perfect" referred to is teleios which is more properly translated as "mature" . . . not as we use "perfect" in English.
Quote:
He died on the cross to bring us an example of His Love, to accept that He is the one responsible for not bringing enough clarity of His words and ways for us to overcome our immaturities/sins. After we have tested all spirits/sins in our immature ways and found them detrimental to ALL mankind in bringing not only ourselves down but others as well we will see that His ways are the ONLY ways to promote a well population upon this planet. We have to learn to see cause and effect. Like ripples in a pond, everything WE DO has a direct effect on others. We are to be examples of Him.
Yeshua Bless You
Amen! We are to attain the state of mind that is "love of God and each other" as often as possible daily and repent when we don't. That is how we resonate in some imperfect harmonic with Christ's love for us all. It is also what we recognize as maturity in those who possess it.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen!

That IS the Good News . . . we do NOT need to achieve perfection. Christ did that for us all. We just need to achieve some imperfect harmonic resonance with Him in "love of God and each other."
You might as well try to keep the Mosaic Law if you're counting on yourself to "do" anything.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You might as well try to keep the Mosaic Law if you're counting on yourself to "do" anything.
Well . . . if you think that Christ's commands to us to "love God and each other" were just suggestions . . . good luck with that, Vizio. If you think we do not have to do anything (like follow His commands about love) to be sanctified under Christ's grace and love for us all . . . I don't like your chances at all.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well . . . if you think that Christ's commands to us to "love God and each other" were just suggestions . . . good luck with that, Vizio. If you think we do not have to do anything (like follow His commands about love) to be sanctified under Christ's grace and love for us all . . . I don't like your chances at all.
Of course we should do those things. I never said we shouldn't. But if they're what you're counting on to make God happy with you, you might as well give up. You can't do enough.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:47 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,397,591 times
Quote:
Yeshua Bless You
Very well said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity