Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 04:09 AM

113 posts, read 151,042 times

Advertisements

My story before we go further, I am part of an amazing plus 70 member choir for close to 5 years now and I also play percussion in the band. In my second year in the choir I was just a choir member not even a vocalist or would be able to get close to being a background vocalist or let alone lead the choir during devotions. I went to small little church and long story short they heard that I was from the big choir and they said now you teach us to worship and before I knew it they appointed me to be a worship in their interdenominational gathering.

You must be asking your point is what, you might just be a singer in a huge choir or small choir it doesn't matter there is a day when you lead a lot of people in worship, so let’s start learning worship leading. Whether you are a worship leader, singer, ordinary person, musician or whatever, we need to learn and know how to lead other into the presence of God.

In this series we are going to be looking at things that Worship leader work through and how do you arm yourself to walk into that place and bring glory to God. One statement that was spoken a few weeks ago and it hit me hard was “the world out there is hungry and they are looking for truth and we as worshippers can take them to the truth”

Let us lead people to the feet of Jesus always and all the time that they may meet with the real truth….
Things that worship leader s have to take account for
1. Their flow does it allow the flow of the Holy Spirit
2. Be led by the Holy Spirit
3. Know the word of Gods
4. The people that they are leading
5. Time - we want more time as worship leaders
6. Choosing songs – choosing songs, do we need more songs
7. The choir-
8. The band – working with talented skills men, hiring people to play
9. Worship
10. Team capabilities- orchestra conductors

Worship leading is not an idea or concept I truly believe that God sets people to be worship leaders, its different in different churches but truth is the fact that you are in the choir or bands, does mean God has set you in that place. Regardless of things or protocols that you will have to get through to be selected to be a part of choir or a worship team, God has set you and chosen you to lead his people to Him.

It’s not about bringing the people to your feet and them basking in the glory of your ability or for people to stand in ovation. I am praying for a generation of worshippers which are able to take people into His presence and people cannot stand to clap hands after you are done but are so caught up with the glory of God.

Worship leading is about bringing people to a place where they stand in awe of God and who He is….
“For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding”. Psalms 47:7. God will call upon you and so let’s start on building our understanding so that we lead people into his presence.

Leading People to the Beauty of His Holiness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity