Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:31 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,338,160 times

Advertisements

Satan has power but God is the all powerful. Being a Christian, Satan cannot harm me because I have the protection of God.

Satan has his own church or he has his group of followers. People hide it and won't admit to it but they are also of this world.

Do I think Satan needs his own denomination as in Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist and so on? Personally, no and that's because Satan will one day forever be thrown into the pits of hell by God himself.

I'm not trying to tell you how you should believe and I've never considered myself an actual Satanist, but at one time in my life, I guess you could say I was probably following Satan more than God. It changed my life when I gave my life over to God. So different, in a way, I had no idea how I would change for the good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 12:04 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,379,056 times
In a religiously free country, people can make a church out of anything including "The Church of Chuckmann's Dog." I think Christians generally like this level of freedom but few would ever thing a none Christian God was "worthy" of is own Church. This is probably the same for most other religions. As far as satanism is concerned, I've hear of Anton La Veys "church" with is really just an atheistic theatrical dismissal Christianity and I've heard of Luciferianism which is roughly based out of a few different religions and does consider him to be some sort of god. There are probably many other goofy versions as well, but those are the two I've heard of most recently.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:41 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You don't really expect ANY Christian, fundamentalist or otherwise, to say Satan "deserves his own church" do you??
Yes. This is pretty crazy. What are you trying to say?

Old 06-10-2013, 10:43 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You might want to check and see if this is one of the more or less followers of Anton La Vey Welcome to the Church of Satan in which case the name is more for shock value than anything else, though they say that Satan is a figurative representative of the desires of men. I suppose that we could use outdated Freudian terms and say that it is the celebration of the Id as opposed to the Super-ego or, If you want it and can get away with it, go for it. I call him the poor man's Ayn Rand.
Good comparison. Ayn Rand is no less despicable. Perhaps more. Same stuff.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:35 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
In a religiously free country, people can make a church out of anything including "The Church of Chuckmann's Dog." I think Christians generally like this level of freedom but few would ever thing a none Christian God was "worthy" of is own Church. This is probably the same for most other religions. As far as satanism is concerned, I've hear of Anton La Veys "church" with is really just an atheistic theatrical dismissal Christianity and I've heard of Luciferianism which is roughly based out of a few different religions and does consider him to be some sort of god. There are probably many other goofy versions as well, but those are the two I've heard of most recently.
lol.
Sincerely. I find your post quite amusing. And profound. Go figure

Old 06-11-2013, 03:43 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
Yes. This is pretty crazy. What are you trying to say?
What I say is that those who proclaim The Church of Satan have everything in common with those who believe in the literal truth of the Bible. That Satan is EVERY bit as powerful of God.

In theological history, this is nothing more than the Manacheanism of Augustine. The anti-God whom some believe Satan is.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:03 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,909,886 times
Quote:
Fundamentalism and Satanism

Is there a difference?

Old 06-11-2013, 04:43 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,379,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
lol.
Sincerely. I find your post quite amusing. And profound. Go figure
YAY! I did my job then

Old 06-11-2013, 09:43 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,333,832 times
There are different kinds of Satanism. Believe me, I'm not a follower or anything, but the most prominent Church of Satan organization in the USA is based on founder Anton LaVey. A not-too atypical showman / crackpot / guru type guy around a lot in the 60s. Kind of a snake oil salesman.

LaVey didn't literally believe in Yahweh or Satan except as mythical figures/ literary characters (I happen to agree with him on this one point, if nothing else.) The LaVeyan Satanists are into more of a base form of humanism really. They seem so goofy to me. If they don't believe in gods and demons, why the rituals? From what I gather, it's because LaVey craved attention and he liked the big production / shock value of it. Which, to me, isn't a very profound or valuable philosophy. It's not a philosophy at all, really.

Every person I know who has ever had any involvement with the CoS or any interest in it was just hoping to meet up with a partner for some "ooo-eee-ooo scary" kinky sex. They seem like buffoons to me.

Then, of course, you got the "true blue believers" who are under the delusion they are actually in the service of The Devil.

(ooo-eee-ooo.)

Most of these characters are 15 year old pimply-faced teen boys who are into jamming out to Death Metal and sneaking into their older brothers' pot stash and crap. Not to be taken seriously.

The thing that is SO ridiculous about "literalist" Satanists who truly believe in The Devil is that you'd expect it to follow that they believe The Bible holds some veracity--after all, their "god" (Satan) is from that collection of ancient books. And in that collection of ancient books, Satan is destined to lose and those who follow him or don't follow Yahweh will end up in torment for all eternity.

Sheesh. What a bunch of nonsense.

"Whoa. I am so dark and mysterious and freaky--I worship Saaaaataaaaaannnnnnn."

Gimme a friggin' break.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:48 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,333,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You might want to check and see if this is one of the more or less followers of Anton La Vey in which case the name is more for shock value than anything else, though they say that Satan is a figurative representative of the desires of men. I suppose that we could use outdated Freudian terms and say that it is the celebration of the Id as opposed to the Super-ego or, If you want it and can get away with it, go for it. I call him the poor man's Ayn Rand.
See, if I had read this before I posted what I just wrote, I needn't have bothered. This is far more eloquent and concise writing than is mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
...I've heard of Anton La Veys "church" which is really just an atheistic theatrical dismissal of Christianity...
Yeah. This pretty much sums it up.

And do I believe, as I've heard sme state, that there is some global cabal of evil Satanists enacting some mass conspiracy on the citizens of the world?

No.

That's stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity