Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 06:08 PM

179 posts, read 83,051 times

Advertisements

I just tell Jehovah's Witnesses that I do not want to be a Watchtower <cut> and be done with it.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-24-2018 at 03:46 AM.. Reason: Post edited
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 08:14 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,389,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unveiling Bible Truth View Post
Well we are in agreement on something.
Except there is only one High Priest and that is Jesus. The 144000 are just priests under him.

No one can be a High Priest after Jesus' Resurrection, which is why the Judaism is no longer God's priesthood or exclusive people. That ended with his death and shown by the taring of the curtain in the Temple. It was no longer God's house or Temple. Over and done.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:15 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,389,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzilla View Post
I just tell Jehovah's Witnesses that I do not want to be a Watchtower <cut> and be done with it.
Good, they appreciate that and would not want someone who uses such words to be one.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:51 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzilla View Post

That is sad. That means you don't have a clue as to what Jesus actually taught.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unveiling Bible Truth View Post
They are virgins because they are pure, found without blemish before God, all spiritual. Male and female.

They are firstfruits because they are the first to be part of the kingdom. Just like Jesus was the first fruit of the resurrection, not first to be resurrected but first to be resurrected to eternal life.

Yes pure from this world that Jesus taught to be no part of--the govts and false religions that are misleading-99%

Old 07-24-2018, 05:05 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,936,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
That is sad. That means you don't have a clue as to what Jesus actually taught.
jesus teachings are found in the new testament not the watchtower and bible tact society

Old 07-24-2018, 08:11 PM

168 posts, read 69,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Except there is only one High Priest and that is Jesus. The 144000 are just priests under him.

No one can be a High Priest after Jesus' Resurrection, which is why the Judaism is no longer God's priesthood or exclusive people. That ended with his death and shown by the taring of the curtain in the Temple. It was no longer God's house or Temple. Over and done.
You are correct, I missed the high in high priest. So no Hannibal we are not in agreement.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:26 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
jesus teachings are found in the new testament not the watchtower and bible tact society
I am wondering what you find is ' Not about the NT ' as found at www.jw.org __________

Old 07-24-2018, 09:57 PM

168 posts, read 69,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I am wondering what you find is ' Not about the NT ' as found at www.jw.org __________
They do have some truths that are written in the bible as do all denomination of christianity.

They teach - no trinity

They teach - no immortal soul

They teach - no eternal torment but then they teach eternal destruction.

They teach - Michael the Archangel(chief messenger) was Jesus prior to earth but they say Jesus is a
created angel

They teach - only 144,000 are going to heaven. Yes and no. Yes only 144,000 in this age, salvation
for all, in time, in their own order, all will go to heaven.

They rest of what they believe is what falls from the back end of a donkey.

https://godsplanforall.com/

Old 07-25-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post

I have studied Jesus and his teachings in many translations. There isn't a translation on earth that the teachings of Jesus don't back what the JW teachers teach--How is that? The REAL Jesus pointed his followers to his God and Father. To worship him in spirit and truth( John 4:22-24) = the bottom line reality of it all.
He warned all of you that on account of the name Jesus, that some would do things against the true followers-Why? because they didn't know the one who sent him= Father=YHVH(Jehovah) John 15:20-21
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity