Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 09:59 AM

376 posts, read 419,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
For the record . . . there is only ONE God, period.
There are MANY gods in the Bible.

It's a simple undeniable fact. Every claiming otherwise should consider reading the Bible.
Everything not of this world is a god.
Sure there is just one Supreme God, just one Creator God, just one Yahweh, but that doesn't mean there aren't any others.
The fact that you are human doesn't mean you are the only one.
I quoted a few verses but there are lots and lots more.

But, yes, when a Christian prays to God it's clear it's the Supreme One. That's why I wrote God looks at the heart and fully accepts the prayer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 10:36 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,258,158 times
Faith, I'd say is the key!

Let me quote a couple of verses to you: Mat 9:29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.

Faith was the key in their healing.

Simply stated by none other than the one who knew: Mar 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Having faith in God means trusting, relying and being comforted that God will come through, as promised.

Act 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him (meaning Jesus) hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Absolutely not!! Jesus' faith was unwavering to the bitter end making your and mine as His.

Should find comfort in the following verse: Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

God, by which ever name one may know Him is not foreign to our hearts, but is ever ready to listen to us and give us his ear and heart.

There are many more I could quote you but let me end it with the following verse which is the product of faith once gained: Eph 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Close your eyes, envision God looking at you, and pour out your heart to Him for He has promised to hear you.

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-13-2013, 09:33 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,236 times
I am reminded of the words of the blind man who had been healed by Jesus in John chapter 9:[30] The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes. [31] Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
Acts chapter 10 tells how the prayers of the gentile, Cornelius, came up as a memorial to him, leading the Lord to contact Peter to go to the gentiles.
Jesus said in Matt. 5:[6] Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. [with the Holy Spirit if we have a mind to obey God (Acts 5:32)]

Old 05-15-2013, 09:47 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
If God hears the righteous(love how some of you are accusing me of being sinful,or it doesn't come from the heart,but whavever) then how come everyone says their prayers are answered by God?

Muslims say their prayers are answered by God.
Baptists,JW,and so on.
Each call him different names,so what gives?

Plus,what does this mean"our father who art in heaven,hallowed by they name".
Exactly whose name is jesus referring to?

Old 05-15-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
There are MANY gods in the Bible.

It's a simple undeniable fact. Every claiming otherwise should consider reading the Bible.
Everything not of this world is a god.
Sure there is just one Supreme God, just one Creator God, just one Yahweh, but that doesn't mean there aren't any others.
The fact that you are human doesn't mean you are the only one.
I quoted a few verses but there are lots and lots more.

But, yes, when a Christian prays to God it's clear it's the Supreme One. That's why I wrote God looks at the heart and fully accepts the prayer.
This is what I always thoought too.

How do we distinguish Jesus 's father God from other gods?
By other gods,we don't mean good either.
Isn't the god of this system Satan?

Old 05-15-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Yes. By serving Him. "Worship God alone. Him alone shall you serve."

That is why so many so called prayers are not answered.

"The Lord hears the prayer of the righteous but He is far from the wicked."

So, obviously the righteous call on the name of the Lord. Problem is people think His name is like a human name but as God said His ways are not like mans ways.
If that's the case,then we wouldn't need Jesus.
I thought Jesus came for sinners?

Old 05-15-2013, 10:22 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
This is what I always thoought too.

How do we distinguish Jesus 's father God from other gods?
By other gods,we don't mean good either.
Isn't the god of this system Satan?
Jerseygal4u, what do you believe about the God you pray to? Do you believe this God is love and desires for you to experience that love, and to love God, to love others, and to love yourself? As I see it, anyone who prays to that God is praying to the God that is Jesus' Father, the God who is the Father "from whom every family...derives its name".

Old 05-27-2013, 02:17 PM

see sermon tips about how to obtain eternal life on posts 5/22 and 5/23 - http://www.city-data.com/forum/group...ible-talk.html

Old 05-27-2013, 02:19 PM

See posts on 5/22 and 5/23 on website http://www.city-data.com/forum/group...ible-talk.html
Some excellent tips on obtaining eternal life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity