Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 04:47 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times

Advertisements

Even when we were dead in sins, hath made us alive together with Christ.Ephesians 2:5

As far as I am concerned this is an event that as already happened before we believe,we realize it by coming to faith through the knowledge of Jesus Christ*. So in Christ all shall be made alive 1 Cor 15:22

*Through the knowledge of Jesus Christ...........Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you 2 Cor 13:5

The moment we realize it, we are made alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 07:35 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
Christ is no one that has not been born again (john 3:3) by God's Spirit through Faith in Christ Romans 3,4,5, 9 etc imputing His/GOD's righteousness to the believer justifying them as forgiven as the Father sees the believer "in Christ".

Those that have not come to Christ submitting to His righteousness are not "in Christ". While Christ died for all sins, only those that come have His sacrifice appropriated to their account.

Christ is not in the unregenerate. Christ is not in their heart. They have set themselves up as His enemy, and will be objects of God's wrath if they do not respond to God's Grace and loving kindness.

The "all" being "made alive" in 1 Corinthians 15 are all those that BELIEVE the gospel as pointed out in the 3rd verse.

The penalty for those willfully teaching false doctrine is the "blackness of darkness forever". These people not only did not receive Christ's sacrifice in forgiveness of sins but have shut out those that would otherwise enter in.

If I were you I would repent immediately and undo the damage you have done or else as Judas the Lord says it be better if that man was never born. Mark 14:21

Old 05-28-2013, 10:05 AM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Christ is no one that has not been born again (john 3:3) by God's Spirit through Faith in Christ Romans 3,4,5, 9 etc imputing His/GOD's righteousness to the believer justifying them as forgiven as the Father sees the believer "in Christ".

Those that have not come to Christ submitting to His righteousness are not "in Christ". While Christ died for all sins, only those that come have His sacrifice appropriated to their account.

Christ is not in the unregenerate. Christ is not in their heart. They have set themselves up as His enemy, and will be objects of God's wrath if they do not respond to God's Grace and loving kindness.

The "all" being "made alive" in 1 Corinthians 15 are all those that BELIEVE the gospel as pointed out in the 3rd verse.

The penalty for those willfully teaching false doctrine is the "blackness of darkness forever". These people not only did not receive Christ's sacrifice in forgiveness of sins but have shut out those that would otherwise enter in.

If I were you I would repent immediately and undo the damage you have done or else as Judas the Lord says it be better if that man was never born. Mark 14:21
Since there is a dispute over this and you are both reading the same Bible and willfully teaching . . . how do you know which of you is is teaching false doctrine and is in the "blackness of darkness?"

Old 05-28-2013, 11:45 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Since there is a dispute over this and you are both reading the same Bible and willfully teaching . . . how do you know which of you is is teaching false doctrine and is in the "blackness of darkness?"
Actually, I was wondering what the difference is?? Timing?

Old 05-31-2013, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Not so much timing, but where you are speaking and seeing from. Yet if the difference is timing and you read this scripture as being literal, you cannot but accept it is done before, the literalist ever said I believe in the bible.

God calls things that are not as though they are.

Literalists only call things that are as though they are.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:32 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Quote:
As I see it - one poster is proclaiming the unlimited grace of God to all the world, and the other poster is preaching condemnation, fear, and breathing out threats having to do with punishment. I do not trust people who use fear as a tool to control others nor do I give any heed to their threats. I do hope for their deliverance from bondage to fear.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:36 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Not so much timing, but where you are speaking and seeing from. Yet if the difference is timing and you read this scripture as being literal, you cannot but accept it is done before, the literalist ever said I believe in the bible.

God calls things that are not as though they are.

Literalists only call things that are as though they are.
I see the difference between you as your reference to what we Quakers call "the inward light, or Christ within" which we believe all have, but he is talking about those who have already heeded that light. What you call recognizing it as I understand.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I see the difference between you as your reference to what we Quakers call "the inward light, or Christ within" which we believe all have, but he is talking about those who have already heeded that light. What you call recognizing it as I understand.
Yes something like that Nateswift. I believe God in Christ did something before we were a twinkle in our father's eye. When the Light of the glorious gospel shines in our hearts we see what God has done. For most of us it is a light dawning,an awareness if you like, and we begin to walk in that light as it is revealed.

This nonsense of God magically appearing in us after we say we believe in Jesus and the bible is a mockery of what Jesus taught. Christ is buried within all of us and the day of salvation is when he rises within us. Jesus taught the kingdom IS within, not it will be. When we discover the Kingdom within, we find him of whom the prophets spoke, we sit under his ministry and learn of him. The world does not know him because for the best part the church teaches he's everywhere but where he can be found.

We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:16 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Even when we were dead in sins, hath made us alive together with Christ.Ephesians 2:5
How did he do that?
Quote:

As far as I am concerned this is an event that as already happened before we believe,we realize it by coming to faith through the knowledge of Jesus Christ*. So in Christ all shall be made alive 1 Cor 15:22
How did he do it?
Quote:
*Through the knowledge of Jesus Christ...........Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you 2 Cor 13:5

The moment we realize it, we are made alive.
So we are "made alive" by "realizing it"? Is that what Paul meant in Ephesians? Or 1 Cor 15:22?

Old 05-31-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How did he do that?

How did he do it?

So we are "made alive" by "realizing it"? Is that what Paul meant in Ephesians? Or 1 Cor 15:22?
When Christ rose from the dead.

made us alive WITH Christ even when we were dead in transgressions. Do you believe Christ rises from the dead literally everytime someone believes?.

Did you have to do anything to die in Adam ?. Did you have anything to do with your natural birth, why would you assume that spiritual birth is anything different ?.

Of cause you have to realize it, how do you know Christ is in you, unless you realize it( have a revelation of it). You do believe that God makes himself known to us don't you ?. Or would you like me to give you some scriptures to prove it ?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity