Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 10:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Sounds like a new theology to me.
That's because men cannot comprehend the existence of their errors, when to deeply immersed in them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 10:53 PM

63,790 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No one denies that Christ bore our sins in His body . . . the scourging and crucifixion was horrendous and barbaric . . . because we were savage and barbaric (sinful) This is what is NOT true. God required no payment for anything and there is no hell . . . as you or the ET'ers define it. Those who have NOT "loved God and each other" daily and repented when they didn't . . . will be refined in the consuming fire of God's love with weeping and gnashing of teeth for their ignorance and obliviousness to His love and our obligations to love. But they will be "saved as by fire" when the dross is destroyed from their Spirits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Sounds like a new theology to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That's because men cannot comprehend the existence of their errors, when to deeply immersed in them.
Thank you, Jerwade. Well said. It is indeed virtually impossible without the aid of Christ's Holy Spirit guiding them to what God has "written in our hearts." It is fear that keeps them from trusting what is in their hearts. Fear promoted by the churches and teachers who bear a heavy burden.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:18 AM

33,225 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No one denies that Christ bore our sins in His body . . . the scourging and crucifixion was horrendous and barbaric . . . because we were savage and barbaric (sinful) This is what is NOT true. God required no payment for anything and there is no hell . . . as you or the ET'ers define it. Those who have NOT "loved God and each other" daily and repented when they didn't . . . will be refined in the consuming fire of God's love with weeping and gnashing of teeth for their ignorance and obliviousness to His love and our obligations to love. But they will be "saved as by fire" when the dross is destroyed from their Spirits.
God required that the penalty for sin be paid as the Scriptures teach. Salvation is free because Jesus paid the price that the Father required. Redemption means to be purchased back.

Ephesians 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace

Ephesiahs 1:14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

Titus 2:14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

1 Corinthians 7:23 You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men.

1 Peter 1:18 knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, 19] but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.

Acts 2:23 this Man (Jesus), delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.

The lake of fire is quite real as shown in Scripture (Revelation 20:10-15 for example). And it is not about refinement.

This thread is not about hell.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:40 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,273 times
Quote:
Amen!!! That's why we have scripture to set the record straight. I can sit here and chant the same words over again or I can provide scripture. I'll take Gods word any day.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:12 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
So true. Immersed in them(the error of my way)........I saw the works of the LORD,
his wonderful deeds in the deep(when i was at my worst)Psalm 107:24

I reeled and staggered like drunken man( tossed to and fro by the contradictory doctrines of men)
At my wits end(with all the religious nonsense I had come to believe in)
Then i cried out to the LORD in my trouble,
and he brought me out of my distress.
He stilled the storm to a whisper;
the waves of the sea were hushed.
I was glad when it grew calm,
and he guided me to my desired haven. Psalm 107:27-30

Old 02-28-2013, 05:27 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
Amen!!! That's why we have scripture to set the record straight. I can sit here and chant the same words over again or I can provide scripture. I'll take Gods word any day.
Which version of 'scripture'?

Old 03-01-2013, 01:23 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Those who deny that Christ bore their sins in His body and paid the price for them remain under condemnation and are on their way to hell.
Which 'hell' ?_______

Jesus was 'on his way' to the 'Bible's hell' the day Jesus died according to Acts 2 vs 27,31,32

According to Revelation [ 20 vs 13,14 ] is the Bible's hell is temporary because after everyone in hell is 'delivered up', meaning resurrected out of hell, then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into that symbolic 'second death'.

So, besides Jesus being resurrected out of hell, everyone else in hell will also be resurrected out of hell.- Rev. 1 v 18
So, how is anyone condemned to hell ?

Old 03-01-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Which 'hell' ?_______

Jesus was 'on his way' to the 'Bible's hell' the day Jesus died according to Acts 2 vs 27,31,32

According to Revelation [ 20 vs 13,14 ] is the Bible's hell is temporary because after everyone in hell is 'delivered up', meaning resurrected out of hell, then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into that symbolic 'second death'.

So, besides Jesus being resurrected out of hell, everyone else in hell will also be resurrected out of hell.- Rev. 1 v 18
So, how is anyone condemned to hell ?
The English word 'hell' is more appropriately applied to the lake of fire which is the final abode of those who die without having accepted Christ as Savior, rather than to Hades which is a temporary place of confinement.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The English word 'hell' is more appropriately applied to the lake of fire which is the final abode of those who die without having accepted Christ as Savior, rather than to Hades which is a temporary place of confinement.
Actually, the word hell was associated with an underground pit.
In the Old English, it defined a "cold" place for storing food.

"A food storage cellar is usually covered with dirt."

Hell, in the Biblical sense, is simply the common grave of all mankind.
Where all activity has ceased; and potatoes, do not become french fries.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Actually, the word hell was associated with an underground pit.
In the Old English, it defined a "cold" place for storing food.

"A food storage cellar is usually covered with dirt."

Hell, in the Biblical sense, is simply the common grave of all mankind.
Where all activity has ceased; and potatoes, do not become french fries.
I am aware of the origins of the English word 'hell'.

Neither Hades or the lake of fire are the common grave of all mankind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity