Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 12:20 AM

204 posts, read 351,218 times

Advertisements

I'm not a Christian so to Christians I won't be granted eternal life since I don't accept the sacrifice Jesus allegedly made for me, I wanted to ask is that really fair? Do all people who reject Jesus just suffer for eternity?
How can and why should we accept the sacrifice Jesus made when in reality all it does is keep us out of hell? Why does hell need to exist? How can we trust books that were written thousands of years ago?
Why should I accept any religion when I'm only picking it as a card to get me out of hell, and even then I might pick the wrong one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 03:49 AM

473 posts, read 821,948 times
God is love and the Father of all mankind. What Jesus came forth and did was to declare that the only way was through love for Him and mankind. He also said that sin was in remission understanding that man has immaturities and maturities and needed time to grow up. Those who fight Jesus are only those who declare that love is not the key and answer to life problems. They in essence fight themselves. Hell is the absence of love(God). Those who follow immature ways usually find themselves in a hell of their own making. To follow the ways of love is to find an answering love in all around you--to find heaven and peace on Earth. To fight against Christ is to fight against the ways of love for all--it's ludicrous. Jesus is God. God is love and the creator of all mankind. Is He real besides being merely love? Yes. Is He one with us and on our side--if we Love with all we have.
Yeshua Bless You

Old 09-21-2013, 03:55 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
The bible is not completely clear on the issue of , see all it says is that all people who fail to receive Lord Jesus spirit will not be protected by the devil and his hoard from killing the soul of people , and the soul will die and people spirit which does not die will have to be keep in a gorge in the spirit by the Holy Angels of God ..... This gorge is a place which is prepare for the devil and his hoards by God ............ Then the bible says that after the great judgment the devil will be thrown in the lake of fire which burns like brimstone, where the spirit of the false prophet and the beast are there who do not die ,............. But then people spirit will be thrown in this place which will be a second death , so whether people spirit will die in the second death or not die is a second death make no literal sense of a second death with out a death to the lost spirit of man , where the bible says a second death ............ I have No zero plans to be thrown in this place as I have accepted Jesus Spirit for protection of the soul and I will be in Heaven in total bliss Glory to God

Old 09-21-2013, 05:27 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,152 times
There has been a heated debate in the past in this forum, basically there a 3 points of view:

The one you mentioned.

The idea that the unsaved are literally destroyed rather than everlastingly tormented ("annihilationism").

The idea that everybody will be saved in due time, though after severe judgement, depending on one's life.

I personally hold to the third view. If you are interested you can read the threads I opened on that topic, by using the search; there also numerous other threads on that topic.

I think everything has already been said concerning this topic, so I am no longer interested in any further debate, but everybody should judge on his own.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:52 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkong30 View Post
I'm not a Christian so to Christians I won't be granted eternal life since I don't accept the sacrifice Jesus allegedly made for me, I wanted to ask is that really fair? Do all people who reject Jesus just suffer for eternity?
How can and why should we accept the sacrifice Jesus made when in reality all it does is keep us out of hell? Why does hell need to exist? How can we trust books that were written thousands of years ago?
Why should I accept any religion when I'm only picking it as a card to get me out of hell, and even then I might pick the wrong one
I suggest you join one of the Atheist Churches for fellowship, but at the same time try to live like Jesus said. Just emulate Jesus; you don't have to accept his crucifixion.

No one really knows what God is and what God will do. All we have is religion which is man's approximation of the creator. You may want to read Kant, Critique of Pure Reason, CS Lewis, Mere Christianity, Aquinas Five Proofs, Descartes, etc. Read the Sermon of the Mount in the Bible, no need to look at anything else in the Bible.

Live like a good Christian, whether you believe or not. This will not hurt you.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:19 AM

535 posts, read 967,047 times
[quote]
Quote:
I'm not a Christian so to Christians I won't be granted eternal life since I don't accept the sacrifice Jesus allegedly made for me, I wanted to ask is that really fair?
Would you invite someone to live with you the rest of your life who went about cursing you, rejecting you, and berating you to everyone?
Quote:
Do all people who reject Jesus just suffer for eternity?
God's ultimate grace we can not know. All we have is what Jesus said on the subject.
Quote:
How can and why should we accept the sacrifice Jesus made when in reality all it does is keep us out of hell?
Accepting Christ for the get out of Hell free card misses the entire meaning. When one truly accepts Christ they spiritually become a new creature, stripped free of the old self. It's regeneration.
Quote:
Why does hell need to exist?
Hell is reserved for those God desires permanent separation from Himself.
Quote:
How can we trust books that were written thousands of years ago?
How can we not?
Quote:
The point is not to accept any particular Christian religion. Religion isn't going to get you to heaven or keep you from hell. There are saved who never go to church and unsaved who never miss a service.

I suggest you ask God for guidance, then read through The Book of Romans several times.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:26 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla Martin View Post
Hell is reserved for those God desires permanent separation from Himself.

Priscilla, Would you desire any of your children to be permanently separated from yourself?

Old 09-21-2013, 09:43 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Quote:
We should never pick the Jesus card just to get out of hell.

The point of Jesus is to be in relationship with God, thru Him.

John 14:6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except thru Me.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:13 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
There is no such thing as eternal damnation.

Relax.

It matters not a whit what one believes. What matters is how you live your life and how you treat others.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:43 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
There is no such thing as eternal damnation.

Relax.

It matters not a whit what one believes. What matters is how you live your life and how you treat others.
Great post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity