Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 06:30 AM

55 posts, read 197,747 times

Advertisements

The guest speaker was Rabbi Jonathan Cahn the author of The Harbinger and frequent guest on TV
CTN (Jim Bakker Show, 700Club, Sid Roth) also Glenn Beck etc. This messanic man of God is simply
a treasure that if missed is to miss a modern disciple. You can find him on You Tube via the typing
in the above title. God Bless saints! In Yehosuha (Jesus)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 08:41 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,463,013 times
I always thought the sermon on the mount was pretty good.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
I would highly suggest you not look to Cahn as a good Biblical teacher. He incorrectly places America into the Bible.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:29 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,463,013 times
anyone who is on :Jim Bakker Show, 700Club, Sid Roth, should raise alarm bells in your spirit.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:22 PM

These quasi-christian responses need to be a red flag due to ignorance and lack of recognizing real true christian work, It's sad and has an air of youthfulness so I 'm not angry just insulted by the response, which oddly I appreciate (any response is welcomed) whether foolish or manifested in traditionally modivated "religion" and by doctrinal victims. Too often statements made by posters do not reflect the" off the top" of their ( biblically unnurtured) head . Its basically a wow. I suggest reading the Harbinger at least as 2.5 miilion have already and you will "get" that is why Cahn had Harbinger on the Times best seller list of 49 months a record and a Grammy nomination for his great DVD.

Last edited by Yeshuareigns; 02-08-2013 at 04:35 PM..

Old 02-08-2013, 08:34 PM

Torpedoes point is well taken regarding "the best message ever" I agree Jesus wins that title many times over . I was referring overzealously to Cahns dramatic sermon as at least one of the best I personally have ever heard from a "content" point of view especially leaving the so-to-speak voting to posters. My wife and I hope to speak with Cahn in March at the St Petersburg Prophecy Conference. It's a tough crowd I must say.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:42 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshuareigns View Post
These quasi-christian responses need to be a red flag due to ignorance and lack of recognizing real true christian work, It's sad and has an air of youthfulness so I 'm not angry just insulted by the response, which oddly I appreciate (any response is welcomed) whether foolish or manifested in traditionally modivated "religion" and by doctrinal victims. Too often statements made by posters do not reflect the" off the top" of their ( biblically unnurtured) head . Its basically a wow. I suggest reading the Harbinger at least as 2.5 miilion have already and you will "get" that is why Cahn had Harbinger on the Times best seller list of 49 months a record and a Grammy nomination for his great DVD.
You got a problem with someone that actually looks at his work objectively and cares about context? Seriously....I'm speaking from an informed view. He takes Isaiah 9:10-11 and reads it as a prophecy toward America instead of ancient Israel. That is just not sound hermeneutics.

Last edited by Vizio; 02-08-2013 at 08:55 PM..

Old 02-09-2013, 10:30 PM

VizioI and I now see where your coming from and I appologize,but I have to clarify where Isiah 9:10 and 11 fit into a "repeat" performance so-to-speakfrom the 722BC israelites. Johnathan draws many similarities albeit EXACT events gleaned from the israelites falling from God back then in ancient times) and he unravaled astonishing findings. He is a great bible scholar! In 722BC the then Israeites we amoral filty people who would sacrifice their first born to Molech and other pagan gods. They fell away from God. The Assyrians attacked them and mutilated them, destroying Judea but in response the Israelites said "we will rebuild bigger and better (without God as we like our immorality). The Assyrians cut down their Sycamore trees, but the israelites replaced them with cedars! They had quarried stone brought in from afar to use as the cornerstone of rebuilding (still clinging to their gods etc) Fast forward to 9/11 when the terrorists (a mimmic of the Assyrians) hit the trade center, As the building collapsed the old Sycamore was hit by a beam and uprooted. Weeks later a ceremony was held and a cedar replaced it . The mayor ordered a $14000 quarried stone touse as the corner stone (it became the freedom stone in memory of the firemen) At the anniversery of 9/11 Daschle read on national TV (not having a clue he was the 1st witness Isiah9:11 then months later Edwards (#2 witness) read again Isiah 9:10. Seven (remember that number) it appears over 300 times in scripture (Gods favorite #). Years later the financial crisis and the market gets a harbinger (7% drop or 777 billion in the month of Elul when all debts are forgiven). The cedar is dying, we believe because it was planted on sacred ground where Washington and the cabinet prayed for America. All of these things and more are samples of Gods warning specifically on America (with repercusions worldwide). We are a society that is increasing in immorality,abortion (like the sacrificing in 722BC), but we have millions to answer for whereas they had hundreds. Same sex marriage defying Gods ordained covenant of marriage and plan. We appear to support Gods israel yet give the Islamic brotherhood F-16's and hundreds of heavy tanks (free!!!) Anyway, getting back on track if you take a One Year Bile and turn to September 11 its the same page as Isiah 9:10. A Ground zero photographer took a picture he thought would dramatiize ground zero as it was a torn bible and the page that he shot was Isiah 9:10. Too many coinsidences and I left out tons because you have to read the book and if you don't buy his study so be it. Can't appease every Tom Dick and Harry in this complex humanity . Vizio your comments are appreciated and typical. No matter what topic one addresses somebody out there has their spin (its called freedom)!

In jesus precious name,

Yesuhareigns

Last edited by Yeshuareigns; 02-09-2013 at 10:43 PM..

Old 02-12-2013, 09:53 PM

Please excuse an error in my zealous attempt to portray Jonathan Cahn's being on the
NY Times best seller list for 49 months (wishful thinking lol) Its 49-50 weeks! (my bad).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity