Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 11:48 PM

535 posts, read 967,132 times

Advertisements

Matthew 26 KJV
Jesus Predicts Peter's Denial
31Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad. 32But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee. 33Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended. 34Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the **** crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. 35Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.

Peter Denies Jesus
69Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee. 70But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest. 71And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth. 72And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man. 73And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee. 74Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the **** crew. 75And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the **** crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

When confronted by one or more who are questioning your faith do you ever do as Peter and deny your faith, or lessen it's role in your life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 04:58 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Still it is easy to lie to people who may the threating your life and deny Jesus to the criminal for a way out with more life , just the way Peter did, see Peter was planning to walk away as Jesus died on the cross and was gone , and was believed was not coming back, like the faith in the plan of God .......... Then maybe some Christians who reject their old friends belief , and confess Jesus in their unbelieving faces , or loose opportunities and confess Jesus to unbelieving people on their jobs , or business areas , relational prospects can be a challenge ............Then there is white lying which you can go to Jesus in repentance and get cleaning ........... Or there are many who run to Church and get baptized in the church and six month to six years later walk away and go back to the world and deny Jesus , as the heart of God was not developed in the spirit of Christ ............ Peter did try to know Jesus but was still weak as a disciple and was challenge by customs of the Jews early on, Just like Jesus told him ` get behind me satan`, and `live by the sword you will die by the sword`, and `Jesus prayed that the `sifting of satan on Peter will be thawed by God`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity