Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 03:36 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
My point I was trying to convey, was no matter how many verses I gave to you, if you are seeing them through a lens of darkness, they will appear dark to you. If you are viewing them through the lens of light (love) they will have a completely different meaning than you originally perceived.
Darkness? This is so typical of Universalists. When others disagree with you, you claim spiritual superiority.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:43 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Darkness? This is so typical of Universalists. When others disagree with you, you claim spiritual superiority.

Please do not project onto me. I am an individual. I am not lumped into a group that you can attach a label to and assess all of my words and actions based on that label.

There is nothing wrong with talking about a person seeing something through darkness or though light. It is obvious when someone has a lens of darkness in reading a particular scripture.

For example:

"destroy your enemies" - Someone viewing it through the lens of darkness perceives this to mean "literally kill your enemies". (which has NOTHING to do with the command of LOVE.) Someone viewing it with the lens of darkness removed, sees it as "make your enemies your friends, thus "destroying" your "enemies".

I feel no need to defend myself against your charge of "claiming superiority". It's a silly notion.

I hope that perhaps what I said in previous posts will start to make sense. I have no ill feelings towards you. My only hope is that peace and joy will be overflowing from your heart. That is the truth. The good news really IS GOOD NEWS.

take care,
sparrow

Old 04-07-2013, 03:46 PM

367 posts, read 370,425 times
Quote:
Yes it is. They all do it. It's a common trait and is self-evident of what spirit is behind their cult.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:03 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
So DennisWayne, you are actually telling us that Satan is telling all believers to "charge and teach that God will save all mankind because Christ ransomed all" and that "God is the Saviour of all mankind"? Really? I mean, REALLY?

Old 04-07-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Please do not project onto me. I am an individual. I am not lumped into a group that you can attach a label to and assess all of my words and actions based on that label.

There is nothing wrong with talking about a person seeing something through darkness or though light. It is obvious when someone has a lens of darkness in reading a particular scripture.

For example:

"destroy your enemies" - Someone viewing it through the lens of darkness perceives this to mean "literally kill your enemies". (which has NOTHING to do with the command of LOVE.) Someone viewing it with the lens of darkness removed, sees it as "make your enemies your friends, thus "destroying" your "enemies".

I feel no need to defend myself against your charge of "claiming superiority". It's a silly notion.

I hope that perhaps what I said in previous posts will start to make sense. I have no ill feelings towards you. My only hope is that peace and joy will be overflowing from your heart. That is the truth. The good news really IS GOOD NEWS.

take care,
sparrow
You just can't help yourself, can you? You're still talking down to me. I hope that you will read John 3 and believe the truth.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:30 PM

Getting back to my original post:

was in a local restaurant owned and operated by Christians. They sometimes play Christian music in the restaurant. Don't know the author but he sang: "Jesus died for your sins if you just believe." I told the waitress "Did you hear what he just sang? He just sang "Jesus died for your sins if you just believe." She replied: "Yea, that's not right."

The Bible never says "Jesus died for your sins if you just believe." That's like saying: "My dad paid my car off if I just believe." The car was paid off whether I believe or not.

Jesus died for OUR (all mankind's) sins 2000 years ago. We can't go back 2000 years and undo what He did if, 2000 years later we do not believe He died for our sins.

And please don't say it's like a bank account that He put money into but you have to take it out. That too is unbiblical.

And please don't say His death for OUR sins is like a gift which you have to open to receive it. Another unscriptural idea.

Jesus died for our sins (PERIOD). Our sins were died for. Not only that but all mankind were ransomed by Christ's death (1 Timothy 2:6). He didn't ransom us if we just believe. "WE WERE DEAD IN TRESPASSES AND SINS." Dead. Dead, dead.

In the Bible, and this is biblical: any animal or human ransomed must be freed. Any animal is not freed if it believes it's been ransomed. A human is not freed if he/she believes they've been ransomed. They must be freed. So it's too late to do anything about it. All mankind have been ransomed. No one can undo the ransom.

So why is God currently saving "especially them that believe"? (1 Tim.4:10)? For 2000 years He has been giving faith to be believing to selected individuals. But His choice of them and their believing does not mean the rest will not come later. Nor does our believing mean if we didn't believe that Christ did not ransom us. It just means we believe that which we know to be true by God's grace.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:37 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
You just can't help yourself, can you? You're still talking down to me.

It is your perception.
However, it is not true.
peace,
sparrow

Old 04-07-2013, 06:38 PM

Eph 3:14-15 On this behalf am I bowing my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, (15) after Whom every kindred in the heavens and on earth is being named,

Not "some kindreds" but "every kindred."

Why is every kindred in the heavens and every kindred on the earth being named after the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ? Because Christ ransomed them. They can't undo the ransom. Too late. The ransom has already been made. All were ransomed. While this truth may sadden many Christians, it won't sadden every kindred in the heavens and earth when they are named after the Father.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisWayne View Post
I heard a great song in a Resturant today.

"universalism is one of satans best weapons" When I heard that all I could say is "Yes God! You obviously dictated this song to the artist. Thank you"

Quote:
As Jesus and I often say, "how can a house be divided against itself stan" when those of satan try and claim we are being used or claiming each other are being used by satan. Ole devil you need some new methods if you going to come against Jesus and me. We got your number!

Quote:
No you are the one doing the evil thing here. Stop it if you love God. Continue if you worship satan.
Quote:
Universalism, fashionable as it is today, is incompatible with the teaching of Christ and His apostles, and is a deadly enemy of evangelism. The true universalism of the Bible is the call to universal evangelism in obedience to Christ's universal commission. It is the conviction that not all men will be saved in the end, but that all men must hear the gospel of salvation before the end.
Quote:
No, let's not candy coat the issue. The Universalism cult is of satan and is attacking God and His word. End of story. If you can show me where serving satan and attacking God and His word is what God want's then I will listen to you. Until then I will continue to expose who and what the cult of Universalism is.

Hope that help!
Quote:
Quote:
Yes it is. They all do it. It's a common trait and is self-evident of what spirit is behind their cult.
The term cult often suggests extreme beliefs and bizarre behavior.

A straw-man argument merely attempts to generate negative sentiment against that which is more rational.
Typically in an unintelligent, uninformed, or bigoted manner that the reasoning mind can easily refute.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
jimmiej, are you trying to get my thread shut down? Start a new thread and talk it over with sparrow. Don't do it in my thread. Thanks.
Uh, you need to go back to page 1 and see who took your thread OT. It wasn't me. I responded to you. You're only calling me out only because I disagree with your OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity