Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:30 AM

87 posts, read 213,438 times

Advertisements

I guess I would include mystics, and all other non-denominational Christian branches and other spiritual paths to the list......including the Bai' Hai's and any other spiritual path that does not involve being a born again Christian......we are talking 1.2 billion Catholics alone....then with the millions more people in all the other spiritual paths on earth......just curious if there is any way these folks can also be candidates for the heavenly realm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 09:37 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,470,270 times
this is about to turn into a intresting thread. I say they all will get into heaven once God's judgements are completed. they will all bow down and confess Christ.
Now you are about to have the group that says no. they will all burn in hell.
others that say they will die and that is it with them.
at the end God will sort it all out, and every one of us will be shocked at what happens.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:40 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,358,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietrain View Post
I guess I would include mystics, and all other non-denominational Christian branches and other spiritual paths to the list......including the Bai' Hai's and any other spiritual path that does not involve being a born again Christian......we are talking 1.2 billion Catholics alone....then with the millions more people in all the other spiritual paths on earth......just curious if there is any way these folks can also be candidates for the heavenly realm.
Jehovah's Witnesses are pretty sure that they are the only ones that get into heaven I should get some sunscreen for my stay in hell as soon as possible...

Old 03-18-2013, 09:47 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,958,132 times
William Penn said it best: "The humble, meek, merciful, just, pious and devout souls everywhere are of one religion and when death has taken off the mask, they will know one another, though the diverse liveries they wore here make them strangers.""

Old 03-18-2013, 10:04 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,871,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietrain View Post
The Bible clearly and repeatedly emphasizes that God sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, as 'the Way' that ALL could enter eternal life and live it in relationship with Him ... in His eternal kingdom. BTW, this is the same Bible from which people learn about heaven and eternal life --- and other things of God that many seem to demand are their "right".... while excluding Jesus Christ.

But, God’s Way does not include “everyone, every way, anytime”, but only the “ALL” who are who are willing to believe and trust God. It is man, not God, who has chosen to exclude and reject God's truth and way! -- It is only through man's hostile, rebellious rejection of God's Way that this becomes 'exclusionary' in human lives. (God has made no such promise of salvation or eternal life through any 'religion, spiritual path or prophet' ... even the claimed 'holy books' make no such claim).

--- Do you believe that God should now be required to change His perfect eternal plan and Way, to accommodate anyone/everyone who think they have a more 'fair' or better way to enter God's Kingdom' than the One Way He provided? (Unfortunately, if you do, you are in good company on CD. There is a large, active group out here lobbying incessantly to overcome God's Word, in favor of 'their own way')

Last edited by jghorton; 03-18-2013 at 10:24 AM..

Old 03-18-2013, 10:27 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,470,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Jehovah's Witnesses are pretty sure that they are the only ones that get into heaven I should get some sunscreen for my stay in hell as soon as possible...
actually you dont have to worry about your sunscreen. JW's dont even believe in hell. Also, most of them think that it is the earth that the meek will inherit. not flying around heaven all day long. I think they say only a few will be in heaven. not sure, need to ask them.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:30 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,521,568 times
Referring to Jesus
Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
That by default would leave out (from your list)
  • Atheists
  • Buddhists
  • Muslims
  • Hindus
  • the Bai' Hai's
  • and any other spiritual path that does not involve Jesus
However, not just any self-defined concept of "Jesus" will do, for the devils know who Jesus is and are terrified.
  • Jesus is God while being with him at the same time (John 1:1-4)... which is only believable by faith, not via human comprehending it.
  • Jesus physically rose from the dead
  • Jesus taught by faith and by faith and is baptized will be saved.
  • Jesus taught that such a faith will be reflective in how one lives. Without the reflection, one is like a fruit tree that has no fruit
  • Jesus taught that no one come to the Father except through him
Yet, scriptures teach that attempting to insert yourself by doing good works and or obedience to the law as ingredients to being saved makes what Jesus did count for nothing.

Scriptures also teach that the Scriptures are enough for a person to come to the correct knowledge to be saved. Any claims of more is needed is to reject the truth.

Moderator cut: denominational bashing

Last edited by june 7th; 03-18-2013 at 06:35 PM..

Old 03-18-2013, 10:31 AM

33,360 posts, read 26,587,975 times
God has plainly revealed in His written Word that to have an eternal relationship with God, one must accept His offer of eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ. It is only through Jesus that one may come to the Father.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Acts 4:12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

The only source of infallible truth is the Word of God.

John 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son (with reference to obeying the gospel of our Lord Jesus as per 2 Thess. 1:8) will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

There is no modifier in that clause concerning those who will not see life to indicate that they will not see life only until some point after which they will see life. It is an absolute statement of fact. In other words, those who die without believing on the Lord Jesus Christ will never at any point in the future see eternal life, but will instead spend the eternal future in the eternal fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels as per Matthew 25:41,46. See also, Revelation 20:10-15.

God's Word is clear and unmistakable. Those of you who claim that all men will be saved do so in defiance of God's revealed Word on the matter.

Those who place their faith in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins have eternal life at that very moment. Those who do not place their faith in Jesus Christ before departing this life will be eternally separated from God and suffer in the lake of fire which is the second death, forever.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:10 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,034,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
William Penn said it best: "The humble, meek, merciful, just, pious and devout souls everywhere are of one religion and when death has taken off the mask, they will know one another, though the diverse liveries they wore here make them strangers.""
Thanks for sharing that. William Penn -- gotta look him up :-)

Old 03-18-2013, 11:33 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,958,132 times
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

It was an Episcopalian Priest who first got me to thinking "outside the box" of tradition on this verse. He said something like, "I believe this was intended to be inclusive rather than exclusive." The point being that Jesus was the embodiment of the Way that men come to a right relationship with God and Man, and that the Word was not limited to the life and ministry of Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity